Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
The Supernatural, the weird, and the unexplained...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prince Darialan

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:54 pm
I'm terribly into finding videos and sites based on ghosts, ufos, cryptozoology, and generally the unexplained and supernatural things. I've visted sites like unsolvedmysteries.com and snopes.com/message for stuff. I wondered if there's gotta be more sites out there like this that get updated frequently.

Besides that if you've got something weird to post, feel free. I may find some weird news to post, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:00 pm
How about personal experiences? I've had several instances happen to me that cannot be explained.

In the [rental] house we used to live in, there were spirits living there. While in the basement, several times I saw the apparition of a black cat coming out from underneath the basement steps (was totally closed off and boarded up ninja ) and head upstairs. Another time I was sitting in the living room watching late night TV, with the only light on being the ceiling light over the area behind me. Next to me on the floor, I noticed a shadow heading towards me, growing larger with every step it took, so I turned to see who was there ... to find out that not a sole was in sight! That gave me goosebumps big time! gonk

In the house I live in now, I've had at least 2 instances happen to me late at night when everyone else is sleeping. I've heard an adult female voice call out my name from the next room (no other female adults in the house at the time). I've also felt someone tap on my left shoulder when no one was around at that moment. Both of those happened within the same year that an Aunt and my paternal Grandmother had died in. In both instances, the hair on my arms prickled with goosebumps! gonk

Several times I've also seen what appears to be an orb, kind of like a small circle of light. While sitting here at my computer at night, my peripheral vision has caught an orb of light moving from the upper left of the archway to about half way down the right side of the archway ... exactly to the point where I have a picture taped on the wall. This picture is of a person I befriended online and he had died 6 months later, before we got a chance to meet face to face.

I can tell you that the old man that used to own this house, his wife had collapsed and died in front of the kitchen sink. I'm not sure where the old man died, though I do know he lived here until his death. We bought this house as an "Estate", in short, "As Is". The family cleared out most of his things, but they also left behind many items as well. Some of those items are still in this house, so in a sense there is a connection for their spirits.

Now, my brother's house is occupied with spirits as well. It used to be owned by my paternal grandparents. My grandfather's apparition, along with my eldest uncle's apparition, have been seen together several times in the basement ... in the area that used to house their hunting supplies and where they used to fill their shell casings for deer hunting. Plus, around my grandmother's birthday every year, the activity levels increase ... closed doors open, open doors close, items get moved that no one recalls moving, cold spots, etc. I personally had not experienced these, but my brother, his gf and another one of my uncles have experienced them.

One time while visiting my brother, I was standing in the archway between the kitchen and the nook when I felt a cat brush up against my leg. I looked down to see which cat was greeting me (he owned two others at that time), there was no cat to be found in either room. The story behind this is that when we bought my current house, I was told I could not keep my calico cat, so I gave her to my brother. I had owned her for the first 10 years, and he took her in for the rest of her 17 years of life. Tinker used to rub up against my leg all the time, both when I had her and when my brother had her. The sensation I felt of a cat rubbing up against my leg, I firmly believe it was Tinker's spirit, as this had happened not long after we had to put her down.

And still, as I relate each and every one of my supernatural experiences to you all, the goosebumps rise yet again. So yeah ... I do believe in spirits and spiritual activity.
3nodding  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:47 pm
Well first let me state, I was always a skeptic and Muslims do not believe in like...ghosts. We believe in Jinn.

BUT..my brother in law and his sister run a ghost hunter group here in Georgia and I actually went with them a few times on their investigations. It was CREEPY but we never got anything on our video or audio.

Actually, paranormal investigations are not as action packed as they show on television. 8 hours of sitting with an audio recorder or watching video feedback O.O  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:22 am
Faerie KatrinaZ
How about personal experiences? I've had several instances happen to me that cannot be explained.

In the [rental] house we used to live in, there were spirits living there. While in the basement, several times I saw the apparition of a black cat coming out from underneath the basement steps (was totally closed off and boarded up ninja ) and head upstairs. Another time I was sitting in the living room watching late night TV, with the only light on being the ceiling light over the area behind me. Next to me on the floor, I noticed a shadow heading towards me, growing larger with every step it took, so I turned to see who was there ... to find out that not a sole was in sight! That gave me goosebumps big time! gonk

In the house I live in now, I've had at least 2 instances happen to me late at night when everyone else is sleeping. I've heard an adult female voice call out my name from the next room (no other female adults in the house at the time). I've also felt someone tap on my left shoulder when no one was around at that moment. Both of those happened within the same year that an Aunt and my paternal Grandmother had died in. In both instances, the hair on my arms prickled with goosebumps! gonk

Several times I've also seen what appears to be an orb, kind of like a small circle of light. While sitting here at my computer at night, my peripheral vision has caught an orb of light moving from the upper left of the archway to about half way down the right side of the archway ... exactly to the point where I have a picture taped on the wall. This picture is of a person I befriended online and he had died 6 months later, before we got a chance to meet face to face.

