Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ◕ Roleplay: Deity Temples
Fox Temple *Active and ready for play!* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:50 am
Amaris was highly amused by the proud Angelic. She supposed it was foolish to have entered the temple so carelessly, the god it honored might’ve been malevolent. It didn’t seem to be that way, though, so she shook her head with a smile. “It seems to have worked out okay.” Ah, the Goddess of Foxes. That would explain why the temple was quite natural. And the fae Amaris was currently talking to had the blood of that goddess running through her veins. “Consider me honored to make your acquaintance, Miss Miido.” She wasn’t particularly phased by Miido’s anger about the endearment.

Amaris flicked her tail once again, ear twitching with it. “My name is Amaris. I have no claim to honorable heritage, such as you do.” Her words were true, in a way; as a tiefling, she had demonic heritage, but it probably wouldn’t be considered honorable. Amaris turned from the tree, dancing her way through the long hall to the throne crowning the hall. She removed a piece of her jewelry and set it at the base of the throne in offering. The tiefling wasn’t entirely sure if this was proper—she wasn’t a very spiritual fae—but it seemed necessary to show her respect in the temple.

yokoonna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:12 am
Miido watched with narrowed eyes. Was this fae just playing with her, or actually respectful? Miido always doubted other faes, seeing the worst in them, knowing that the spoke about her behind her back. But this fae didn't seem to be that way.

No claim to an honorable heritage. That pleased Miido, feeding into her superiority complex. "What does bring you here?" Miido finally asked, her thoughts racing with her doubts of the other fae's actions. It was rare for anyone who wasn't a fox to visit, unless they were, of course, related to her rather large family. "Miira is out, probably hunting, if you were hoping for an audience." But what would a tiefling have to do with the goddess of faefoxes? Miido started feeling herself engage even more, doubts fading to curiosity.

ziennia_zen

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:17 am
She curtsied to Miido. “I hope this is enough. I don’t really visit temples, so I apologize for my ignorance.” Amaris smiled at the other fae. She looked around the breathtaking temple, listening to Miido as she spoke, shaking her head with the smile still on her face. “I didn’t mean to disturb the temple. I don’t wish to bother the Goddess. I’ve taken to wandering the forests lately, but I ventured far today and ended up here. I suppose my curiosity got the better of me, since this temple is so beautiful.” She meant the words, but thought for a minute, thinking that given Miido’s suspicion of her so far, it might be taken as sucking up. “I do mean that. It’s not the type of place I’m normally in, but the draping plants remind me of the silks I’m used to.”

Her magenta eyes met Miido’s, their gaze very strong. Amaris’ demonic traits became apparent in her beautiful eyes: piercing, cold, and seeming to bore into one’s very soul. The tiefling walked back over to the tree Miido was hanging in, her jewelry tinkling softly. “Miss Miido, do you guard this temple by yourself? That’s quite impressive.” Amaris smiled again, a thinner smile than before. She looked at the fox Angelic, thinking that she had a kind of powerful beauty. It was different from Amaris—who was strong, as was necessary for a dancer—and her elegant and dark charm.

yokoonna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:49 am
Miido didn't puff out her chest, but in her mind she did. "No, but I take the responsibility seriously. My family all guard these halls. Most are aloof. I'm sure we're being watched right now by some of the more shy ones." Miido allowed a small smile on her face. "There's always family around every corner here." She loved being in such a large family. She was sure if the family were small and intimate, Miira would actually be displeased with Miido's birth, disappointed with her son for not taking a mate, but merely spending a passing night with a dark angelic. But Miira had plenty of heirs and spawn that she was just happy to have more.

"Any offering to a temple is appreciated. Some deities will be temperamental, but Miira is one of the more lax deities. As long as no one hunts her kind." Miido raised an eyebrow in a silent question, wondering if Amaris did any hunting, and if she did, what she hunted. "You look like a dancer. Is that what you do for fun?" Miido was once again reminded of a cousin's mate.

ziennia_zen

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:15 pm
Miido might not have actually puffed her chest out, but Amaris could see the way her comment expanded her ego. Amaris was used to interactions like this. In her line of work, she often found herself entertaining guests who had less than pure intentions. She knew she was beautiful and how to seduce another, as well as how to charm other faes with her glib tongue. Amaris had gotten very used to reading faes like a book. However, she didn’t see any point in trying to fake a relationship with Miido. She genuinely liked her; the Dark Angelic’s reactions were amusing, and she seemed to be dependable, even if Miido had some complexes.

“You have quite the large family, then. Should I be reassured or wary that there are unseen members watching?” The tiefling chuckled a little. “I’m grateful to end up in such a gracious Goddess’ temple, then. I’ll have to prepare a better offering next time.” Amaris shook her head. “I haven’t hunted in these woods, much less foxes.” She stood on the tips of her feet, twirling elegantly. “Yes, I dance. Often with aerial silks.” The tiefling added with a little bit of pride. She loved dancing and was very happy with her skill.

yokoonna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:11 pm
Miido shrugged at the first question. “It’s pretty much the norm here. I’ve got a few aunts and uncles and my dad that like hiding and tracking. So long as you keep your toes in line, you’re fine.” Miido’s interest was peaked when Amaris mentioned aerial silks.

“What’s that?” She asked, leaning forward on her branch, her teal hair falling over her shoulder. Miido’s wings fluttered. “Can you fly using cloth made of silk?” Miido loved flying. She could leave her cares behind. Not many faes had wings that could carry them, and it made Miido happy that she was one of the airborne. But Amaris had mentioned dancing with aerial silks. Miido never had an interest in dance before but this could actually be fun.

ziennia_zen

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:58 pm
Amaris nodded with wonder in her eyes. She had no family, none left, anyway. It seemed like a whole different world to live such a life. “I’ll respect you and your family’s temple, Miss Miido, I swear it.” She did a little curtsy, smiling up at the fox angelic in the tree. Her tail swished, slower this time, the tuft of hair at the end picking up some of the leaves on the ground. Amaris thought about Miido’s question. “In a way. Aerial silks hang from the ceiling, and I coil them around myself to dance and spin in the air. I’d love to give you a demonstration, darling, but I don’t have the stage for it.”

Her usual habit slipped out as she was explaining, forgetting to be more respectful to Miido. Amaris coughed and tried to laugh it off, quickly making her demeanor—which lit up at mention of her favorite thing—darken again. “Ahem, yes. I love it. I suppose it’s the closest to flying I’ll get.” She smiled again.

yokoonna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:45 pm
"What stage do you need?" Miido asked quickly, curious. She was sure she could find somewhere in the temple good enough for a demonstration. "I've run into a couple of faes afraid of heights." She shook her head incredulously. "I can't imagine being so stuck to the ground." As if to demonstrate, she let herself fall backwards from the tree branch, spinning as she floated to the ground. She wasn't a dancer in any sense of the word, but Miido was graceful in the air. The wings were a gift from her grandmother, wings not being common for faefoxes, unless they had been blessed with wings through their lineage.

"Everything feels so much more solid on the ground." Miido finished as she landed lighting in front of Amaris, stirring the same leaves. "My brother didn't get the gift of flight, though."

ziennia_zen

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:36 pm
Amaris was very flattered by Miido seeming to offer to prepare a stage for her. “I need aerial silks, a sturdy ceiling to hang them from and the holders. I have no need for the usual safety measures, I’m confident in my ability.” Amaris thought for a minute, then smirked. “I’m sure Miss Miido will catch me should I fall.” The tiefling watched Miido swirl down gracefully, smile widening. “Flight is a marvelous gift indeed.”

It was a shame Miido’s brother didn’t get the honor of sharing the wings. Amaris was slightly envious, the freedom of the air being something she loved, despite being bound to the confines of silks. “It’s a pleasure to see you up close.” She said, taking her appearance in more fully. It wasn’t like the distance created any real hindrance for her eyes, but it was more about the principle.

yokoonna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:49 pm
Miido ran through the temple geography. There was an indoor courtyard with open sides near the back of the temple. They hung woven hammocks there all the time for naps or outdoor sleepovers. They could use the connectors from the hammocks.

But aerial silks? "If I show you some linens could you see if they'd work as silks?" She asked, rubbing her chin. She knew where the linen storage was. They all did. Miira required them to change their own linens. They didn't have the followers they once had before the world hibernated. Maybe if the temple follower number went up, they wouldn't have to change their own linens. Miido was just happy that no one expected her to do the chore because her father chose to bed and go.

ziennia_zen

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:57 pm
Amaris thought for a minute. “Linens would work. True silks are only different in the quality of the fabric, I can dance with anything.” It wasn’t meant to be a boast. She was touched by Miido’s interest in the random tiefling that trespassed in her family’s temple, not to mention her willingness to help. “You don’t need to do all of this. Are you really that interested in seeing me dance?” Amaris chuckled.

Her feet idly traced the cracks in the ground, jewelry tinkling alluringly. Perhaps it was in her nature as a dancer, but Amaris could never stay truly still. She swept her long, shiny hair back, darkly adorned eyes looking at Miido. “Perhaps I can try to teach you. You can’t cheat with your wings, though, it ruins the beauty of dancing on nothing but silk.”

yokoonna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:22 pm
Miido grinned. "Excellent. Follow me!" She took off through the temple halls. She was partly flying, her feet silent when pushing off the ground. Miido made it to their linen closet and threw the door open wide. There were clothes of all materials and all colors. The residents could choose which was most comfortable and which suited their style the most. There were curtains, towels, bedsheets, pillowcases, and tablecloths. "Pick which will work best!" Miido said, enthusiasm think in her voice. She couldn't explain why this made her so excited, but it did, and she was going to satisfy her curiosity.

ziennia_zen

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:54 pm
Amaris was very taken aback by Miido’s uncharacteristic (so far, in her eyes, anyway) enthusiasm. She stood in place, not moving after her immediately, then chuckled a little bit. The tiefling’s tail swished, and she elegantly followed after the angelic. While she didn’t have the benefit of wings, she had a long and elegant gait. Amaris’ strides turned into leaps, gently coming to a stop in front of the linen closet in the temple. To be honest, it was honestly a bit too… normal of a sight for a diety’s temple, and the purple tiefling found herself taken off-guard again.

She looked at the fabrics and clothes, pillowcases and sheets. None of them were really that good for aerial dancing, but she grabbed at some soft, golden linens. “These will do.”

yokoonna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:52 am
Miido beamed. "Fantastic." She started back towards the outdoor courtyard. She was glad that they didn't run into any of her family members. Most of them knew her as the brooding guardian of the temple. It was rare for her interest to be this piqued.

The courtyard wasn't too far away, and when they arrived, two hammocks were set up already. Miido smirked and went to one of them, pulling out the anchor. She let the hammock lie on the ground as she flew up to the ceiling of the courtyard.

"Is this enough height?" She asked, looking back at Amaris.

ziennia_zen

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:13 pm
Amaris’ eyes followed Miido. She nodded. “Yes, the height will work too.” As Miido took the hammocks down, Amaris appreciated the beauty of the area. The hammocks were quite a good idea, and the hooks could be used for things like this, it seemed. The linens were hung up and secured, drawing Amaris’ attention back to Miido and the objective. She was honestly flattered by the angelic’s interest in her craft, something not many other faes showed. “I should dance, then? Any particular things you want to see?”

yokoonna

◕ Roleplay: Deity Temples

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces