Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
My poor baby. D: Rant and Rave.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

11 Cardinal 11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:01 am
So my husband and I are... No longer together, I moved back into my mothers about 2 months ago. When I left Lucky was in perfect condition. Now she's much to thin, has fur missng on her tail, sores up her back from itching, an infected-looking wound on her ear and they look fly bitten, her nails are WAY overgrown, and her ears look full of mites.

Well, tonight I brought her to my mothers and we can start the road to recovery! She's already gotten her ear cleaned, a flea bath, and a good meal. She is STILL scratching like CRAZY and looks so uncomfy. Her nails will wear down now that she has concrete to run on. Her old pen was all dirt and 28 feet long and 8-9 wide. Her backyard now is about half an acre, maybe a bit smaller. I'm SO happy to have her! She's like my child.

How long wil nails take to file down? What to do about ear mites? Anyway to sooth her skin and how often can you flea bathe.. It was just a standard shampoo.

User Image

User Image

This is the first time in her life she's ever been on a bed! Hurray~! Look how happy she looks to be infesting my blankets with fur, dirt, and fleas!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:28 am
awe poor dear!!! she looks so happy to be back with you smile Im glad you have her,I know how much you love her,as for ear mites,I got this in an email years ago,I dont know if it works,but it might.

Quote:

Eliminate ear mites. All it takes is a few drops of Wesson Corn Oil in your cat's ear... massage it in, then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for 3 days. The oil soothes the cat's skin, smothers the mites, and accelerates healing.

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:23 am

-hugs- Sounds like you made the right choice. Can you get her an oatmeal shampoo? That should help with the itchies and sore skin after you get rid of the fleas. There's medicine for ear mites, you might be able to get it OTC at the vet's, I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:00 pm
Thanks guys! :Hugs back.: She's not used to the huge yard yet, but seems to be loving it. She still seems to be a flea bag and I'm going to be getting a fine toothed comb after her shortly.She is not itching nearly as much as she was so I know she has had some relief from the fleas, thank god. Hurray for Alabama summers! ><

Now I have a new problem... She potties on concrete, not in the yard. o.o; I have no idea how to break this.. and her stomach is upset for some reason. >< Grr  

11 Cardinal 11

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:14 pm
11 Cardinal 11
Thanks guys! :Hugs back.: She's not used to the huge yard yet, but seems to be loving it. She still seems to be a flea bag and I'm going to be getting a fine toothed comb after her shortly.She is not itching nearly as much as she was so I know she has had some relief from the fleas, thank god. Hurray for Alabama summers! ><

Now I have a new problem... She potties on concrete, not in the yard. o.o; I have no idea how to break this.. and her stomach is upset for some reason. >< Grr

Hmm. Try sitting with her in the yard, like you would do if you were training her not to go in the house? Have you changed her food? That can cause upset stomach, if it continues she's gonna need to see a vet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:30 pm
Her food has been bouncing around a bit what-with pay checks and what-not. She was on Candiae, went to Evo with wet Pedigree.. Evo with Alpo.. now Evo with Canidae wet because her fur went back dull from its previous lusterous state the dry Canidae had it in. Now tomorrow we're switching BACK to dry canidae and wet canidae and staying there. I know the bouncing has something to do with it.. and as horrible as it is over at my husbands she would OFTEN skip days being fed, then over loaded with human food scrapes, then fed a large meal.. Her feeding was ALL over the place. e.e She was having normal solid poops a day or so before she came over. Also its not like she is having explosive upset stomach every five minutes.. Its small stools every couple of hours or so. I'm hoping that by having her back on her feeding schedule without her food jumping around constantly will do her a world of good.

Her coat is already looking better from switching off of alpo wet food to canidae a week or so ago, a bath didn't hurt either.  

11 Cardinal 11

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:27 pm
you could try putting her potty onto the grass? thats all I can think of >.< if shes still not spayed make sure no males can get to her,cause its a different place I mean,you know,so you never know smile (idk her heat times,but getting prego now or soon would be sooo bad for her)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:30 pm
I'm glad you got her back. She sounds to be doing better already. Keep up the good work. biggrin I'm sure getting her back onto a feeding schedule with the great quality food will do her lots of good! Keep us updated! biggrin  

CrissAngelLover12345

11 Cardinal 11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:08 pm
The yard here is SO much more secure than over at my husbands. Over there its literally jump-able and I've seen a chow do it. :l
Over here the fence is a good 5ft high and theres no holes or rickity-ness.

Her stools are already firming up a bit, I'll see what they're like tomorrow.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games