29%  [ 22 ]
I disagree
70%
 70%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 74

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:47 am
I disagree with this idea. I've considered the point of many of the slots to be a reward for the people who qualify, not a punishment on the rest of people. Especially with LL and RP. I like that the shop actually rewards RP once in a while by giving you an extra slot to apply for, and LL is also a reward for those who have stuck with their couple to no avail.

Sure, it's unfortunate for the people who don't have time to RP, but are you going to start saying that stats shouldn't be used for determining basket count next? Soquili is a shop that rewards RP for the extra effort that people put in. It may not be "fair" that some people don't have time... but that's not something the shop can control.

I agree with Yami. There is no reason that people who put more effort into their couples should be punished.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:49 am
For me, the current set-up doesn't bother me. Sure the odds are against me if one of my pairs is only qualified for just one category, but that's all on me for not putting in the extra effort. As far as I see it, the pairs that eligible for extra categories have put in more effort.

Perhaps instead of say...an all 'open' category which seems to be one of the big concerns, possibly eliminate it. Unless that's the only option available in a particular raffle. Perhaps for those couples that are just flinging, there could be a 'fling' category instead of an open category so that way those that just in flings for a plot or whatnot aren't losing a possible category option if 'Open' wasn't available but things like 'lifemate, rp, etc.' were. But, the slots are all dependent on what the colorist feels they are up to doing. Some prefer doing it one way, others another way. I know I'm rambling but eh, I'm running low on sleep so trying to gather my thoughts coherently isn't really working well.  

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:49 am
I'll say I prefer the old system Why? Luck, that's what.

Granted you do have different categories but only one entry, winning there I just as slim as entering in multiple categories. Heck, getting a new Soq is hard enough; see how many have been waiting years for a breeding or custom to happen.

Heck, if you did enter one category, even if you were eligible for two. You miss out on your chances of winning. You'd regret to see your chances get slim.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:52 am
If I remember right, I believe someone once suggested turning the "Open" category in to an "Edited" category to balance out the "Unedit" category and to give a standing chance to edited pairs.

I can't find the thread where it was suggested, but seeing as it was never put in to action I believe the idea never went that far, so if you want to talk about converting or getting rid of the idea of an "Open" category I would suggest putting out a thread for the idea and seeing where it goes from there.

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:53 am
Having the special category is in its own a 'reward'. You have a higher chance of being rolled. But you are still only rolled once.
That's what Etherial is trying to get at I think?

If you have a ticket in a raffle that's got 30 entrants compared to someone that's got a ticket in a raffle that has 200 entrants I like to think that's reward enough as it is.

If you have a ticket in a raffle that has 30, a raffle that has 40, a raffle that has 80 and a raffle that has 200 then you have more chances than someone who didn't qualify for the smaller raffles.

Reward or not; that's not fair when the people who are already in those categories have a better chance of being rolled. ._.;  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:01 am
Break down of slots

Tooa's april Slots 2010 - 2 unedited, 1 open
Infinities May 2010 - 3 unedited
Tooas june 2010 - 1 unedited, 2 open
Mindsends July 2010 - 3 open, 2 CC
Fels July 2010 - 2 unedited, 1 open, 1 CC
Sabins july 2010 - 1 LL, 1 unedited, 1 open
Mobbus July 2010 - I unedited, 2 open, 1 lifemate
Mindsend august 2010 - 1 mini,1 unedited,1 open
Sam Aug Breeding 2010 - ! uneditted, 1 open, 1 LL, 1 Rp
Sabin Aug 2011 - 3 LL
Tooas Sept breeding - 4 open, 1-2 CC
Bees Oct 2010 breedings - 2 open, 1 Partial CC, 1 Cc
Mindsends Oct Breedings 2010 - 2 open, 1 CC
Nilos Oct breeding 2010 - 2 open,1 ll, I Partial CC,1 CC
Riris Nov Breeding 2010 - 1 LL, 1 RP, 1 unedited, 1 open, 1 year long LL
Nekoyas Nov Breedings 2010 - 1 LL, 1 Newbie,1 Mixer, 1 open
Sabins Nov breedings 2010 - 1 low luck, 1 unedited, 1 open
Nilo Nov breedings 2010 - 1 open, 1 LL/Newbie, 3 Unedited
Kings Nov Breedings 2010 - 1 LL, 1 newbie
bees Nov Breedings 2010 - I open, 1 LL

