I disagree
70%
 70%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 74

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:03 am
I'd have to disagree with getting rid of the mini slots. Sure, more were given out, but it will take a while for them to gain more popularity.

Also the fact that they're not always offered anyways.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:27 pm
I have to agree with Heart. While I know that with the recent new breeds the minis have gone up in popularity, I still don't think they're anywhere close to being as popular in breedings as the larger soquili just yet. Not to mention I do like the idea of mini slots and tossing them out altogether isn't really going to help anything. But I'm pretty sure we're all just beating a dead horse with a stick at this point.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:00 pm
i am going to post in here.. because i can't help but wonder if my seathi entry fed into part of the fuss. my seathi coupling was in almost every category for neza's slots. they were also in almost every category for Julian's lots this month; though being on several categories and shorter lists didn't really help them until Neza's slots. XD They were LL though. I've been pushing this coupling since a month after I got Magnificent.. which was.... around spring of LAST YEAR... >> so yeah. i've been entering them for over a year, and they only just now got it. it probably helped that there were only 3 couples on that list. I'm sure something like that will not pass me up again if ever in this shop.

I haven't qualified for an RP slot for them, since while we do have an rp. It is not finished.

I won't really say too much i guess.. since anything i would have to say has been said already.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 am
I feel the need to toss my 2 cents in as I have read through the whole thread and have mixed feelings/opinions on things, so please don't shoot me but here are my thoughts after seeing what everyone else has to say. And no I cant remember everything everyone said so if I missed something I'm sorry, I'm not having a go at anyone or anything this is just my thoughts on things after reading it all.

So ok my thoughts:

Firstly I have been in soquili for a few years now, I have never won a breeding. My first couple was LL and LM before they split over a year ago. Not long after that (maybe a month or 2) I had a new couple to enter and they are LL now as well. then this year I had another couple.

Summery: I have had 3 couples total that I have ever entered in breedings, 2 LL, 1 is half way to LL.

The extra odds that so many have talked about have done me no good what so ever (entered first breeding in Oct 09), and it can be very hard seeing other couples that have just started trying win every month. But that's how the cookie crumbles, can't change it and honestly I don't really want to.

However Open is a huge category, at on average 200 entries per breeding, I can see how dividing open into edited and unedited could be better for the odds, but here are some thoughts on that.

1. Most entrants have 2 couples per breeding raffle.
- Lets assume that they only qualify for the open slot, which usually has 2 or more chances in it. So 2 couples have a 1/100 chance of winning 2 or 3 times. That would make that owners odds 2/66 roughly. (as the current system stands if the open has 3 slots)

2. Every month more couples become LL or Rp qualified. I've not seen anyone mention this really but its something we all know. And unless a breeding is LL or Rp focused its rare to see more than 2 - 4 LL couples win every month. So the odds never really decrease in those categories, especially Rp which is such a rarely used slot. And while LL is becoming more common, most are still rolled in other categories, be it mini, open or unedited.

3. I personally have never seen an edited only category, I know colourists choose what slots they want to do and that's wonderful, but there is a chance of people having soquili that don't fall into anything but Edited. And while not always the case colourists can and sometimes do opt to only allow unedited to minimal edits in their raffles. I know anyone can enter and have a set of unedited baskets, but if an owner doesn't want to loose edits in a breeding they loose even more chances of entering let alone winning.

Conclusion:

As it stands the system works, and while I agree the open could be divided into edited and unedited, I do not think that it would be fair to make owners choose what slot they can enter if they can only choose one (if it is even their choice). Fair has been used a lot in this thread and the overall consensus is nothing is fair, however flawed as it might be the system works and it rewards the loyalty and hard work of of its customers in Rp & LL slots, and in the even rarer newbie slots it give those who have never won a smaller increase in chances.

In the end I think colourists should be able to divide up their slots how they wish, in the end they have a minimum requirement they need to do in any given month, so anything extra or any extra chances they feel like giving are a bonus/gift from the colourist not the shop as a whole.

So yeah that's my 2 cents, please don't rip me to shreds, I just felt like voicing my thoughts as the debate had got me thinking quite a bit. I dont think either way is going to be fair, someone will always miss out, In the end you can't please everybody all of the time, but you can try and please some of the people most of the time, and I think the colourists try hard to do just that.

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers