Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Rift

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rift Play?
  Yes
  No
  **Dance Time**
View Results

Kitty_cat_777

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:26 pm
Do you play?
Do you like it?

http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/ascend-a-friend/invite.php?voucher=92D2QG9QRWDF7N9WWZYJ&utm_source=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ascend_invite

Here a link for a 7 day free try!!  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:46 am
You made me come out of lurking to post this D< I hope you're proud of yourself!

... Joking =P

I tried out Rift, it was pretty cool. My main gripe was that everything seemed to be overladen with glowiness/suffused with light, and it made my eyes rebel >_< And also... maybe I just don't really like 3D cause I found the characters a bit... on the ugly side...

Controls-wise it was pretty similar to WoW (but then again, which game isn't =P), but I found the speccing system intriguing. Didn't really delve into it, but it seems you're able to equip combinations of specs? That sounds neat.

And also the developers gushing about zone-wide invasions sounds interesting, although i wonder if it might get annoying?

Tbh it looks promising, but I think I'll put it off till say a year? down the road once they've gotten a solid player base, worked out the bugs, released more content, etc.

Where are you in the game? =)  

~ Milk Mynk ~

Aaditya

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:12 pm
I would love to get into MMOs again, but I'm saving my addiction for Guild Wars 2 (!) or anything else that can be soloable. I can't make such a time commitment to be a dedicated raider, and that means I'll miss out on the sweet stuff in most MMOs.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games