Alrighty so from April through to Nov of 2010 we have

17 unedited Slots
27 open Slots
8 CC Slots
11 Low Luck Slots
1 Lifemate Slot
1 mini Slot
2 RP Slots
2 Partial CC Slots
1 mixer Slot
1 Year long LL Slot
3 Newbie Slots

- Yeah I can see how all those crazy extra chances will reeeeallly make a difference in the numbers. I mean really? You guys are begrudging people 1-3 extra chances in 20 breedings raffles?  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:10 am
JetAlmeara

it really does when you consider the odds they have in the first place. regardless of how many extra chances they have they still have extra chances. that's not fair.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:15 am
@Jet: you do know that there are a bajillion people who are on soq rright? We are talking about one of THE biggest BC shops here. Even with the restricted slots, and the rules and restrictions each colorist gives. Each category can hit 50 people at most, especially the Open, Edited, and Unedited.  

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:16 am
So does that mean because some of us are able to take a little bit of time to roleplay our Soquili shouldn't get the extra perk of Elderhood for those we have developed properly? Should we just scrap the idea that roleplay is rewarded in a shop that doesn't require roleplay to keep a pet? If you're going to whine that taking the extra step and being rewarded in breedings is unfair, you might as well tack on being eligible for Elderhood.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:16 am
No they worked for those extra chances in the Case of RP slots and they made a commitment to the couple in the case of the Lifemate slots. It's not unfair they made a conscious decision to take the time or face the consequences of doing something..so it is fair - everyone has the same chance to make those decisions and get into those categories as well.

One 15 post RP isn't going to kill anyone no matter how much they dislike it or how little time they have and the people who make the time to do it get their just rewards.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:21 am
JetAlmeara
No they worked for those extra chances in the Case of RP slots and they made a commitment to the couple in the case of the Lifemate slots. It's not unfair they made a conscious decision to take the time or face the consequences of doing something..so it is fair - everyone has the same chance to make those decisions and get into those categories as well.

One 15 post RP isn't going to kill anyone no matter how much they dislike it or how little time they have and the people who make the time to do it get their just rewards.

Exactly. It just takes longer to get it approved. Everyone has the choice to do the work and get the eligibility to get those slots. Thus, once again, it is fair. Not everything should just be handed to people on a silver platter.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:22 am
darknightcavalier
@Jet: you do know that there are a bajillion people who are on soq rright? We are talking about one of THE biggest BC shops here. Even with the restricted slots, and the rules and restrictions each colorist gives. Each category can hit 50 people at most, especially the Open, Edited, and Unedited.

Since I"ve been in the B/C Forum for the better part of several years I do know this - and so does everyone else.

If RP slots and Lifemate Slots etc were available in every raffle I might rethink this idea..but they aren't for the majority of the raffles it's still going to be the same numbers in the same categories.

If this happened and I entered the RP category and theres only one slot but the open raffle has 3 slots...I can say thats not fair either by your reasoning, regardless of the number of entries you would still have 3 chances to be rolled and I would only have 1.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:25 am
As I said before I am not against people getting rewarded for working hard. So don't try and twist what I'm saying into that. Not once did I say get rid of rewards for people.

What my problem is that people who already have a higher chance of getting rolled by being in a separate category that's only specific for those people getting put into MORE categories and having MORE chances than what they already have.

FFS. 1/30 is so much better than 1/200.

Being rolled more than once in seperate lists is just so --------- unfair regardless of how much work has been done. ._.;

Having 5 tickets with different and BETTER odds compared to one with s**t odds is just ---------.

I'll say this again since people seem to ignore certain parts of posts; in no way am I suggested that RP/LL slots be removed. What I'm saying is that people get rolled for those categories ONLY. One category. That's it. That is still better odds than everyone else.

Edit by mind: Swearing does not get your point across and only makes those reading to make an opinion uncomfortable. Even if you disagree with someone, you need to be polite, not argumentative. Everyone's free to voice their opinions.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:28 am
I never said once that you wanted them removed I'm saying that I disagree with your assessment that it's overwhelmingly unfair - since in the end everyone has equal chance to up their chances by doing the extra legwork.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 am
Since we are using Ririka's breeding thread as the example, back in the day of Ol'Soquili, her step-up was normal. All the colorists used to do one RP slot, maybe one non-rp slot, an open slot, and then CC. I even have some of the threads saved in my teepee news.

Sirenz 2007 - When RP was first introduced as a breeding slot
Merangue 2007

LOL: Does that mean when a ticket raffle is offered in Soquili that the people who have the gold to spend shouldn't buy 1,000s of tickets to ensure a decent percentage to win?  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff