Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:47 pm
My poor little fishie. sad

She's had a tumor for a while now, and the damned thing just keeps getting bigger. Still, she's been eating, zooming around her tank, acting completely normal... until tonight.

This morning she was swimming around fine and gobbled her breakfast, but when I got home from work she'd gone REALLY downhill. She was having trouble swimming and wouldn't eat her dinner. I did a water change, didn't refill the tank all the way, and turned off the filter so she could get to the surface with no current.

But now she's just lying on the gravel, not moving. Even her gills are barely moving. Honestly if I had clove oil I would euthanize her at this point, but of course its almost midnight.

I cannot believe how fast she's gone downhill. She was her normal spunky self this morning. The only thing I can think of is that the tumor finally either ruptured inside or pushed something into the wrong place.

sad This blows.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:07 am
awe Im sorry sad its amazing how fast they can go downhill,Malina went from being Malina to a skinny rail overnight,I was so surprised,but,you have given her a GREAT life,better than 90% of Bettas get to have!  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:46 am
oh no! ugh, I'm sorry, she's a lucky Betta though.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:23 am
She's gone.

I took her little body out and buried it, but I don't have the heart to take down her tank just yet.

Man, I miss her already.  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:51 am
awe Im sorry savage sad  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:52 am

RIP Miss Banana. She was a beautiful girl, I remember when you posted about getting her. Just think of the awful life you saved her from by being her fish mommy, and how much better it was with you. No matter how hard we work, we can't always defeat nature and these things just happen sometimes. I think you know that better than any of us.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:13 pm
Vanilla eXee

RIP Miss Banana. She was a beautiful girl, I remember when you posted about getting her. Just think of the awful life you saved her from by being her fish mommy, and how much better it was with you. No matter how hard we work, we can't always defeat nature and these things just happen sometimes. I think you know that better than any of us.

Agreed, you saved her from a life of "betta bowl" She was so pretty though, I was jealous.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:20 pm
Oh no, that is really sad. sad She was a beautiful little betta, and an extremely lucky one.

RIP Miss Banana  

Skeksis

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:32 am
Thanks guys. I know she had a good life, she was spoiled absolutely rotten. I just wish she could have been spoiled rotten longer. sad  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games