I can tell you that the old man that used to own this house, his wife had collapsed and died in front of the kitchen sink. I'm not sure where the old man died, though I do know he lived here until his death. We bought this house as an "Estate", in short, "As Is". The family cleared out most of his things, but they also left behind many items as well. Some of those items are still in this house, so in a sense there is a connection for their spirits.

Now, my brother's house is occupied with spirits as well. It used to be owned by my paternal grandparents. My grandfather's apparition, along with my eldest uncle's apparition, have been seen together several times in the basement ... in the area that used to house their hunting supplies and where they used to fill their shell casings for deer hunting. Plus, around my grandmother's birthday every year, the activity levels increase ... closed doors open, open doors close, items get moved that no one recalls moving, cold spots, etc. I personally had not experienced these, but my brother, his gf and another one of my uncles have experienced them.

One time while visiting my brother, I was standing in the archway between the kitchen and the nook when I felt a cat brush up against my leg. I looked down to see which cat was greeting me (he owned two others at that time), there was no cat to be found in either room. The story behind this is that when we bought my current house, I was told I could not keep my calico cat, so I gave her to my brother. I had owned her for the first 10 years, and he took her in for the rest of her 17 years of life. Tinker used to rub up against my leg all the time, both when I had her and when my brother had her. The sensation I felt of a cat rubbing up against my leg, I firmly believe it was Tinker's spirit, as this had happened not long after we had to put her down.

And still, as I relate each and every one of my supernatural experiences to you all, the goosebumps rise yet again. So yeah ... I do believe in spirits and spiritual activity.
3nodding

Wow. Some weird stuff there.

I've personally never had any experiences and I'm probably too scared to handle them irl, but just reading about them and hearing them on tv, etc, gets me excited.

Prince Darialan

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:21 am
Ooo.. ghost stories. I have a few, but most of them come from things my mum has told me, which should be taken with a grain of salt since she's not quite right in the head and has apparently been that way for longer than I realized.

This first account happened to me personally when I was a child. I don't remember how old I was. At the time, I was sharing a large room with my siblings because it was the warmest room in the whole house. Needless to say, it would get pretty messy with a bunch of kids in there. The light switch was also unfortunately all the way on the other side of the room due to poor building design, so when you entered the room from the hallway, you had to walk all the way to the other side of the room to turn on the light and hope you don't trip over anything. One time I entered the room while it was dark and saw a figure that looked kind of like a little girl in a long dress just standing there in the middle of the room. I reasoned away that it was probably a chair with sheets or clothes piled on it and thought nothing of it, just continuing on to the light switch. However, after I turned on the light, I found out there was nothing there.

In that house, all my siblings and even my parents had problems with specific rooms of the house. I seemed to be the only one that didn't have a problem with any of them, though there was one room I liked more than others for reasons unknown.... which so happened to be the one room that no one else could stand. When I was really young {as in, probably 4 or 5 or something}, sometimes my mum would catch me sleep walking toward that room. My brother was convinced there was an evil spirit in there.

One time he was put into that room and I had left my stereo in there because there wasn't enough room for it in the room I was moved to. He later asked me if I ever had problems with the stereo randomly turning on and off during the night... which I didn't. I explained to him that I would turn it on at night and had it set to go off on its own after about an hour or two, but he said it would turn off much sooner than that and it didn't explain it randomly coming on. As a skeptic, I figure he could have also been high and/or drunk and didn't realize he turned it on or off himself. My mum also said that he told her he saw glowing red eyes in there, but even she said at the time he could have been high on something.

My mum has said she had many strange experiences with that house... more than I can remember. One instance once again involved glowing red eyes. She said one day she was just sitting in bed and looked over at the small bed my sister had put in her room for my nephew, and underneath it were glowing red eyes that looked like they could have belonged to a wolf, only no body or face could be seen. Just the eyes. Needless to say, my mum didn't have my nephew sleep in his bed that night.

Another one, she was helping my sister give my nephew a bath when they both heard footsteps approach and a man's voice say either "hello" or "who are you?"... I don't remember which at this point. They both turned and saw a man in a nice suit and hat, who then quickly faded away. I was in the kitchen at the time and I remember my mum and sister both looking kind of spooked when they came out of the bathroom. I don't think I ever asked my sister if she saw the same thing. My mum had asked me if I had seen or heard anything since I wasn't that far away, but I didn't.

These next two I heard from my mum and never asked my siblings for confirmation on. After my parents and I moved from that house, my brother and sister ended up moving back there for a while and apparently things were even more creepy with over half the family no longer living there. My sister was woken up one day by her son, but found he was wearing different pajamas than what she put him in bed with and his hair was darker... and there was something about him that just seemed different. She told him to go back to bed and he just stood there for a while before finally leaving. When she later went to check on him, he was back in the pajamas he was wearing when she put him to bed. My mum figured the one that woke my sister was likely a doppelganger.

On another occasion while my brother and sister were living there, my brother woke up one morning and started scratching his head. There was a mirror right across the room from his bed and he noticed that while he was scratching his head, his reflection was scratching his face.

I also throughout my life {mostly since my teen years I think} used to often get the sensation of someone softly blowing in my ear, but it could have also just been a draft. I know I've gotten it at least once since moving to this apartment, but haven't since getting married I don't think. Hasn't happened in years at least. Shortly after getting married, the spouse once had an experience in which they weren't quite sure if they were awake or dreaming, but got the feeling there were two aliens standing just outside our bedroom door, out of sight. The spouse then heard one say to the other, "I know which one I want." Perhaps it was just a dream, but it still gives me the willies thinking about it sometimes.

The spouse also had some interesting experiences with astral projection, but I don't know if they want me giving details about those.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:14 pm
User Image Red eyes? ... Like in The Amityville Horror movie? *shivers as the goosebumps rise* gonk  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:00 pm
It's been so long since I've seen that movie. There's a newer one too that I haven't seen. *makes mental note to mention it to the spouse next time they're browsing netflix*

But yeah, when I first heard about the red eyes, I thought that was pretty creepy... especially being under the bed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:15 pm
When I was little, I couldn't let my arms hang off either side of my bed, fearful of lions and tigers and bears being under my bed! gonk Gee, I wonder where I got that concept from ... User Image  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

purpleravenhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:39 pm
I'm a total skeptic myself, but if you're looking for interesting, potentially-ghost-related stories, there was an incident that occurred to me when I was about 4 years old. I had gotten up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, and when I returned to my room, there was a hazy, bluish image of a gigantic St. Bernard dog. We had no pets at the time. It didn't appear menacing in any way, but I had this overwhelming feeling of fear. It was like sheer terror, and I remember hunching down in the middle of the hallway, whimpering until my mother heard me and came to put me back in bed. The dog was gone.

Personally, I'm sure it was just my 4-year-old imagination, but I did see something else a few nights later. Some sort of demonic-looking creature that went away when I yelled at it. Nothing else after that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 pm
Faerie KatrinaZ

I saw Tinker not too long after she was put down too! I was in the doorway between the dining room and kitchen, and saw a calico cat walk right in front of me. I thought it was Veronica, the cat he was taking care of at the time, but when I looked Veronica was still in the dining room. She was staring into the kitchen, though.

I've also had several experiences at work where I swear somebody was watching me, though everybody else in the store was nowhere near. It's always when I'm there really early in the morning to put sale signs up. Of course, a couple of weeks ago, I freaked out when I saw one of the big signs with a life-size picture of a person on it in the shadows. ><;; The air pressure of a door being opened sometimes causes the gate between the mall and the store to move, and that was what caused me to look up. I jumped about a foot when I saw that sign... But anyway, the store I work at is haunted. We spent about half an hour one morning going around, taking pictures before the lights were turned on. We got several orbs, including one in the men's department that was bright red. It wasn't just the camera's flash, either, as it was behind a rack.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

bandaidd
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:46 pm
Paranormal stuff isn't always creepy. A lot of times it's just stuff we aren't familiar/experienced with.
I've spent about 5 years training in energy work including astral projection and distance healing and have had some interesting experiences. The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know. And honestly, at this point I haven't met any distance healers with better DMILS results than I have, but still I need to work on control, control, control. For anyone interested I am a reiki master, and trained in therapeutic touch, quantum touch, EFT, DMILS, acupressure, psionics, Qi/core/external energy manipulation, chakra healing and mostly mix them all up intuitively.
There is SO much to learn and the funny thing is that I am not even remotely interested in ghosts. I have met my deceased grandmother recently. It was a sweet and tender experience.

Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games