USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:40 pm
Jinx Creed
The problem with removing others from the 'open' list is that it might end up being shorter than the other lists... if you were to remove all the low luck, unedited, rped, lifemated, and minis from the open list, then it is kind of a short list... so then people are going to want to pick what list their soq is in to give them a better chance
it complicates things

Not by much, if at all. My two couples would still be in that list (they don't qualify for anything but open). I am sure there are plenty of edited, not mini couples that aren't RPed, lifemated, or low luck (yet).  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Jeezus, I go to work after posting this and look at all the... interesting posts 8D Some people are taking this WAY too defensively and personally, and not at all taking the original post for what it is.

First, Im not crying that its not fair that I didnt/dont win. In fact, I didnt even want to enter the last breeding slots that were open, but my breeding partners wanted another LL tic. Thats why I didnt post them myself.

I have RP couples, I have unedited couples, etc.

I took the time to RP but I dont think I deserve any other slots more than the other people that didnt. I did it for stats, I did it to have fun, and I suggested these things in the fairness of ODDS, not luck.

Maybe 'fair' isnt the correct word, but Im lacking in thought at the moment of what a better word would be.

In any case, it was just a suggestion =) Not a b***h, not a gripe, and honestly this was posted because there was another thread created recently that was to add MORE slots. Just sayin, maybe better utilize the ones we have. Its just another POV.

In Soq, more will NEVER be enough, lol and thats a sad truth, but its a great one for the business of the shop. Again, it was just a simple suggestion c:

Ktns

Lunatic

ktqueen

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:57 pm
I know that this isn't going to sound fair at all, but in the tone of "life isn't fair" anyways, what it really comes down to is colorist choice. I'm a breeding colorist elsewhere, and I like my set up. The way I have my lists set up, and whom can get what, etc. So while we may talk about what's all good and what would be more fair, etc, it's really more about a colorist's preference in my opinion. Some colorists like coloring minis, so they do a mini spot. But everyone has favorites, OR everyone has preferences in coloring. There's lines I DO NOT wanna color, so I wouldn't make a slot for them. XDDD;;; But say one doesn't like coloring mini's as much as say, I dunno wind Soq because there's less room to do bigger patterns or something.

I think that colorists should be able to choose what they want to do. If something was really unfair, aka somebody CC the same people every month OR rolling only RP/Mini/Etc for 3+ months, then yeah we can cause a fuss and get it fixed. But this way, everyone has about an equal chance. You want more options? Get on the LL list by entering that couple you want so bad every time. They might get picked before they hit the LL. RP your couple, if you rp, and that could put them on more lists. Can do much about life mating/unedited/etc, but you can work on getting on those lists and uping your chances as much as you can. From there, it's all the same for everyone. Lady Luck's just gotta look your way.

I'm a believer in say, maybe a few more breeders or more slots opening so more people can get slots. But once again, more slots would pretain to the colorists, and more colorists pretain to the shop owners. I've never had a breeding, and I've had Soq for well over 6 months now. I'm content in trying the way it is, and hope for a bit o' the luck. D: I have a friend who's always got a new basket or Soq in her sig because she has the devil's luck (I swear). I'm jealous, honestly, but I wouldn't say it's unfair. It's just how the cards are delt.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:35 pm
*didn't read ALL of the responses here so please don't shoot me*

I'm not sure why this seemed to get so ... argumentative but just to put my two cents in....

I think the way that it is now is fine smile It's nice to get a little reward for putting in the extra rp effort and it also helps keep the soquili from turning into breeding machines (imho). If the staff want to adjust their slots to this then that will be their choice, however for everyone to be arguing so much seems to be a little bit of a waste of time. I think they're quite fair now and everyone has the same chances as everyone else. We all have the opportunity to reach LL and we all have the opportunity to rp. Mini and unedited slots are there for the breeds that get the short end of the stick in general and unedited are easier for the colorists to put out smile

In general: It isn't fair for us to dictate what the colorists should and should not have to do, and If it's not broken why fix it?

*goes back to lurk mode now*  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:12 pm

A thought came to mind about letting colorists do what they want, no matter the odds.

If this is how people feel, then how come there was a thread on how holding sales where they roll a page and then number isnt fair, and had that taken away from them? And yet some of those same people want the colorists to keep the right to do things as they want?

Im confused on that o.O

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:08 pm
Well, to be honest, I just got my first Soq 6 months ago. If that happened before I showed up, I wouldn't have known about it. XD I backread the rules and what not, but there is a lot of other threads I didn't bother to read. There were just too many.

And I could see how that would be rather unfair, compared to say, just a general raffle. I dunno. General raffles, with different areas to win spots in seem just fine to me. I haven't seen anything else done, so I didn't know it had been done any other way.  

ktqueen

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:03 pm
Etherial Requiem

A thought came to mind about letting colorists do what they want, no matter the odds.

If this is how people feel, then how come there was a thread on how holding sales where they roll a page and then number isnt fair, and had that taken away from them? And yet some of those same people want the colorists to keep the right to do things as they want?

Im confused on that o.O

Because I personally started that thread, I shall answer.

Sisi still said that from that thread, that if it was a paid event (like a flaffle), it wouldn't be allowed, but free events (because they were free) they could do the page raffle (at least, from what i remembered).

What I was arguing in that thread was that there was a first 'weeding out' roll and then a second roll for the actually soquili. Yes, a lot of people didn't understand what I was fighting for, but that was the original reason. (I don't care about odds, because i've found out in this shop that, no matter how small or large it is, it'll always be against you).

Back on topic, I kind of don't really care much about the issue at all. People have said it, that no matter what, it's the RNG. Again, odds are odds and they will always be against you no matter how many 'tickets' you have.

Now I shall try an example.
3 slots: 1 open, 1 LL, 1 unedited
(Let's just say 100 entered since it's a nice number)

Current system now:
Open = 100 couples
LL = 20 couples
Unedited = 50 couples

Assuming you qualify... for open and unedited. So that's a 1/100 chance and a 1/50 chance. Looking at them, still isn't very good to me.

Suggested System:
Open = 30
LL = 20
Unedited = 50

So now it's 1/30 OR 1/50. Lawl. Noticed i said or? I guess in the end, the problem would arise, "Where to put this couple?" Would the person entering them get the discretion because it's their couple, or would the colorist?

Unless my numbers were wrong (i'm kind of in half-daze), then changing it could lead to more problems. ("I don't want my pair on that list! I want it under ___!!!")  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:12 pm
Yeah, I could see the problem arising from that system. Though it's a good idea. What about the RP couples who turn into LL? Do they pick LL or RP? Do they get to change at the end because there is less of the other? Or because they've earned both tech, shouldn't they be in both? I like giving the LL and the RP more chances because one day, that could be me in there. And maybe yeah, they have a little better chance, but maybe the open could be rolled last, so only those who missed out on the others could get it.  

ktqueen

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:24 am
A lot of Things are good in theory, but harder to make okay in practice. As i said, for myself, i dont care which way this goes. There just seems to be more problems if they were changed.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:27 pm
ATh e a r t

Now I shall try an example.
3 slots: 1 open, 1 LL, 1 unedited
(Let's just say 100 entered since it's a nice number)

Current system now:
Open = 100 couples
LL = 20 couples
Unedited = 50 couples

Assuming you qualify... for open and unedited. So that's a 1/100 chance and a 1/50 chance. Looking at them, still isn't very good to me.

Suggested System:
Open = 30
LL = 20
Unedited = 50

So now it's 1/30 OR 1/50. Lawl. Noticed i said or? I guess in the end, the problem would arise, "Where to put this couple?" Would the person entering them get the discretion because it's their couple, or would the colorist?

Unless my numbers were wrong (i'm kind of in half-daze), then changing it could lead to more problems. ("I don't want my pair on that list! I want it under ___!!!")

