I disagree
70%
 70%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 74

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:37 am

Official Update to the thread:

If you are going to comment on this thread and the original post, please feel free to do so! Just please keep from spamming the thread with the same thing over and over that has already been posted in the past 5 pages. Bring something *new* to the table!

Colorists are free to do as they wish (as far as I know) and can hold slots how they choose. Some ideas were brought up, and some staff liked the initial idea of this thread, so here are some ideas that maybe people will want to consider for their own slots.

As always, please be polite c: This is a suggestion forum, and this thread was created as a suggestion. This isnt a place to beat people over the head or demean them or their ideas because you dont agree. Also, this is a feedback forum for people to talk freely, if you dont like the topic or think it should be dropped, then simply dont come into the thread. ♥

Some popular thoughts:

(Please note, I gathered these from the posts of others, these are not necessarily how I think/feel.)

- LL and RP slots should still be counted as extra slots for all that hard hard work that people have put in. They deserve it!

- Minis, being more popular now, as well as with the new sub-species, are no longer so outnumbered anymore and maybe should have their special slots re-considered.

- Perhaps there should be an edited category instead of an 'open'?

Please read the quote below for the original post c:

Quote:

I would like to suggest that when entering a breeding raffle, that ALL couples get ONE chance per raffle.

It seems that depending on the kind of couple you have, you could have up to 5 chances alone with that couple, while some are limited to only one.

Example:

The breeder has a slots for 1 mini, 1 rp, 1 unedited, 1 ll and 1 open.

Well, if your a seathi/usdia couple who has RPed, your unedited AND youre LL you get 5 chances in the raffle.

While if your an edited regular couple without RP or LL, you have one.

This seems very unfair and I would like to see everyone get the same chances as everyone else, without discriminating against a couple just because of edits/rp/size, etc. If you enter a raffle under a certain category, you get entered in THAT category, not all the others as well.

It will be like customs, you choose which category you want to be in. You dont get to reap the benefits of all of them and 'change your form accordingly'.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:53 am

Also: If you take the time to get to the RP slots, OR you are LL, please consider those slots are still significantly smaller and have better odds. Your chances are still about 1-20 instead of the open of 1-200 so its not as if someone would be taking away all the hard work to get to those slots in the first place.

Ktns

Lunatic

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:00 am
When you're in the open category with an edited couple that doesn't have low luck, doesn't RP, or isn't a mini, it can be really overwhelming because your chances of winning feel so low. And maybe you're one of those people who doesn't have time to RP/doesn't want to RP/doesn't enjoy RPing.

I think this is a good idea because if you're low luck or RP you still have a significantly better chance than edited or even unedited regular couples if you enter the right category. So, you could look at the odds and decide which one is better for you and enter that category. But your odds don't skyrocket to the point that it feels unfair to other people.

Although if colorists wanted to keep the distinction between edited, unedited, and mini for their own purpose (they don't have as much time or feel more inspired towards coloring an unedited, etc), I think it could still be okay. Someone with an unedited couple could enter the unedited slots, but only get that one ticket, not a ticket for open, as well. (As I see it, 'open' could be eliminated in the case of differentiation between unedited and edited.)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:11 am
Totally in favor of this. It just seems a heck a lot more fair to everyone.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Agneza

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:22 am
*raises hand in agreement*

Because I use this in mah breedings. I don't see why one pair should be granted more chances because it is different from another in some way. To me it feels like segregation.

And as Kita stated smaller lists offer better chances in getting a slot. Do pairs listed on them really need to lower chances of those that are listed in bigger lists?

Although there is one exception. Because LL pairs have been trying for slot for a very long time in my opinion they are the only ones that should get two chances. But again not more than two as in listed in no more than two breeding pair lists.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:28 am
Tbh I prefer the system as it is - I currently have two couple trying for slots, and one of them is unedited & rp'ed, the other is edited & a non-rp fling - it's never once bothered me that on occasion one couple has 'slightly' more chance than the other as it's still down to the RNG (and I do mean slightly more, my rp'ed couple is nearing LL status)

I know it's frustrating trying, it really can be, but I think if people are only allowed to enter one category it could make it more so. That's just my opinion anyways.

edit: And yes, I agree that the current system could be called unfair against those with neither time nor inclination to rp, but what it really does boil down to is luck of the draw. You could be in the smallest list ever but unless you're the only entry you aren't guaranteed to win. Limited categories fairer yes, but leading to having to try many times anyway.

And I would have to agree about the LL thing, if you're hitting 30+ times of entry and your chances are limited it's only going to make it doubly frustrating.

Unfortunately, not everyone can win and there are so very many couples trying at any one time, there's always going to be vexation etc  

Sayuri_Nitta

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:58 am
I don't think slightly is necessarily the right word, since, using the last breeding run as an example, the difference in categories is rather large. Open had approx 200 entries, unedited approx 50, RP approx 20, LL approx 30, and mini approx 15.

If the breeding had been run using this suggestion, it would have been 85 edited, 50 unedited, 20 RP, 30 LL, and 15 mini. While this is not exactly equal, it seems much fairer to me. And I personally believe that this would cut down on frustration, not increase it.

Although I also agree with Neza's suggestion about two chances for LL.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:03 am
Slightly or significantly, either way it boils down to luck - and it will still be luck if you limit it *shrugs*  

Sayuri_Nitta

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:09 am
To be honest I have no real input on how this would go.
Either way someone is going to be mad, someone is going to complain, someone it going to call it unfair, because you just can't make everyone happy all of the time, which has been proven time and time again, especially here.

However, either way, breedings are breedings, someone wins, someone loses, I would be fine with either set up. But as Neza stated, if anything LL pairs should have that "extra boost in luck" and be allowed to not only enter for a LL slots, but another slot of their choice.

Really, it is always the choice of the colorist as to which slots they want to do. If they want to do all LL slots, their choice. If they want to do all unedit, their choice. All open, fine. It all depends on the colorists, what they believe they can do with the free time they have, and the demand for the slots.

Plus, as Nitta said, it is all about luck.

85 people on a list. 5 winners. Would you ever expect the RNG would choose people from the first 20 and leave out everyone else? No. But it happens, and yes it gets frustrating when that happens, but hey, it's luck and random.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:14 am
I've always considered the extra breeding slot chances just a perk of going that extra mile for your couple. Even getting put on a lower entered list dosen't help all that often (I've see maybe 2 RP slots since my couple was qualified and that took months in itself to get. Most colorists don't even bother with RP slots). My couple is RP qualified, Lifemated and Low Luck and seeing as how they have had that much effort put into them then why shouldn't they get more chances then X and X who were thrown together on a whim last minute.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:27 am
'Luck' is a rather subjective word, in my opinion. Changing the number of entries in a category changes the odds of winning. Maybe someone doesn't seem to have good luck, but in reality they have the same odds as everyone else in that particular category. Lowering the number of entries makes it more likely you'll win whether you think it does or not.

As Kita said, when you RP or reach LL, it gets you the opportunity to enter into a different category will still better odds than some of the others.

And I find it somewhat sad that because I have an edited, non-RP couple who are not lifemated due to plot purposes and could only enter the open slots until they became low luck that it seems like they were thrown together on a whim last minute.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:33 am
I agree with this. You should only be entered for one category. Yeah, it's down to the RNG but if you have more 'tickets' - I use this term because it's 2am and I'll ramble - you have a higher chance of being picked.

Let's say there's 5 categories (4 specific and one 'open') with one winner for each category. Person A qualifies for all 5 and is entered and rolled for all 5; with varying odds. Person B is only entered into the open category and is only rolled with those odds. Person A has had 5 chances at winning. Person B has only had one. 5 =/= 1.

It should just be you get entered into one category and rolled for that category. Of course people who RP, are LL etc etc should be rewarded. And of course colourists have preferences (unedited etc) but that shouldn't mean that the people who enter into those categories should have a higher chance of being rolled when they already have a higher chance -

Category A has 50 entrants & Category B has 100. Category A has specifics. Category B is open. The person in Category A already has a higher chance of winning that the person in category B.

That in itself should be enough of a reward especially when you consider the differences in the lists. E.G LL = 31. Open = 185 Amazing odds. Srsly.

The 'open' category is what bugs me the most because EVERY entrant is put in that list and rolled. It's basically an extra 'ticket' for everyone who already has increased chances. People who have edited soq/who haven't yet reached RP status/what have you shouldn't be have lowered chances.

I'm not suggesting taking away LL/RP etc'. But what I am suggesting is that everyone else be put in a seperate category. Call it 'everything else' if you have to. But if you're already in a category that's it. You don't get put in a second one and rolled a second time.

/rambles on./  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:35 am
I'm not saying they were but I know some couple who are - there have been Raffles in the past just for Minis or just for no-editted couples and that didn't bother me.

To be honest these extra chances come by so infrequently that I have never even thought of it..most raffles are simply X number of edited and X number of unedited ad maybe 1 LL slot...the RP slots or the Lifemate slots show up once in a blue moon and offer such a rare chance for extra chances that I honestly don't think it's going to matter..for most raffles the 'open' or edited category is still going to be huge because in most raffles these 'extra' chances aren't even avalible.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 am
I have to disagree. If you start limiting with how many slots one couple can be entered in (especially if they're LL) you're once again punishing those who put in that much time into the couple. As Ririka and Nitta said, it's all luck of the draw and is frustrating. Some people have waited a year or more without any sort of breeding luck for the couple(s) they've entered. Being able to enter into more than one category is this shop's way of trying to help counter act the lack of "luck" people have. While I understand the frustration and it sucks, limiting those who have worked harder to get that extra slot is wrong to me. At least with those who unfortunately don't have the time to rp(even when they want to) they can still get into LL and have that extra slot.  

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:40 am
I totally agree, more for the fact that there are categories. If everyone's going to be thrown into the open regardless of being low luck, rp, etc. it seems a little silly to have categories in the first place. I think the whole point of the categories is to give everyone within the categories a chance based on the type of breeding they're going for. Throwing low luck, rp couples, etc. into the "open" gives those in a 'special' category more chances than those that are confined to the one category. I understand that it could be seen as a perk for the special-situation breedings, but it almost punishes the open-breeding couples for not rping, etc. (Don't know if punishment is the right word but same idea. XD)  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff