Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Slash couples you DON'T like? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:44 am
Personally, I have a really tough time taking Snarry seriously. Sure, there's super sexy art for it. But it just doesn't fit in my brain.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:49 pm
Ah!! I love Snarry! I find it amazing! (and far more believable then Hermione/Snape, what is that?!)

But let's see...slash couple I can't see...

It's actually really hard for me to put Hermione in a lesbian relationship. Luna? Yes! Ginny? Bring it on! Hermione slash relationships...eeeeeehhhh...

Same goes for Neville. He's just...not slashable for me for some reason. It's odd.

Not really couples, but characters I can't slash. Does that make sense?

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:58 pm
Sirius Black-Snuffles
Ah!! I love Snarry! I find it amazing! (and far more believable then Hermione/Snape, what is that?!)

But let's see...slash couple I can't see...

It's actually really hard for me to put Hermione in a lesbian relationship. Luna? Yes! Ginny? Bring it on! Hermione slash relationships...eeeeeehhhh...

Same goes for Neville. He's just...not slashable for me for some reason. It's odd.

Not really couples, but characters I can't slash. Does that make sense?

I'm not saying Snape/Hermione makes any sense either.
Honestly, I just can't slash Snape/A Student. It's not even really the age difference. It's more of his awful terrible emotionally damaging way he treats children.

But yeah, I'm the same way with Luna. Ron too, though I like some Ron slash in theory.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:37 am
I'm gonna get killed in this topic, I know it! X3

Harry/Draco: It's so cliche. I know there's good "subtext" in there, but to me, it's too easy. I mean, it's only because of H/D that I even got into the books (a girl in my Latin class had a picture of them on her notebook and I was like "WHAT IS THIS?!" and she was all "WHY IT IS HARRY POTTER AND IT IS TEH HOMO!" So I appreciate that. But... I just don't like it. That and the fics I've read all have R/Hr as a side pairing and we all know how I feel about that...

Snarry: I think it just sorta bores me. I ship Snape kinda with Ron, though...

That's about all I can think of. Oh, wait!

AS/S: Ok, first let me say that the name is very clever. I really enjoy that name. But I don't like this ship personally. It's the same deal with H/D- I feel like it was just made for the H/D fans to have their ship any way they could. Am I saying that's a bad thing? No! But I have two problems with that:
1- Say what you mean and don't be ashamed! These kids have no character at all (or next-to-none) so you're shipping based on pure hedonism. There is nothing wrong with that! Embrace it! Own it! "Yeah this is just for my fandom-ness, so what? Come at me, bro!"
2- So many of the fans have just basically put Harry and Draco's personalities into their kids. It feels so empty and hollow. Pointless.

Point of order: I have recently become fond of playing and torturing Hugo Weasley. But when I do that, I don't just put Ron's personality onto him! I mean come on slashers- would you like it if people basically just decided you were a mini version of your mom? Give them some personality!

Well, that's my rant. I guess I just don't really like Harry slash? ... Well, I don't really like Harry het either. I just don't give a damn about Harry, so I don't ship him with anyone. But what really gets me is that he gets all of the fics while Ron gets shipped with either Harry or Hermione and pretty much nobody else. HP SLASHERS! Y U NO LOVE RON SLASH?!  

Harpsiccord

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Harpsiccord

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 am
I apologize for the double post but I just had to!

[Ren The Ryoko]

Honestly, I just can't slash Snape/A Student. It's not even really the age difference. It's more of his awful terrible emotionally damaging way he treats children.

I totally agree with you there. I mean... I did totally agree with you for a while. That last sentence especially. But then the weirdest thing happened- and *waves hands in front of face* I don't expect it to happen to you or anything! But it happened with me. I was on LJ and just looking at communities people had listed.

"Hm, what's this? Snuna? What's that? *click* Snape/Luna?! WTF? Hahahaha! Nooo, I gotta see how bad this is! *reads* Wow... a believably written Luna...a very clever plot... and no sexytimes to make it smut... ? Hmm... *Le clicks second fic where Luna is an adult* ... Oh my God... that is so effing cute; I cannot, I physically cannot...

I, er... I know this is a slash guild, so I won't say anything more on the topic, but if you're curious, please, pleeeease PM me about either fic. They were like... yeah, wow. It is HARD to find good Luna!fic.

*Le makes up for talking about filthy, stinking het X3* Can you fill this out with the names of ships for which the following is accurate?

