Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:28 pm
It's impossible to keep I'm pretty sure but this is the coolest god damn fish on the planet I would like rob a bank to own one of these fish.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
That is the xenomorphdragon of the sea and I friggin love xenomorphs/dragons ): -sob-
edit:
a baby...
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Ooh, very pretty. They look like they have the same body shape as electric eels. Weird.

I can't find any info on them, do you have a scientific name?

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:38 pm
Vanilla eXee

Ooh, very pretty. They look like they have the same body shape as electric eels. Weird.

I can't find any info on them, do you have a scientific name?

http://www.itsnature.org/sea/fish/black-dragonfish/  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:59 am
Isn't that the evil fish in finding nemo? Nothing is impossible lol, what about like a 100G tank lol  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:04 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Isn't that the evil fish in finding nemo? Nothing is impossible lol, what about like a 100G tank lol

Probably need a lot bigger tank than 100g. It would also have to be as tall as possible since they're used to having a lot of pressure. You'd have to keep it in a completely dark room, and somehow you'd have to be able to actually obtain one. Difficult and expensive, yes. Impossible? Naw.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:22 am
Vanilla eXee
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Probably need a lot bigger tank than 100g. It would also have to be as tall as possible since they're used to having a lot of pressure. You'd have to keep it in a completely dark room, and somehow you'd have to be able to actually obtain one. Difficult and expensive, yes. Impossible? Naw.

It apparently lives like two thousand feet down or something. I don't think I could have a 2 thousand foot tall tank.  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:33 am
iDiru
Vanilla eXee
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

It apparently lives like two thousand feet down or something. I don't think I could have a 2 thousand foot tall tank.

What if the water in the tank was kept under pressure? It would have to be a special kind of glass lol, so it won't shatter. But I'm sure you could find a way to pressure you tank. The biggest issue I see is keeping it in the dark. If you can't even see your fish...well it's a lot of money and effort, so it'd be nice if you could find some type of blacklight that the fish will tolerate lol  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:03 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
iDiru
Vanilla eXee
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

What if the water in the tank was kept under pressure? It would have to be a special kind of glass lol, so it won't shatter. But I'm sure you could find a way to pressure you tank. The biggest issue I see is keeping it in the dark. If you can't even see your fish...well it's a lot of money and effort, so it'd be nice if you could find some type of blacklight that the fish will tolerate lol

Well getting one would be hard too since I'm quite sure no one sells them  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:44 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
iDiru
Vanilla eXee
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Well, you could *probably* use one of those low, red lights. That's what they use for the nautilus and flashlight fish at the aquarium. Those are also fish that tend to live deep in the ocean, although I think they float up near the reef surface at night. I'm not sure if/how they pressurize the tanks though.

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games