Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
It's the little things.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skeksis

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:26 am
Had all four wisdom teeth removed today and I feel pretty horrible right now, which I guess is to be expected having three gaping holes in my mouth [the fourth was sutured] and having swallowed and drooled large amounts of blood in turn.
Don't get me wrong, the painkillers are pretty decent. But they can't compare to Rushie, who has stuck by me like glue all afternoon and has been uncharacteristically sooky. Got waaaay more hugs than usual and she was even extra compliant ["Rudhi, cumhb heeerb, guubd dobg" "Leeeb id Rudhi"], which was rather touching as she does like to pretend to be deaf in she thinks she can get away with it.
She is so sweet.

How do your critters react when you are sick/have holes in your head?  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:01 am
When I had my remaining 3 wisdom teeth pulled (got one on the first go with local, had to get general for the other 3) Shearaha would not get off my lap/chest/available body surface for the first 3 day. And Kearith stopped biting me. El Douche even stopped butting his head against my chin/jaw for a few days.

My mother-in-laws dog Jack (in training to be a children's therapy dog) stuck right by me if I left our room and laid down outside the door while I was in the room (it's a no dog zone so the kitty's have some relief) He's gonna be a great therapy dog.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

LittleMissMich

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:36 pm
I've had to go to the hospital twice and nearly had to go a third time for the same painful tumor in my uterus. It prevents me from having human kids, so Lady is my first born. Each time Lady was right next to me even though I was rolling around screaming and crying and puking my guts out. She was calm and collected and not once panicked. She helped me through it; every time the tumor grows, it sends me to the floor writhing in pain. She is now my service dog and helps me every day. The only place she's been barred is college...They don't want animals in the building. Without her my life would have been over a long time ago, but she wants me to live and be happy, and I can't deny my baby that much in her short life.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games