A I just don't like it
B I actively dislike it
C I just can't *see* it at all and that ruins it for me
D I just don't get why the heck people ship that and it's pretty confusing

I'll fill it out for an example

A- Harry/Draco
B- No slash ship, really
C- Ginny/Luna (I'm sorry! I am! I have drawn art of them, though!)
D- Albus Severus/Scorpius  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:52 pm
Harpsiccord
I'm gonna get killed in this topic, I know it! X3

Harry/Draco: It's so cliche. I know there's good "subtext" in there, but to me, it's too easy. I mean, it's only because of H/D that I even got into the books (a girl in my Latin class had a picture of them on her notebook and I was like "WHAT IS THIS?!" and she was all "WHY IT IS HARRY POTTER AND IT IS TEH HOMO!" So I appreciate that. But... I just don't like it. That and the fics I've read all have R/Hr as a side pairing and we all know how I feel about that...

Snarry: I think it just sorta bores me. I ship Snape kinda with Ron, though...

That's about all I can think of. Oh, wait!

AS/S: Ok, first let me say that the name is very clever. I really enjoy that name. But I don't like this ship personally. It's the same deal with H/D- I feel like it was just made for the H/D fans to have their ship any way they could. Am I saying that's a bad thing? No! But I have two problems with that:
1- Say what you mean and don't be ashamed! These kids have no character at all (or next-to-none) so you're shipping based on pure hedonism. There is nothing wrong with that! Embrace it! Own it! "Yeah this is just for my fandom-ness, so what? Come at me, bro!"
2- So many of the fans have just basically put Harry and Draco's personalities into their kids. It feels so empty and hollow. Pointless.

Point of order: I have recently become fond of playing and torturing Hugo Weasley. But when I do that, I don't just put Ron's personality onto him! I mean come on slashers- would you like it if people basically just decided you were a mini version of your mom? Give them some personality!

Well, that's my rant. I guess I just don't really like Harry slash? ... Well, I don't really like Harry het either. I just don't give a damn about Harry, so I don't ship him with anyone. But what really gets me is that he gets all of the fics while Ron gets shipped with either Harry or Hermione and pretty much nobody else. HP SLASHERS! Y U NO LOVE RON SLASH?!

The thing about Harry Draco for me is that it really is cliche a lot of the time. But there are ways to make it work SO SO good.
Generally setting it Post-Epilogue helps a LOT. It stays in the canon, we can rule out a lot of really awful hormonal cliches, etc etc.

AS/S too. I really, really hate it when Next Gen kids are made into revamps of their parents. Al is just as much Ginny's son as Harry's after all. It's important to flush out distinct personalities for them.
I think it can be WONDERFUL when done well, and like anything, awful when done bad.

I'm sorry! I TRY to ship Ron. I really do. But...I mean...he's rather compulsively straight in my brain for some reason. >.>;;  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:54 pm
Harpsiccord

[Ren The Ryoko]

I totally agree with you there. I mean... I did totally agree with you for a while. That last sentence especially. But then the weirdest thing happened- and *waves hands in front of face* I don't expect it to happen to you or anything! But it happened with me. I was on LJ and just looking at communities people had listed.

"Hm, what's this? Snuna? What's that? *click* Snape/Luna?! WTF? Hahahaha! Nooo, I gotta see how bad this is! *reads* Wow... a believably written Luna...a very clever plot... and no sexytimes to make it smut... ? Hmm... *Le clicks second fic where Luna is an adult* ... Oh my God... that is so effing cute; I cannot, I physically cannot...

I, er... I know this is a slash guild, so I won't say anything more on the topic, but if you're curious, please, pleeeease PM me about either fic. They were like... yeah, wow. It is HARD to find good Luna!fic.

*Le makes up for talking about filthy, stinking het X3* Can you fill this out with the names of ships for which the following is accurate?

A I just don't like it
B I actively dislike it
C I just can't *see* it at all and that ruins it for me
D I just don't get why the heck people ship that and it's pretty confusing

I'll fill it out for an example

A- Harry/Draco
B- No slash ship, really
C- Ginny/Luna (I'm sorry! I am! I have drawn art of them, though!)
D- Albus Severus/Scorpius

<.< -Doesn't like Luna slash either-

Harpsiccord

[Ren The Ryoko]

A I just don't like it: Um....lots I guess. Harry/Ron being a fairly popular one that just doesn't tickle me.

B I actively dislike it: Snape/Students.

C I just can't *see* it at all and that ruins it for me: Gah. Lots I'm sure. Most Ron slashes, sadly.

D I just don't get why the heck people ship that and it's pretty confusing: Neville/Luna. What is that?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:40 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]

I'm sorry! I TRY to ship Ron. I really do. But...I mean...he's rather compulsively straight in my brain for some reason. >.>;;

Hey, don't worry! I used to not get it when people said "He's just stubbornly heterosexual in my head" but now I have an RP character that I intended to make Bisexual-gay, but he has rebelled and gone all the way to het''troness.

Besides, I know you, and you're not one of those infuriating people who is all "Ron can't be gay! He's too manly!" Oh my GOD, I want to punch those people in the face. They are so effing homophobic that I can't stand it. Homophobic slashers; can you imagine? "Gay men are just girls with p***es!" Stupid little... *smacks them into tiny pieces* >C

Ron never struck me as gay either, truth be told. Or straight. To me, all characters are just "I fall in love with that person" and it doesn't matter the sex. In my head that's how it goes anyhow.

P.S- I don't get Neville/Luna at all either! I felt like I was the only one who didn't get it. It just... it boggles the mind. I can honestly see Remus/Luna more than Neville/Luna! And this isn't to say I don't like Neville. I do. I like him with Hannah Abbot a lot. They'd be a cute British couple in their 50's to me (Awwww heart )  

Harpsiccord

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:49 pm
Harpsiccord
[Ren The Ryoko]

Hey, don't worry! I used to not get it when people said "He's just stubbornly heterosexual in my head" but now I have an RP character that I intended to make Bisexual-gay, but he has rebelled and gone all the way to het''troness.

Besides, I know you, and you're not one of those infuriating people who is all "Ron can't be gay! He's too manly!" Oh my GOD, I want to punch those people in the face. They are so effing homophobic that I can't stand it. Homophobic slashers; can you imagine? "Gay men are just girls with p***es!" Stupid little... *smacks them into tiny pieces* >C

Ron never struck me as gay either, truth be told. Or straight. To me, all characters are just "I fall in love with that person" and it doesn't matter the sex. In my head that's how it goes anyhow.

P.S- I don't get Neville/Luna at all either! I felt like I was the only one who didn't get it. It just... it boggles the mind. I can honestly see Remus/Luna more than Neville/Luna! And this isn't to say I don't like Neville. I do. I like him with Hannah Abbot a lot. They'd be a cute British couple in their 50's to me (Awwww heart )

I know. -sigh- It's like those people who feel the need to FORCE slash couples to fall into "Seme" and "Uke" roles. - . -; It's not so much homophobic as it is just....ignorant. But thats the way they like their slash I guess. -shakes head-

I like the IDEA of Draco/Ron, honestly. The Prince and the Pauper and all. But I just can't get Ron in my brain to agree to it.

I just have a weird time with Luna. So I just let her go with the canon.
Neville/Hannah does seem really cute. I wonder if Hannah will get any lines in the movie. That's be rather nice.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:36 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]

It is more ignorance, you're right. I guess I was using homophobia because it was the closest thing I could think of to "racism". You know, stereotyping? I wonder if these stupid fans think that all semes are bisexual then? Since they apparently like twinky, uke-y boys.

SO much wrong with that whole "always uke/seme" thing. Here let me give you this perfect quote about the subject. This is part of an essay David Sedaris wrote. The woman he's visiting with is curious because she found out he's gay and has a boyfriend.

Quote:
"Let me ask, Which one of you is the woman?"

"Well, neither of us. That's what makes us a homosexual couple. We're both guys."

It's astonishing the amount of time that certain straight people devote to gay sex - trying to determine what goes where and how often. They can't imagine any system outside their own, and seem obesessed with the idea of roles, both in bed and out of it. Who calls whom a b***h? Who cries harder when the cat dies? Which one spends the most time in the bathroom? I guess they think that it's that cut-and-dried, though of course it's not.

That part in bold gets me. They can't imagine a system outside of top/bottom. I think that's why they have such a hard time with femslash. They can't see themselves "butching" up a girl because then she's "ugly". But if they're both girly, then who is the guy? Oh noes! :O *eyeroll* Oh well. Hopefully these fans grow up. I guess I can't get mad at them for simply not knowing.  

Harpsiccord

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:44 pm
Harpsiccord
[Ren The Ryoko]

It is more ignorance, you're right. I guess I was using homophobia because it was the closest thing I could think of to "racism". You know, stereotyping? I wonder if these stupid fans think that all semes are bisexual then? Since they apparently like twinky, uke-y boys.

SO much wrong with that whole "always uke/seme" thing. Here let me give you this perfect quote about the subject. This is part of an essay David Sedaris wrote. The woman he's visiting with is curious because she found out he's gay and has a boyfriend.

Quote:
"Let me ask, Which one of you is the woman?"

"Well, neither of us. That's what makes us a homosexual couple. We're both guys."

