Backyard wildlife - cats -

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:25 am
I'm now convinced that we have a Bobcat living in the woods behind the house mrgreen
Last fall I found a tree that had been shredded and the height and distance between the claw marks was consistent with a Bobcat, but there were no other signs. Tuesday evening Hubby and I were taking a walk and found a kill. Wounds were consistent with a cat vs the feral dogs/coyotes we have in the area and there was another shredded tree and scat as well 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:49 am
You should set up a camera ninja  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:03 pm
I'd love to, but have you priced motion activated cameras eek They're scary expensive.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:26 pm
Shearaha
I'd love to, but have you priced motion activated cameras eek They're scary expensive.

You could have a NOT motion activated one. And just fast forward throught the footage in the morning. Come to think of it the lighting may be the issue. There's also cameras that take pictures every so many minutes.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:44 am
Not a bad idea. Hubby has been pricing infrared cameras for his ghost hunting ninja If he gets one maybe I can hijack it for a few nights twisted  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:00 am
My husband install security systems and I know they sell relatively cheap Night vision camera's, you might want to check out any local security companies along with the hunting supply stores, sometimes the alarm companies replace a camera and end up with a used but still working one that they'll sell at cost just to get rid of it - thats how we got all the cameras for outside our house =-)  

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces