Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Transgender in need of assistance! :D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

k00kie d0ugh

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:14 pm
Hello fellow LGBT peeps! My friend and I have gender identity disorder, or in other words, we're transgender. I was born female, and my friend male. I have no problem dressing in clothes I am comfortable in due to the fact that women dressing in mens clothing isn't taboo, where vice versa it's like "what the hell?!"

Anyhoo~ on that note, my friend hasn't dressed in womens clothing since he was a child, due to the fact he played with his neighbors who were girls. He wants to experiment a bit, and so him, myself, and another friend who knows about him plan to take him out on a little shopping spree. He doesn't plan on telling his folks, and my mother knows, so we're going to stash his stuff at my place until he does move out.

Now, here's the part we need help with. We know nothing of womens fashion. Me because no one in my family wears much of what would be popular today, though my mother and sister tend to wear it a lot more often than me, for obvious reasons. The friend that's tagging along, although she's female and not transgender -as far as we know-, has very little fashion sense. If there are any MTFs out there that can give us any advice what so ever, we'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
~Pepe

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:30 pm
bump~  

k00kie d0ugh

Dapper Fatcat

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:01 pm
I'd recommend getting clothes like this for him to start out wih: http://www.milaneze.com/illustr/goodphotos/mediumimages/28304.jpg  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:10 am
I've noticed a trend in hippy-type clothing (Funk-E People, for example), and also what I like to call "granny tones"; really faded pinks, that I really don't like or recommend. XD
But yeah, I would go with Funk-E People, because although the dresses and things there aren't too particularly feminine, at the same time they're not very difficult size-wise. You don't necessarily need curves to pull them off.  

Atrum_Anima

k00kie d0ugh

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:55 am
Shilberu Erikku
I'd recommend getting clothes like this for him to start out wih: http://www.milaneze.com/illustr/goodphotos/mediumimages/28304.jpg

Alright, that gives us some ideas. Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:57 am
Atrum_Anima
I've noticed a trend in hippy-type clothing (Funk-E People, for example), and also what I like to call "granny tones"; really faded pinks, that I really don't like or recommend. XD
But yeah, I would go with Funk-E People, because although the dresses and things there aren't too particularly feminine, at the same time they're not very difficult size-wise. You don't necessarily need curves to pull them off.

It seems reasonable. I'll have to ask him when I see him again. Though he does have a curve to him, as he is very thin.
Thanks.  

k00kie d0ugh

Dapper Fatcat

sexxxi_fun_dancing

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:32 am
It all depends on his skintone and what style he's shooting for.

If he wants to go trendy,
he can do something like the following:
User Image
User Image
User Image

(I'm gonna do this in seperate posts so all the pictures don't bombard you. Cause they're big.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:40 am
Fore more of a vintage look, the following:
User Image
User Image

Retro:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. (this could also be paired with a dark skinny jean)

sexxxi_fun_dancing

sexxxi_fun_dancing

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:54 am
And Finally, High fashion:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:37 pm
Tumblr has amazing fashion bloggers

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/fashion  

BlueberryCondomBomb

Lady Direwolf

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:16 pm
Try going to a mall, and people watching for a while, picking out outfits that she likes on other people.
Then, go to stores and try to find pieces that can make up similar outfits.
If you need help, or more than that, print out pictures of outfits she likes online and bring them to shop assistants at various stores, asking them to help you find pieces that can make up similar outfits.
you can be the one to ask, if your town isn't very liberal, since you're female-bodied.

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:13 pm
sexxxi_fun_dancing
It all depends on his skintone and what style he's shooting for.

If he wants to go trendy,
he can do something like the following:
User Image
User Image
User Image

(I'm gonna do this in seperate posts so all the pictures don't bombard you. Cause they're big.)

Aww cute

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers