Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
what do you think

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should i do this
  yes
  no
View Results

darbear94

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:09 pm
okay well me and my friend have an idea read the article and vote and let me know what you think

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/4/15/103358/720  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:12 pm
I wouldn't do this if I were you. For one thing, as they said, their are no longterm studies of the effects of this sleep schedule. Sleep is important to us, and I could see this being detrimental. Plus, they say if they don't take a nap within five hours, they lose all focus and must sleep. I know with my work schedule, even if I were to take a lunch, I'd still be unable to guarantee a time to sleep within this time frame. Finally, (and this one is kind of personal taste) sleeping and the things that come with it are great. One thing I look forward to is sharing a bed with that special someone (not sex, but actual sleeping/cuddling every night). With 20/30 minute naps, that loses some of its appeal. I am also the kind of person who gets lonely relatively easy, and this kind of schedule would involve me being alone 14-15 hours out of the day, which would drive me nuts.

That's why I say this isn't a good idea. Of course, as you can see, most of these issues deal with my life and beliefs, so if they don't apply to you and you aren't worried about the possible health risks, then go for it.  

bollier

darbear94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:58 am
ya i understand what you are saying and with the sleeping with my other half if i get anywhere near that phase in a relationship i can shift back i jsut this way i can get more things done in the day we arent starting till this summer though and i will probabaly have to stop next year when my senior year starts up unless i get it perfect school could kill me and as for the lonely i dont have much of a social life anyway so thats not a big thing  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games