Well using the numbers from the most recent raffle, open still has the longest odds even with all of the low luck, unedited, mini, and RPed numbers removed (it came out at 77, the closest to it was unedited with 48 ).

I would be happy with there being an edited slot instead of open, because there are clearly plenty of couples that would qualify for it and only it.  

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100

Rikah_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:53 pm
No one has ever told the colorists how to run slots. They just have a certain number to take. So it's THEIR choice how they run them, and it's worked like that for YEARS. They choose to have LL slots, they choose to have RP. They don't have too. This is part of their way of doing CC (though it's not purely CC) . They are CHOOSING to do RP, or unedited or whatever. So taking those slots away and making ONE HUGE list isn't even fair TO THEM. They would loose control of what they want to do. So the idea of everyone only have 'one' chance is then nullified, people 'qualify' for the other lists. You can't say, choose between the Open (anyone and everyone list) and the selective list. Because the Open list then becomes not open. So it just doesn't make sense to try and segregate people like that.

So then changing the Open list to something like Edited, A. probably wouldn't help the numbers any. B. There would still be people who qualify for that, and other slots.

And I've said this before, we can't tell the colorists what to do. They are just humans too, that work for an extremely busy, rough shop. Asking them to take away the little freedom / control they have on the breedings isn't fair. People get all pissy having to wait for pets and for not having slots of any kind offered in a 'timely' manner. They're people that have lives outside of gaia, and being this demanding is only going to cause them to burn out. There are worse things in the world, then someone 'qualifying' for more then one list...  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:45 pm
I for one would be pissed as all get out if I put in all that extra work to RP/LL and DIDN'T have a few extra shots to beat the odds that go with the territory of trying to land a slot in a shop as large as this one. That just ain't cool no matter what way you try to spin it. Demand > Supply, and unless management hires a colorist for every 5 customers... it is unlikely to even out anytime soon... and even THEN you'd still have folks being disappointed. That said, If you don't have the time to RP (which I really don't... not just for breedings anyway) then you don't get the perks. Plain and simple. I really don't see what all the fuss is about?

Also, for what it is worth, I don't think the current system is unfair at all. I don't currently have any pairs in either the RP or LL group, but I do have unedited/mini/open type couples. It's been working just fine, and at this point I like to think I've been in this shop long enough to recognize when something just isn't working.

So in the end, I'd suggest just letting it go, there is no use reinventing the wheel, y'know? ^_~ heart  

Celeanor
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Alright now that I have some time I can finally update this thread a little bit. C:

Thank you guys so much for your input and a lot of people have come up with some pretty good things!

Im going to ask that unless you have something new to post other than the same thing people have been posting the last 5 pages or so, please refrain until you can add more to the convo! Ill be updating this post a little as I read more C:

Just because you dont agree, doesnt mean the topic has to be dropped or 'moved on' from. There are a lot of good ideas that have come from it so far and this is what this forum is all about!

Ill be posting again soon with the compilation of the ideas and some other things as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Official Update to the thread:

If you are going to comment on this thread and the original post, please feel free to do so! Just please keep from spamming the thread with the same thing over and over that has already been posted in the past 5 pages. Bring something *new* to the table!

Colorists are free to do as they wish (as far as I know) and can hold slots how they choose. Some ideas were brought up, and some staff liked the initial idea of this thread, so here are some ideas that maybe people will want to consider for their own slots.

As always, please be polite c: This is a suggestion forum, and this thread was created as a suggestion. This isnt a place to beat people over the head or demean them or their ideas because you dont agree. Also, this is a feedback forum for people to talk freely, if you dont like the topic or think it should be dropped, then simply dont come into the thread. ♥

Some popular thoughts:

(Please note, I gathered these from the posts of others, these are not necessarily how I think/feel.)

- LL and RP slots should still be counted as extra slots for all that hard hard work that people have put in. They deserve it!

- Minis, being more popular now, as well as with the new sub-species, are no longer so outnumbered anymore and maybe should have their special slots re-considered.

- Perhaps there should be an edited category instead of an 'open'?

Ktns

Lunatic

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas