Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
L.A. Noire

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archaic phrases!
  Big mouth
  Knucklehead
  Copacetic
  Buster
  Dame
  Broad
  Sissy
View Results

Aaditya

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:21 pm
This game is the bees' knees. It's a game where you start as a rookie gumshoe who proves he has the gumption to take on the goons who threaten the city of angels. It won't be easy to climb to the top, though, buster. You have to take advantage of the facial animations (which are the tops, by the way) to see which knuckleheads are trying to give you the slip. I like this game because it reminds me so much of L.A. Confidential, and that film noire style is spot on.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:09 am
I met the guy who did the PR for that game, and went to a Rockstar Games "party" while I was in Sydney. I think I might have mentioned it in here a while back and how bizarre the people were there.

Developed by a bunch of Aussies, and Rockstar took a huge risk developing it, they put everything on the line for this game. If this game fails, Rockstar will fold.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:26 pm
I watched my hubbie play through that a bit. He sucks at interrogating xD

I'm greatly intrigued by the realistic layout of the game map. I used to live in the L.A. county area, so I find it absolutely fascinating when I see familiar streets and places featured in the game and go on some kind of squee rampage like, "omgomg I been on that street! This is that street back in the 40s! omg! omg that's the Pantages theater when it was all 40s-- wow... it didn't change very much that's so cool OMG!"  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:53 pm
I'm glad Rockstar took the chance. With Red Dead Redemption, they've proven that they can take the open world scenario and apply it to vastly different settings, but allowing Team Bondi to take the reins on this project was a definite risk. The game is very highly reviewed and I'd be lying if I said this game hasn't hooked me at all.  

Aaditya

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:57 pm
Haven't been doing much other then playing the Gran Turismo 5 Seasonal events and of course Honest Hearts for Fallout: New Vegas. Red Dead Redemption was REALLY awesome and L.A Noire I'll have to pick up in the near future.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:56 am
I've only seen like one commercial for it on TV, but it looks interesting.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:29 pm
Being a huge fan of that era of film and entertainment, I think I would either love or hate that game - but I want to love it so hard. Modern gaming consoles, y u so expensive? ;_;  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:07 pm
I wish this was available on PC to sad  

scrub
Crew

-xDatRed-x

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:17 am
I heard from two people talking about it on the bus it was 3 disc, is that true? :3  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:36 am
My friend mentioned this game. She thought it sounded like Heavy Rain, so she wanted to get it. She used to be really into games, but now she doesn't want to play anything because she thinks it's too hard. That's why she liked Heavy Rain since it was just button pushing, but I don't think L.A. Noire is like that, is it?  

[.oishii`.

Aaditya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:27 pm
No, you gotta deduce whether or not suspects are lying and what evidence to use to prove that they are lying.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games