Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Osama Bin Laden is dead?!?! O_O Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:51 pm
It's all over the news! Obama is suppoively going to make the annoucement that Osama is Dead!!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:15 pm
In the words of someone more clever than I: Shouldn't have put his address on PSN.  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:21 pm
Lychee Fruit
In the words of someone more clever than I: Shouldn't have put his address on PSN.

Hahahahaha!  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:35 am
It's kind of weird to celebrate someone's death, but he was a horrible person who caused the death of many.  

Aaditya

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:11 am
Yeah, I'm not celebrating, but I'm certainly not sorry. (If it's true... I mean, how many times did they kill the #3 person, sometimes the same guy more than once.)  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:47 am
Even though he was a horrible person and he killed millions of people I still find it very sad (and quite disgusting) that people are actually celebrating his death.

And didn't he died a few times before already?

Drunken Echoes

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:03 pm
It is in bad taste to celebrate death yes but Osama Bin Laden was evil through and through... There is more blood on his hands then just that from September 11th 2001 but that is what he will be remembered for. He met his fate at the hands of those he hated so bitterly, to him knowing he was going to die at the hands of Americans would have been mentally tormenting for him. There is no point in having captured Osama, for him in his last moments to know he had no where to run anymore from the enemy he has mocked for the past decade must have shattered his ego into thousands of peices.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:23 pm
I have no problem with him being dead what I have a problem is with the whole world dancing and drinking because he's dead.
And I honestly belive that people are giving to much simbolizism (I don't know ho to spell that -_-) to his death. Like because he's dead all the terrorism will end? No, someone will just take his place.
People are celebrating like all the hate in the world is gone now, but to me all this celebration only shows how much hatred really exists.

That being sad, I really didn't like the guy and he was a wast of space and air I'm just bothered by the celebration I'm seeing on TV.

Drunken Echoes

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:35 pm
Aaditya
It's kind of weird to celebrate someone's death, but he was a horrible person who caused the death of many.

I agree. Every so often I think about the footage of the room and everyone cheering and singing, and there is a conflict. But like you said, he was on a level where you don't judge a human being normally. You can't help but feel relief.

I think the fact that he was killed by a human being face to face was fitting, too. He never looked at the faces of all the people he had killed. I wonder if he even thought of them as human beings with lives and families.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:22 am
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quote:
People are celebrating like all the hate in the world is gone now, but to me all this celebration only shows how much hatred really exists.

A;LSKDFJALS;KDJF THAT.

Also,
Quote:
But why can't we celebrate the lives of those who were killed on 9/11 rather than celebrating the murder of the one who allegedly committed the attack? Are fireworks and parties really necessary? I find it pretty disgusting.

User Image

Omnom Kitty

Friendly Fatcat

8,300 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm
Yeah, what everyone else said.

I suppose it's nice to not have to worry about him, but it's really not cool to celebrate someone's murder. If it had been anyone else, s**t would have hit the fan.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:47 am
I literally forgot that dude even existed.

Hopefully people will take down their "9/11 NEVER FORGET" posters now and give me a break. I mean damn, that s**t happened like 10 years ago.

Gorilla and You

Anxious Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100

Aaditya

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:02 pm
Gorilla and You

Hopefully people will take down their "9/11 NEVER FORGET" posters now and give me a break. I mean damn, that s**t happened like 10 years ago.

Yeah why memorialize tragedies like the holocaust, Oklahoma City bombing, JFK's assassination, and slavery? All that stuff is in the past.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:17 pm
Aaditya
Gorilla and You

Yeah why memorialize tragedies like the holocaust, Oklahoma City bombing, JFK's assassination, and slavery? All that stuff is in the past.
I'm not saying don't memorialize them, I'm saying take your goddamn posters down. Nobody puts up posters in public for those other things you mentioned anyway, it would just be depressing and distasteful. Unless they were directly related to the tradgedy, in which case fine, you have a good enough reason.  

Gorilla and You

Anxious Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100

Aaditya

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:56 pm
People do have posters of things like that, such as the student that was shot in the Vietnam war protest and self-immolating monks. It may not be the best way, but it is a way to remember those events.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff