Vice Captain

Durem Cleric

10,600 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:44 am
Copied from my Deviant Art account /lazy:

I don't know, but I guess I have a fascination with creepy stories. This one stemmed from a gaming session of Perfect World International. While I was playing, I really did have the music from Mountain of the Tortoise God follow me to Archosaur, and the NPC ((it actually was Winged Elf Hsi)) really did disappear, although I fixed the music by teleporting and I fixed the disappearing NPC by re-loading the area.

The muffled voice through the door thing happened, too, and scared the holy living daylights out of me while I was writing this, although, in real life, it happened while I was writing Hsi's dialogue.

I put a content warning on it because it does contain a bit of blood and gore... o.o

I have another Perfect World story to share, but I have yet to write it, so, stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was playing Perfect World International, and something happened that I don't think I could easily forget… To start things off, I began playing Perfect World like any other day, and everything was normal. I began near Mountain of the Tortoise God, as that was where I was last working on a quest with my sister. Since she wasn't on, and I couldn't do my quests well without her (yes, I am that pathetic), I decided to go to Archosaur, for whatever reason. As I was flying over, I realized something odd. The sound from Tortoise Mountain (as I like to call it) stayed with me. No music, just sound. Howling wind and calling wolves. I passed it off as merely a bug or glitch, so I kept going.

When I got to Archosaur, I received a message through AIM, and replied. Upon going back to my game, I noticed that I was hovering over someone who had a quest. I wanted to finish the other quests I had first, because I wanted to sort of catch myself up, but I figured that starting this one quest wouldn't be so bad, so I got down to the ground to talk to her. Winged Elf Hsi was her name. I never take the time to read what the quests are about, so I didn't know exactly what was happening, but so far, everything seemed normal.

Eventually, I got to a part where I had to retrieve Lan's Diary from a Werewolf Hunter. No biggy. I flew to where they were and killed a couple, and next thing I knew, it was time to go back to Hsi. When I got back, however, things started getting really weird. The music was still gone, just the wind and the wolves' call, though I still paid little attention to it other than the fact that it was very annoying. What did catch my eye, though, was that Hsi was gone. Her avatar wasn't standing where she was supposed to, and the yellow dot saying she was there on the mini-map was gone, too. I hovered there for a while, but she never showed back up. I searched on the internet to see if this happened to anyone else, but the only thing I could find was that the diary was supposed to be hard to get.

Finally, I opened my quest log and clicked on her name, wondering if maybe I had the wrong part of town; Instead, the game auto-routed me somewhere between Archosaur and Etherblade. As I flew toward the spot the game was taking me, however, I heard something very strange. The calling wolves didn't sound very much like wolves anymore. They sounded more… human. Like humans were yelling in agony, one after another, a different voice than the last. To add to this, I started noticing something red on the ground, following a line pattern. I swooped down further, and saw that the red looked oddly like blood. I have never seen blood on Perfect World, and didn't think I ever would. My mini-map showed that I was nearing my destination, and the blood got thicker, while the human-like screams got louder. I was fully creeped out by now, but I had to find out what was next.

It took me a while to notice that there was a group of monsters, all hunched over, all making strange, unusual idle motions were ahead of me, but when I did, I ended my auto-route, hovering there. I could now make out another noise. Eating. The monsters were eating something. In the back of my mind, I knew what, but I wanted to make sure. As I got closer, they all attacked, but they were pretty low-leveled, so I finished them off. As I did, however, I wanted to just go away, somewhere else, where perhaps none of this weirdness was going on. As I killed the monsters, they made strange, life-like noises. Like I was killing real things. I felt sickened. When I looked at what they were eating, I felt even more sickened.

Lying before me, with hardly any meat or bones intact, was Winged Elf Hsi. She lay in a pool of blood, and her innards were strewn everywhere. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It all looked so… life-like. The howling wind was gone now, and the individual screams became one loud, frightening mass of despair. I was genuinely freaked out by now.

As I was about to log off the game, I saw that I could "talk" to the remains. A part of me didn't want to, but a stronger part urged me to click on her, so I did. I heard a scream louder than the ones I'd been hearing; the scream of a female. The screen flashed, and I saw Hsi, being ripped apart by the monsters, still alive. I couldn't cover my eyes or look away. Finally, the screen went back to game play, and I saw another figure standing there. She looked exactly like Hsi, except that she was a different color. Her whole avatar was slightly blue, and there was an aura surrounding her. The detail I noticed the most, however, was that she was crying tears of blood. She began talking, and this time, I paid attention. Usually, the characters speak with just text, but this time, there was voice acting. When she spoke, I felt like she literally was standing right next to me.

"I just wanted to see my love," she wailed. "I wanted to make sure he was all right."Her voice wasn't normal. It was… otherworldly. I was scared to continue listening, but I couldn't help it. "How can I know whether he died in battle or not? I must know."

The ghost Hsi disappeared after she finished speaking, and everything seemed normal again. Well, as normal as today was, anyway. I realized that Lan's Diary was gone, and the quest was directing me toward Etherblade, but I couldn't continue and, though I didn't trash the quest, I logged off. What happened next scared me even more than what just happened; outside my door I heard a faint voice calling out, "I love you too..!" I bolted up and took off to my room, slammed the door, and shot under the covers. Under my impenetrable shield, I pledged that I would never play that accursed game again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please pot your comments. I really do enjoy reading them... ~|Begs.|~  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:55 am
((I hope I can leave comment here.. sweatdrop ))

That was very good. I really enjoy reading it. It sound like a fun game.

I know another game that you will enjoy. Fallout 3. For the xbox 360 but you can also get it for the PS3. Anyways it a role playing game and the world is huge in it and there so much you can do, be bad or good. In the game there so many mini stories and so many things you could do. it up to you how you play the game. Will I hope you enjoy it and also the perfect world game sound fun.  

Bloody Madness

8,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Supple Succubus
Vice Captain

Durem Cleric

10,600 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Yes, you can post in here. I keep forgetting to say that... stare

Anyway, the Xbox in our house isn't mine, so, if my soon-to-be older brother has it, then I'll check it out. 3nodding

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

The Creative Corner --- Take a gander at the stuff in here! xD

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games