Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
It's OKAY to be Takei!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sai-chibitalia

Rainbow Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:15 pm
>>Vid.<<

>News about "GAY"<

This basically talks about a Tennessee law that bans teachers from saying the word "Gay" or talking about homosexuality in elementary and middle school.

George Takei {{Tah-kay}}, from Star Trek, is offering up his name as a replacement for the word gay.

IT'S OKAY TO BE TAKEI!  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:11 pm
Yeah I heard about this, My boyfriend lives in TN so I'm there often. That law is insulting, and just a blatant attempt at censoring homosexuality. Think about it this way, If some student girl or boy is questioning their sexuality or just needs someone to talk to and the parents aren't an option, now school is no longer an option either. Such a great law to make, way to make ppl who are already insecure and feel hated feel even more hated and alone :::sarcasm::::. It's a shame, but my hat's off to George Takei ( if I were wearing one) for speaking out and attempting to make light of the situation. You know the ban is stupid, I know it's stupid, we all know it's stupid, It's okay to be Takei for sure. biggrin  

Next_Gen_AnT

Sai-chibitalia

Rainbow Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:15 pm
Next_Gen_AnT

The ban is only for middle and elementary schools, so I don't think it will affect the students that much, but it's still an insult to the gay society.

Why didn't they just ban the word "f**" or "*****"?
At least those would be understandable since, in most cases, they are spoken to insult.

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games