Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
"Im not going to heaven because Im gay" Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:20 pm
So, I was discussing the matter or people going to heaven and hell with one of my friends.
He was saying how he's a devoted christian, and all that.
Then he said one thing that amazed me "Im not going to heaven because Im gay"
This confuses me because I dont understand how someone can love something like god, yet accept that they wont get to go to heaven just because of who the partner they choose.

Got any thoughts on this?

TL;DR
People follow and love god, but they accept that he wont let them into heaven for being LGBT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:26 pm
I think as a Christian he needs to study his Bible better- salvation is open to everyone.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:32 pm
Heh, i dont believe in heaven, so I guess it isnt really an issue for meh. rolleyes but i personally feel sorry for the guy. If he truely believes what he told you, how sad and painfull.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:43 pm
Then why does he still believe?  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Gordums

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:18 am
I can understand where he's coming from. He believes in god because he believes that god is the most omnipotent being and etc, and he understands that this god has rules and unfortunately your friend breaks ones of these rules, which does send him to hell. However he still trusts in the omnipotence of this god and etc.

Many people believe in religions in a "You scratch my back, I scratch yours" way where if i believe in you, you will give me salvation.

Your friend should find a different sect of christianity or judaism. Or he could ditch religion all together, which would be the thing I recommend. He doesn't need to subjugate himself to anything; not a human being, and neither a not-even-being. If there is a god, he'll accept your friend for being a good person rather then not sleeping with men

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:34 am
personally, i believe in God and heaven and i believe that as long as you have love in your heart for Jesus and his dad, you're gonna go to heaven.

it doesnt matter what ur S.O. is, i know Jesus will forgive all our sins and let us in  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:01 am
according to the actual bible, the only way to get into heaven is to devoutly follow an ancient and highly strict code of ethics... people just make crap up nowadays like "Jesus will just accept you into heaven cause you think he was a good guy"...

not true... homosexuals are in deed in line for christian damnation regardless of what any minister says. it's in the bible.

Just forget the religion  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:11 pm
If only people didn't believe in anything whatsoever.  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Her Silent Cries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Well..... That's what my dad tells me. He says it's one of the 'unforgivable sins'. The other's being killing yourself and not believing in god, of course.

I, myself, never really cared enough to see if this is true or not, but whatever.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:38 pm
I do know that in the bible it says that Homosexuality is a sin but it also says that if you ask to be forgiven for your sins then you can make it into heaven.  

ZachariaAliankar

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:29 pm
poor guy

i was christian for a while and i started hanging out with this other christian chick, she pointed out every sin i committed and started forcing the bible down my throat until eventually i was all like "******** this!" and to this day people still got the idea that because i'm an atheist i must hate all christians... because that's what she told them... little b***h...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:19 pm
" Gay people are all going to hell, not because their gay, but because of all the pride celebrations. Pride is one of the seven deadly sins." =P A comic once said something like this. I don't remember exactly. Anywayyy...

I hate when people take their religion so seriously and ridiculously. Its insane. None of their religions have been proven to be correct to them and they all just take every little part on faith and at times will even kill for their beliefs. Christians among many other religions have killed in the name of god, even though killing is supposed to be absolutely wrong. *shrugs* There's a point where people should really start using some logic. x.x

People need to stop blindly following whatever they're told. I don't hate Christianity or anything, it has a lot of good values, but you shouldn't believe all the stories word for word in the bible. They should be used more as guidelines to live a morally upright life.

Why would someone just believe in something? I'll never understand it. I believe any religion could be a possibility, but they're probably all wrong. There's no reason to believe something that hasn't been proven as fact. I would gladly believe in something proven as fact. Why wouldn't a god want someone to know they exist? Obviously way more people would be glad to follow their religion.

*sighs* Idk. People are silly. =P  

Marcus Davey

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:11 pm
Marcus Davey
" Gay people are all going to hell, not because their gay, but because of all the pride celebrations. Pride is one of the seven deadly sins."

Love that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:25 pm
I find it ridiculous people say homosexuals and bisexuals go to hell. In fact, someone all Christians (myself included) know and love someone who may have been gay/bi: Jesus! Yes, some scholars think that the Beloved Disciple was Jesus's boyfriend or something. Not saying that's true; other historians think the Beloved Disciple was a relative, like his brother James (yes, Jesus did have siblings).

But still, I'm sure if people were aware of the possiblity of JC's sexuality they would be a lot less homophobic.

Seriously, if Jesus befriended a prostitute (Mary Magdaline), a tax collector (Matthew), a leper, and a genocidal pscycho (Paul) then who is to say he wouldn't befriend a homosexual?

So, yes, I think homosexuals go to heaven, and no, it's not a sin.  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

Viceroy Adrian

Lavish Dark Elf

8,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:12 pm
Hah, this is the exact reason why I left my former religion [Christianity]; if I am something that disproves my previous belief, then that proves to me it is false, no? But really, I do not understand those sorts of people.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff