Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Cue the rage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What pisses you off?
  Trolls
  Grammar Nazis
  TV reality show stars
  New Jersey
  Girls that date jerks and whine about the jerks they date
  Attention whores
  People that use medical jargon that you cannot understand at all
  Med students (so God damn type A...)
  New Jersey
  ANN COULTER
View Results

Aaditya

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:33 pm
I've started doing question banks for my boards studying and trust me, nothing is more illogically rage-inducing than getting these questions wrong. Stuff like: a woman with heart failure recently was hospitalized for an infection and was given a macrolide. She is now having trouble hearing. What medications is she on?

I narrowed the choices down to two diuretics: furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide. I was leaning to furosemide, but doubting myself, I chose HCT and...I WAS WRONG scream

I got so mad that if people in the library saw my face, probably thought I was trying to s**t myself.

It's good that I know now, and the question banks do give you feedback on why things are right and why things are wrong, but ******** A, when you rationalize things and think you're on the right track and then get told wrong and why your choice is a stupid one, your blood pressure could make your eyes explode.

When that happens I feel like trying to punch through my Mac, but like a masochist, I keep trodding through. Those. ********. Question. Banks.

What sets you off in a way that shouldn't be logical? What gives you guys a hair trigger temper? What changes your calm waters into a tsunami of seething wrath?  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:24 pm
That sucks and is annoying as s**t, I hate it when stuff like that happens, particularly when you spend so long going over why it’s right in your mind or what have you and it just gets thrown back in your face. But like you said, at least you know now.

Something that real boils my blood: A friend of mine who talks crap about refugees, asylum seekers and people in general (be it for reasons such as war and violence, or just a move for work or what have you (these come in forms of complaints about doctors from India, for example)) who aren’t from an English speaking nation coming into Australia. I think she forgets that my dad came here during a military coup... that and she denies that she has racist / those kinds of tendencies sometimes.

It's the one thing I actually get properly angry and worked up about in front of people.

Oh, and I get told I'm being stupid, but she's allowed to get angry when I say something about religion - and she's not even legitimately religious, just says she is once a year (we recently had a clash over these two topics over Easter...)

diffun

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:05 am
ghetto trash
Oh, and I get told I'm being stupid, but she's allowed to get angry when I say something about religion - and she's not even legitimately religious, just says she is once a year (we recently had a clash over these two topics over Easter...)

Ugh, I know how that is. I'm always the one who has to "suck it up" but heaven forbid I hurt someone else's feelings. evil

What sets me off is interruptions. If I'm trying to focus on something (which is most of the time xD ) and someone starts talking to me, knocks at the door, calls on the phone, even that annoying email notification beep, I get really angry. redface My computer crashing is the same thing, an interruption. I've nearly smashed it plenty of times for that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:37 pm
When people insult my intelligence. I mean, I can laugh at someone calling me stupid - it's usually a joke, anyways. But when someone is talking to me, slows down and tries to baby feed me logic, all I want to do is cut off their knees.  

H o r n C a l l s

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff