Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:03 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

So, I guess my boyfriend's sister found a little kitten meowing in the bushes. She looks about the same age Malcolm was when we adopted him, so about 6-7 weeks old (I know-- we adopted him young, but his mom was hit by a car and the people couldn't take care of the kittens anymore).

But they say they aren't keeping her, they're just fostering her until she gets a little bit bigger. I don't know, personally, I have my doubts that they'll be able to raise a tiny little kitten and then just let her go, but we'll see. lol

In the meanwhile, SCORE! All of the cuteness, none of the responsibility. At least, I hope none of the responsibility anyways. Oh, who am I kidding? One look at that adorable face and I'm not really sure I would mind anyways. As long as I don't have to pay for her (because we REALLY can't afford it; we're doing a lot of juggling and making a lot of sacrifices just to be able to support the cats we have now until we can find jobs), I'm fine.

But it's safe to say that I've gotten my kitten fix. I haven't held a kitten since we adopted Malcolm. She's so sweet and tiny. ;-;

I'm anxious to see how this will fold out. I sure hope that this doesn't lead to us getting in trouble for our cats, because my boyfriend's mom is already convinced that the landlord won't renew her/our lease (even though we talked to him and he doesn't mind as long as they're not tearing up the place, which they aren't). If something about the kitten sets her off, it will almost surely lead to her taking it out on us (that's just who she is), and I've been stressed out enough trying to keep it all together while looking for a job.

But anyways, kitten! I'll post pictures if I get them. 3nodding She's a cute little calico with white paws. Very adorable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Nice! Can't wait to see the pics. We might be adopting a second cat in a few months since we're not gonna get a dog until we have a house.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:42 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Don't tell anyone else; I gave her a name. lol They didn't want to give her a name because they don't want to get attached I guess, but I couldn't help but give her one. I've named her Pumpkin, because she's orange and black, and it's cute.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And below, is Pumpkin playing with Malcolm's favorite toy. We have to hide this whenever we're not playing with it, because the second you turn your back on Malcolm he will immediately try to eat it.

We've been lucky to have a lot of quality time with her. My boyfriend's sister has been out with her friends, and his mom just leaves the kitty out there alone, so we've been giving her lots of attention.

So far, I'm doing a really good job of not getting too attached to her, even though we've been playing and cuddling all day. I'm pretty happy about this, because I always wanted to foster animals some day (when I have my own home and enough spare money for it). I was scared that I wouldn't be able to foster animals without wanting to keep them, but it's been pretty easy for me to think of her as "someone else's" that we're just watching.

Whoever ends up adopting her is going to be really happy. She's very spunky and playful, not shy at all. Though, since she's such an active kitty, she doesn't like being held. She'll purr loudly in your hands, but will yell at you to put her down because she's too busy for that. lol One day she's going to be a very sweet, pretty lady, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:04 pm
That second pic is just too freaking cute. Kudos to you for fostering!! <3  

horseluvrelisha

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:35 am
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

I knew it. .____.

His sister wants to keep it, so now his mom is really pissed off at us. We weren't even doing anything but sitting quietly in our room when she started swearing and screaming through the door about how we had better open the door or else she's going to give us a 3-day eviction notice (she's not the landlord, I don't know if she has that kind of authority).

Man, all I want is a job. I've been looking every single day for 3 months, almost 4 now, replying to every ad I can. In the meanwhile, we've been doing everything we can to make ourselves as little of a burden as possible. We buy our own food/necessities, we clean after all of our messes (and our pets' messes as well), we found a way to get to the bus stop on our own, we pay her for rent and utilities.

If it wasn't for our cats, my boyfriend and I would have ditched our stuff and bought one-way tickets to where my family is. The only reason we're staying here is it's the only way we can keep our cats at this point. We're living in a house of cards and I've been trying so hard to make it out before it all falls down. I'm so scared we're going to have to give them up. sad We both love them so much.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:23 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

I got a new picture. This picture is ALMOST natural. Malcolm (orange cat) and Felix (big black and white cat) were already laying like that (awww), and Pumpkin was laying nearby. I nestled Pumpkin up to Felix and none of them cared. Really adorable. <3

It's really kind of a shame that we can't keep her. She fits in really well with those two. Malcolm plays with her all the time now, but it's hilarious because she tries to tackle him but he's 3x the size she is, hahaha. But like I said, we're already juggling the cats we have, and besides, if she's allowed to stay it would be as his sister's cat.

Things have cooled down a bit since my last post. She's being nice to us now, but that always happens. She'll get drunk and start treating us like we're some kind of dirty criminals plotting to do her and hers harm, and then after a few days she'll cool off. She'll notice that her son is giving her the silent treatment and then treat us both really nice for awhile until she finds something else.

Anyways, I'm hoping that things are looking up soon. We might be able to move in with someone else in a couple of weeks, but even though she said we would, I'm not entirely confident she's being sincere. But besides that, I had a job interview that went really well, but I'm sure I'm not the only candidate it went well for. I'm hoping it's the one, because I am *not* looking forward to starting from square one all over again. :[ I have to keep going, though. It has to happen some time.

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:41 pm
Oh gosh. Okay, calicos are my FAVORITE. My favorite cat in the world, my "friendly feral" friend, Cali is a calico (I know... SUCH an original name. *I* didn't name her. My neighbor did. They more technically "own" her though she was born feral in our shed. They got her licensed and fixed (thank goodness) but were never able to tame her enough to keep her inside. So she owns the neighborhood. Though I have tamed her a LOT and she will often let me pet her and even snuggle with me, as long as I don't HOLD her because she will bite if restrained.)

Your little Pumpkin is ADORABLE. I know how it is, living in a house of cards. I wish I could live somewhere else, have all the animals I want, but right now I have to depend on family. I have to live by their rules and values, not always the same as mine. But I need their help with school and with housing and my pets need our house too. So until I can afford a different situation I need to walk the line. But we do what we have to, right?  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games