Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Media
LGBT Literature More

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:07 pm
Talk about LGBT related literature (debates or thoughts). As well as add more authors/titles to the ongoing list. Feel free to correct me if I have anything wrong on the list.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:00 am
So here is a compilation of some of the books that I own, have read, or want to read.
Gay Marriage by Jonathan Rauch
Two Teenagers in 20 edited by Ann Heron
The Men With The Pink Triangle: The True Life-and-Death Story of Homosexuals in the NAzi Death Camps by Heinz Heger
Homophobia: A History by Byrne Fone
Stonewall by Martin Duberman
Boy Meets Boy by David Leviathan
Vampire Vow by Michael Schiefelbein
Vampire Thrall by Michael Schiefelbein
Vampire Transgression by Michael Schiefelbein
Vampire Maker by Michael Schiefelbein
Why Are Faggots So Afraid of Faggots?:Flaming Challenges to Masculinity, Objectification, and the Desire to Conform by Mattilde Bernstein Sycamore
Elf Child by David M. Pierce  

Jisatsu_no_Tenshi

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Mariiika

Fluffy Bunny

4,825 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Springtime Scavenging 25
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:14 pm
I hope bumping is okay, but I read a lot so I thought I'd offer some stuff!

Gay lit
Rainbow Boys by Alex Sanchez - Pretty much one of the most well-known gay YA novels which revolves around three gay highschoolers (and also some of their friends who are of various sexualities/identities) who each have different feelings about being gay (one who's completely out and proud, one who's kind of in the middle, and one who's extremely closeted). This was probably the first LGBT novel I ever read and I did enjoy it, although it might be a bit dated now (it was published in 2003). It's also part of a trilogy, but I've only read the first one.

What They Always Tell Us by Martin Wilson - Probably one of my favorite YA novels. This one is about two brothers in late highschool who have started to drift apart, the younger one becoming an outcast after an event at a party they went to. It doesn't really focus on homosexuality until closer to the end when the younger brother develops a crush on his older brother's friend, but I like how this book handles it.

Trans stuff
FtM-focused
I am J by Cris Beam - Probably one of the best novels about a young transguy. It's relatively straightforward, though, so I'd recommend it to someone just getting into trans lit.

Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger - One of the other "classic" novels about a young transguy. It reminds me a bit of some of John Green's novels, which could be good or bad depending on your opinion. I personally did enjoy it, although some say the main character's situation was too easy and too many people just accepted him right off the bat (but I mean, some people do have a lot of luck when it comes to that, so it's not entirely unrealistic).

Jumpstart the World by Catherine Ryan Hyde - About a girl who develops a crush on her neighbor, who turns out to be a transguy. I'm not to keen on this book, although it is interesting to see a POV other than transperson's. But the main character in this kind of irked me, for reasons I can't quite put my finger on.

F2M: The Boy Within by Hazel Edwards and Ryan Kennedy - Haven't finished this yet, so I don't have much of an opinion on it, but thought I'd list it here anyway.

MtF-focused
I haven't read any of these yet, but I own them and plan to read them:
Luna by Julie Anne Peters
Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher  
Media

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out