Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whip

Whip

Rainbow Succubus

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:54 am
I feel this way often. I am a 30 year old woman and I honestly believe that after about the age of 25... I ceased to be visible in society!

I'm not exactly bland as a person both personality wise and aesthetically, so it isn't that. I put it down to my increasing age. Women past their 'prime' are no longer relevant, so it seems. Thus I feel both a sense of loss for my younger self and a sense of freedom that I no longer have to be so self conscious!

I can walk into a night club and no matter if I'm wearing a low cut top or short dress, I can dance completely unnoticed by those around me! I can walk down the street and people literally do not see me... I've been walked into countless times by people who were directly in front of me and looking in my direction! it's like an invisibility cloak!

In all seriousness, I want to know what you all really think about women aging in society, whether they become 'socially invisible' at a certain age.

What are your experiences of it, both men and women!  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:59 pm
I honestly haven't really felt invisible yet, my life have been way too busy for me to feel like that. Course I'm only 27 so who knows maybe it will hit in time but for the moment I'm just enjoying a lot of life here. As for how women are viewed as they get to a certain age I think it only aims towards celebrity women from my perspective. Again I could be wrong but again who know. I would say just enjoy life no matter what.  

Liada Trovaras

bandaidd
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:59 pm
I want your cloak.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:57 pm
Scott Adams wrote about this in a book of musings... About how the older he got the more invisible he seemed to be. I wish that I could remember the title, but I'm afraid that I can't, offhand. If you can somehow find it, though, I believe that you'd find it well worth the read.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

purpleravenhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:23 pm
I started feeling more invisible right after college. sweatdrop Now that I'm turning 30 this year, I fear disappearing entirely. I'm already unwanted; the next step is being actively refused.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:00 pm
I've been invisible since college. Nothing new to me about that. But then again I have aspergers, so i don't even make an attempt to get out from under the cloak at least not that much. I'm invisible to women and most women my age are married and or have children or are divorced or something. But that may not be what you're aiming at. Still that's how I feel. Job wise. I've always been invisible and those that see me have fired me, because of a disability that i didn't know I had till now.  

Prince Darialan

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items