Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
The Voice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:50 am
I'm sure the majority of us are acquainted with American Idol.

However, has anyone watched The Voice? It's yet another vocal competition show, but it's quite different. Instead of seeing the singers, the judges (Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, Christina Aguilera, and Blake Shelton) have their backs turned to the stage, judging the singers solely on their voices and not their appearances. If a judge likes what they hear, he/she pushes a button, turning their chair to view the singer and signifying the judge's interest for the singer to join their respective "teams." If multiple judges press the button, the singer gets to choose which team he/she wants to join.

Click [here] for one of the performances (my personal favorite).
Click [here] for the link to the official website.

I'll definitely be watching more of this show.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:48 am
lgtenos
I'm sure the majority of us are acquainted with American Idol.

However, has anyone watched The Voice? It's yet another vocal competition show, but it's quite different. Instead of seeing the singers, the judges (Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, Christina Aguilera, and Blake Shelton) have their backs turned to the stage, judging the singers solely on their voices and not their appearances. If a judge likes what they hear, he/she pushes a button, turning their chair to view the singer and signifying the judge's interest for the singer to join their respective "teams." If multiple judges press the button, the singer gets to choose which team he/she wants to join.

Click [here] for one of the performances (my personal favorite).
Click [here] for the link to the official website.

I'll definitely be watching more of this show.

I've never been a fan of singing or dancing "reality" shows. To me they're all the same. I found it humorous that Christina Aguilera picked the guy when he, for lack of a better word, "exaggerated" the note which is something she's famous for lol  

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:50 am
I'm kind of the same. The only show I watched continuously was America's Best Dance Crew. But, alas, it's starting to lose its spark [IMO]. I just thought The Voice was a refresher from the mainstream that is American Idol.

Also, I screamed: "Blake Shelton is getting air time. FINALLY!"  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:45 am
Insatiable Lust
I found it humorous that Christina Aguilera picked the guy when he, for lack of a better word, "exaggerated" the note which is something she's famous for lol

Lol, me too. That's probably the only reason why people think her songs are any good rofl

On that note, that does look like a good show. If I were more into singing or dancing shows, I'd definitely watch. If it gets broadcast out to Australia, I mean. Or maybe even just watch on YouTube. *shrug*  

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items