Submit

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:30 am

So, what's the best way you've found to promote your gallery on dA and get exposure for both your art and your name as an artist?

I've seen people link their dA in their sigs here and on other sights. I've seen people promote them in their profile of social networking sights. Some people aren't as aggressive as that and instead just overload their deviations with commonly searched keywords to raise the likelihood of their art being seen.

So, what do you do?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:15 am
I have link in my profiles in an website......that's it...
<--doesnt promote much  

emeraldocean_von_siraine

Codebreaking Flatterer

7,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:33 am

I try to get my art featured in allot of groups on dA and I overload my deviations with as many keywords as I can possibly shove on them that are even slightly relevant. I also have an art shop here on Gaia where I link my dA gallery.

I like to think that I'm an aggressive self-promoter, but really I do very little to get attention and it shows.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:58 pm
Because I'm more active on deviantArt, most of my promotion occurs through deviantArt. I run two groups (HybridAnthro and DMFAclub) and am an admin in a third (Male-Anthros). Yeah, they're all anthro-related rolleyes I'm also in a lot of other Groups, mostly anthro and Pokemon, as well as a few fantasy/mythology and a lot of fanart groups. I'm also in a couple fetish groups, but I'm getting a little sick of them because there's very little classy fetish art - most of it is outright smut. There's also a few lineart/coloring groups, a zombie group, character creation or worldbuilding, and a few Gaia groups.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Sounds like you're all over the place. On average, how many views do your deviations get per day?(Obviously, newer deviations would get more hits.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 pm
According to my stats, my deviations are viewwwed... 33 times a day

It really depends on the content, keywords, and which groups I submit them to. Color scheme matters too, as I uploaded two variants of the same image, linked them to each other, submitted both to the same groups, and yet one got twice the attention as the other.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

NON-DA RELATED

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces