Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
X-Men: First Class

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:57 pm
I was expecting to hate it based on the commercials and previews, but I was pretty surprised by my love for this movie.

I mean, it has some flaws and a ton of inaccuracies, but I liked it more than the other X-Men movies, mostly because of I liked Erik and Charles and the connection to real life events.

Plus, there was MANLY TEARS. EPIC MANLY PAIN.

ONE. SINGLE. MANLY. TEAR.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:04 pm
I was skeptical when I first saw trailers, but the preview from Hangover 2 got me pumped. I was not disappointed. Sweet effects, great interpersonal conflict, and even the cameo had me coming out of the theater without disappointment.  

Aaditya

Superna Zherom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:02 am
I'd like to see it tomorrow but I can't decide between that and watching E3 (mostly for work-related... research... fml).

Then again, somebody'll be recording that s**t while I'm out so what the hell.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:13 am
I want to see it, but I have tons of work.
I hardly have time to fart right now D:

Drunken Echoes

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:47 pm
i want to see it and i'm hoping it'll be good. I'm a big X-men fan, but i haven't liked the movies all that much (1+2 where pretty good). I've heard that it's better then most people where thinking it would be, and i'm hoping that that's true right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:46 pm
Okay... I was really looking forward to X-men: Wolverine, and that was shittastic, so I just have one question.

Is this movie better than Wolverine?

The answer to this question will decide whether I see it in theaters or not .  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

kadesha

Indebted Hero

12,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:55 am
Now I'm thinking of seeing it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:42 am
I might see it, but I'll probably cheap-o out and just wait for the dvd.  

SmithPresea

10,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:38 am
@Juni
I think it was better, and it's gotten better reviews than Wolverine.
It's part action, part Erik's background, and part "bromance" between Erik and Charles. The kids get some screen time also, but it's not really something major.
Though if you hate inaccuracies between movies in a series, I would say you should regard this as a separate movie. They really don't try to keep within the confines of the other films except for some basic stuff. And they pretty much ******** up a lot of comic book background, but when doesn't X-Men movies do that?

@Undead
Well, I can say that it is not near the horribleness of X-Men: The Last Stand.

@Smith
I hear you. I usually don't watch movies in the theater unless people I know want to because of the money.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:20 am
Yeah, I'm a HUGE X-Men fan; hell, I'm an X-Men comic nerd. And I absolutely LOVED the movie. They managed to have so many different things going on at once, but still did it well. And, they had Havoc and Darwin, my two favorites!

I was kind of pissed with (spoilers, ho):
Darwin's death. I mean, what the hell? We got to see him in action for all of two seconds before he gets a mean-spirited, plot-hole ridden death. In the comics, something similar happens, and his body just converts itself into energy.

Nexus Carbuncle

Biohazardous Lollipop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 am
I was stoked to see Havok in a movie, and Nicolas Hoult is a babe but I don't have much interest otherwise. -shrug-

And X-Men is my go-to read, so that's saying something. I'm just kinda over the movies I guess. :/

Might see it later or watch it if we end up with the bootleg, hahaha.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:39 am
I never read the comics, but I always liked the X-men movies. I was pretty hyped when I saw that this one was coming out. I don't follow movie releases much, but maybe I'll get around to seeing it. :/  

[.oishii`.

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:31 pm
Nexus Carbuncle
Yeah, I'm a HUGE X-Men fan; hell, I'm an X-Men comic nerd. And I absolutely LOVED the movie. They managed to have so many different things going on at once, but still did it well. And, they had Havoc and Darwin, my two favorites!

I was kind of pissed with (spoilers, ho):
Darwin's death. I mean, what the hell? We got to see him in action for all of two seconds before he gets a mean-spirited, plot-hole ridden death. In the comics, something similar happens, and his body just converts itself into energy.
I really didn't see the point in his death either? Other than showing the students that Shaw meant business, I didn't think it really made any of the students upset for long nor did it show us how much of an a*****e Shaw was more than we already knew anyway.

@Bio
You should at least see it later for cheap or free. I think this movie has a different feel to it than the other X-Men movies, probably because while there is plot, they also put focus on Charles and Erik's relationship.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:42 pm
I'll end up seeing it eventually probably.

I'm just too bothered by s**t like how they're not portraying the actual first class, the timeline is ******** up, the storylines are ********, and nothing ever matches up. And I really didn't like the design for Beast. xD;;

Marvel never cares to actually follow characters storylines, or backstory.

"Let's just make up new s**t for our characters wee!"
"In this movie Wolverine is a circus clown and Jubilee is a teenage sex slave!"

Or something.  

Biohazardous Lollipop

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:07 pm
Oh. Then yeah. You might not like it. XD I don't think it follows like most of the real backstory, but I don't know enough about it to have been annoyed. And yeah. Blue!Beast looked meh.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games