It's astonishing the amount of time that certain straight people devote to gay sex - trying to determine what goes where and how often. They can't imagine any system outside their own, and seem obesessed with the idea of roles, both in bed and out of it. Who calls whom a b***h? Who cries harder when the cat dies? Which one spends the most time in the bathroom? I guess they think that it's that cut-and-dried, though of course it's not.

That part in bold gets me. They can't imagine a system outside of top/bottom. I think that's why they have such a hard time with femslash. They can't see themselves "butching" up a girl because then she's "ugly". But if they're both girly, then who is the guy? Oh noes! :O *eyeroll* Oh well. Hopefully these fans grow up. I guess I can't get mad at them for simply not knowing.

I was rather like that when I was younger. Middle school, Gravitation fandom, really girly, blushy uke boys. I don't know. It's as weird mind set. I think most people grow out of it pretty fast.

Drarry is fantastic when it's done right. But those damn Seme/Uke roles are a fast track for ruining it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:42 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]

I was rather like that when I was younger. Middle school, Gravitation fandom, really girly, blushy uke boys. I don't know. It's as weird mind set. I think most people grow out of it pretty fast.

Drarry is fantastic when it's done right. But those damn Seme/Uke roles are a fast track for ruining it.

I'm not going to even try to lie- I was like that, too, when I was 11/12 and found out about my love of Teh Ghei. Worse, too.When I was 11, I remember thinking for a month that gay men wanted to be women. It was only for a month, though, because I found this book called "The Family Book of Sexuality" written in the 70's or something. Wait, do I still have it...?

No, guess it's in storage. Well anyway, that book cleared things up for me quickly. So I guess all we can do is wait. It's hard to remember that we didn't always know what we know. Hard to remember that people have to be taught first and that you can't get mad at people for not knowing if nobody told them.  

Harpsiccord

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:03 pm
Harpsiccord
[Ren The Ryoko]

I'm not going to even try to lie- I was like that, too, when I was 11/12 and found out about my love of Teh Ghei. Worse, too.When I was 11, I remember thinking for a month that gay men wanted to be women. It was only for a month, though, because I found this book called "The Family Book of Sexuality" written in the 70's or something. Wait, do I still have it...?

No, guess it's in storage. Well anyway, that book cleared things up for me quickly. So I guess all we can do is wait. It's hard to remember that we didn't always know what we know. Hard to remember that people have to be taught first and that you can't get mad at people for not knowing if nobody told them.

Seriously. Patience is required with the young ones.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:11 am
And to jump back in, yes yes to all of it.

I think I like Snarry so much because I read A Bittersweet Potion series, which, unfortunately, is still being worked on because the amazing writers are partners and one of them got super sick and they have abandoned actually writing out what they've already RPed in favor of health, which I'm totally okay with.

The entire thing goes through (and it starts in like Harry's fourth year, I don't think GoF was out when they started writing it) and they go through why Snape has all of his issues, and Harry is given his fair share of issues as well, and its a working things out and figuring things out. Right now of course you're stuck at this terrible cliff hanger because they had to abandon ship and things aren't so happy, and you can't see the happy ending yet. But it's really interesting.

I like Snarry stories that take the approach of, Snape was truly forced into this teaching job. And so he lashes out because again, it's a job choice he despises, but due to Voldemort and Dumbledore he couldn't get away from it. So he lashes out to the students which is why he's so vicious.

And then from there it branches: he lashes out but then when Harry is older/Snape is out of teaching etc, it turns out that Snape, for being a bit of an a** isn't as terrible as he seemed in school, because he doesn't have to put on the school teacher face that he despises so much.

Or, and this is my kinky and my BSP side speaking: he lashes out because he knows he has an issue with liking his lovers a little bit...younger than is entirely appropriate. So he lashes out to keep himself and his students safe, because it's not a job he would've chosen himself because he knew he'd wind up getting tempted and in serious trouble.

I like my characters troubled. biggrin It makes me happy inside.

A I just don't like it: Harry/Draco, Draco is an idiot, but he's not a sissy boy, and so often is he turned into one when he's made even slightly gay.

B I actively dislike it: Dumbledore/Snape, No. Just....No.

C I just can't *see* it at all and that ruins it for me: I'm going with Ginny/Luna. I think Luna is a bit too flighty for Ginny who is way grounded. Opposites attract, but there's a limit.

D I just don't get why the heck people ship that and it's pretty confusing: Neville/Luna to continue with this trend. As far as slash... :-/ I don't know

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

xRegulus Arcturus Blackx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:46 pm
Old Snape = No thanks. He's too bitter and angry and wrapped up in his Lily Angst to be much fun at that point.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff