Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Chatterbox
*sigh* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CowboiiKid

6,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:12 pm
When I came out to my mom she was ok with it. She SAID she was ok with it....but she's always trying to convince me that I'm not gay. She says things like "oh well you're young. You can't know for sure what you want yet." Or "you CAN'T know if you're gay. You haven't had sex yet!" Or, my favorite, "you just haven't met the right guy yet." Mom, if I thought I was going to meet the right guy I would agree with you. But truthfully, I'm not attracted to guys at all and I can't picture myself ever being with a guy. The point is, if she was really ok with me being gay then wouldn't she just accept it insead of challenging it? Are anyone else's parents like this?  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:20 pm
I honestly have no idea, but that is what i fear my parents would be like. ( when i come out ) Or they just wouldnt beieve me at all.  

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

Raezer

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:24 pm
I know what you mean. When I came out to my mom, she actually said she wasn't surprised. Yet soon after, any guy friends I mentioned, she asked if we were dating, she asked if I was molested, or if I thought I was seeking out female attention because she wasn't nurturing enough when I was growing up. I'm just starting to think that there are some straight people who, no matter how much they love you or you love them, will never get it. Not that they can't, but it would take some sort of superhuman effort or life changing event.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:40 pm
Saaaaaaaaaammmee when i came out, my mother was ...or i thought she was ok with it...now when im dating, shes like "ewwww" or "why her" or "your not ready yet...wait awhile"...damn...i was like Wooow -______- but whatevers im still dating my best friend....is which is a girl <3 whee  

xDR-BAD CRABx

Hilarious Noob

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:22 pm
If only parents didn't just assume their kids would always be straight......*sigh*  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:20 am
Retroactive Poptart
When I came out to my mom she was ok with it. She SAID she was ok with it....but she's always trying to convince me that I'm not gay. She says things like "oh well you're young. You can't know for sure what you want yet." Or "you CAN'T know if you're gay. You haven't had sex yet!" Or, my favorite, "you just haven't met the right guy yet." Mom, if I thought I was going to meet the right guy I would agree with you. But truthfully, I'm not attracted to guys at all and I can't picture myself ever being with a guy. The point is, if she was really ok with me being gay then wouldn't she just accept it insead of challenging it? Are anyone else's parents like this?

Hey, my mom's the same way! And a couple of other people seem to have the same problem. I came out two years ago, and my mom did say it was okay, and she accepted it but that pretty much lasted for about 5 mins. And she tried to tell me about stories of how she use to hang out with girls and things like that but she never felt that way towards them and I shouldnt either. BUT ITS NOT THE SAME because she wasnt attracted to them. And she always talks about how I need to learn how to cook and clean for my "husband". I really dont like that word anymore, and I don't want to hear it. I'm bisexual, that means that I haven't closed off the possibilities [even though its extremely slim] of me being with a guy, but her forcing me to be with a guy is really turning me away from them. It makes me disgust them even more. I really feel like after I get my college degree, I would move away from them and live my OWN life without them pestering me about this kind of stuff.  

CandyBoy955

Dragons Fox

Witty Sage

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Yep.

My mom said she was cool with it, then after a while everything was all about boys, then she was hinting to my family when they were visiting - which pissed me off cause I didn't want them to know - and now she's just all whatever.

This all happened starting about five years ago so I mean, now it's a little different. I haven't dated any girls and I won't until I move out but, eventually your mom will accept it herself.

You just need to be true to what you want and not really care what other people think. You know who you are and what you like and no one can tell you otherwise.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:41 am
Deep down they want their kids to be straight just to ensure grandkids for sure 3nodding

Sides when I came out to my mum in high school she cracked a few jokes and that wast that. Though there are times I think she wishes else wise. But she loves me for who I am despite it and supports me.  

FauxZombie

Sakura Him3

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:10 pm
pftt my mom will never agree with it i am sure with it. i watched movie *the kids are alright* and my mom was grossed . *sigh* i dont know if iwill ever be able to tell her  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:37 pm
lol, if i told my mom my dreamgirl is a herm girl she would flip out. xD just dont tell your parents, or if you tell them dont care about how they feel. Old people are dumb, and judgemental. I mean i judge people but I am a Judge Magister. cool So like yeah, why should you guys care about how your family sees you? I mean they are just humans, then again high school is kinda a awkward time for closet kids. wel... Im sortof a closet kid too (even though im 21) i just havent told any of my family Im bi yet. xD but, no you dont have to tell anyone, till you are out of the house.  

Launcelot Deulake Veralin

3,000 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Amethyst_Follower

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:34 pm
neither of my parents are ok with me. my mom still thinks its because the longest relationship i had with a guy didnt end well and my dad tells me im not like he knows how i feel. after a couple years, my mom told me she'd be more accepting if it was with a girl other than the one i truly wanna be with so i pretty much told her not to bother because i dont want anyone else. and my dad has put my college education on the line because of the whole thing. best advice i can give you is to hang in there and you're most definitely not alone.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:58 pm
Sakura Him3
pftt my mom will never agree with it i am sure with it. i watched movie *the kids are alright* and my mom was grossed . *sigh* i dont know if iwill ever be able to tell her

I never thought someone else would say that -points to sig- but it is so true. just thought i'd tell you how much I love your sig.  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

YaoiBoi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:42 pm
Shilberu Erikku
If only parents didn't just assume their kids would always be straight......*sigh*

Exactly. Well sort of. They shouldn't assume their children will be straight, gay, bi, or asexual as soon as they pop out.

But anyway, back to the poster: For some reason, I feel like parents go through something similar to the stages of death, or as we in the homo field call "stages of gay'' ; your mom seems to be stuck in the denial stage. Be glad she isn't stuck in the anger stage. The only reasonable thing to do is calmly and politely either ignore her comments, or let her know that this is indeed not a "phase" or not that you "haven't met the right guy" but this is who you are. If she can't accept that then she will be missing out on a huge portion of your life once you have moved out on your own.

My own mother went through that anger/grief/denial stuff (I think part of it was due to menopause as well >_> ), and it took a few years for her, well my dad too, to get used to the idea. I think when I went off to college it helped a lot since I wasn't home all the time, they realized that being gay didn't matter to them as much.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:52 pm
I am very fortunate to have a family that is completely fine with my orientation. Though, its still a big pill to swallow it might take awhile for families to fully understand, not neglecting the fact that some will also never understand or even want to understand. But one can hope for a positive future.  

JustahBustah

Banghart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:27 am
I have no clue what my mom will say when I do come out to her. All I know is that she thinks its unnatural and she told me she wouldn't be OK with it if I was bi or lesbian, but she said it was because of the way people could treat me. I have no clue how I'm suppose to take that -__- But I DO know what your talking about. My best friend is like that. She is ALWAYS telling my I'm just confused, I haven't found the right guy, and so forth. She says she prays for me. . .I don't know if I feel loved by that or hurt. . .  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff