Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
A long awaited Update!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Animelover955

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:55 pm
Hey guys it's been forever since I've checked in. I've been busy with plenty of things. I've had another surgery which took place back in april, been doing lots of PT, working with the dogs etc. So just thought I'd drop in while on my Vaycay and update on everyone.

So Abby's doing great. I recently found out thanks to a vet receipt that my baby girl isn't 6 like we thought she was. Nope instead she could still technically be 5! So younger than we thought! haha so I still get to say she's 5! We've taken a break from agility due to my knee issues and all, but the break is nice. We're going to be re training her weaves once more as soon as I'm released to run and do activities and I'm really looking forward to the classes we are finally going to be taking this fall. Also we've started her gun dog training. Yup that's right she'll hopefully become a real working retriever if all goes well with training. I've been trying to get in contact with some local breeders who offer training and hopefully we'll hear back and start some real work. So far we've just been working on tracking the scent and holding the bumper and doing some basic retrieves. May move on to some blind retrieves soon. Her obedience is coming along swimmingly as well. We've started work on side which is her cue to come around and take her place at my left side waiting for the heel or whatever command comes next. You have no idea how much I love this girl. She's just special.

And for Bo... well... Bo's just Bo. I've been working on him with plenty of things. The biggest issue we're having is his fear aggression towards other dogs. Thanks to that little brat of a terrier who attacked him when he was a pup he's now fear aggressive towards other dogs and just has no idea how to handle meeting a strange dog. He's gotten better with a lot of training, but as far as the first hand experience as to how bad he really is when we had found that dog a few weeks ago we've got a long way to go. Otherwise he's doing well. His training is coming along and we've finally got both dogs switched to good foods. Abby's been on TOTW since last christmas and Bo was officially switched last month! My dad agreed to save money we should have them on the same brand and we're splitting the cost which helps me out so soooo much! And he's doing great on it. Started supplementing with Fish oil as well and his coat has gotten to be amazing! His paw chewing has stopped and he's just doing tons better in general...

Josie is still spazz kitty. lol she also has found a second home. She's in love with my neighbors daughter and the girl is crazy about her. So as soon as they pull in the drive way she's over there like she owns the place. And the little girl has to come over every time she sees kitty outside to play and pet her. Doesn't matter what she's doing she just stops, drops everything, and comes to say hi. It's just adorable, but her mom is allergic to cats, but she doesn't mind Josie saying hi.

And last but not least as far as future puppy goes.... It's clear to me that now isn't the time for a pup. So I won't be getting my aussie from my breeders fall litter. instead hopefully her next summer/spring breeding if all goes well with Bo. I just don't want to deal with a fear aggressive dog and training a puppy so it's best to work with Bo and get him to the point where yes I'm actually comfortable with bringing another dog into the family. We are also finally moving in July so the space and the house will be perfect for three dogs so hopefully things will work out so that eventually I can get my aussie.

And some pics...

We took both dogs to my sisters soccer game and I thought Bo would be a bit overwhelmed, but he did amazing! Even met a fellow boxer lover with his boxer girl who was purtyful

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:16 am
boo yea an extra year xD I love how your sister (?) has different color nails on her feet than her hands xD theyre all looking good tho smile  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items