Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
When pets destroy your stuff! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:32 am
Check out my window blinds - Lya kills them while I'm not home. They're basically dead at this point, gotta go buy new ones. xp

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We love our furry companions/friends, of course... but IME it's impossible to keep them from breaking things sometimes. xd Who all here has destructo-pets?? Share pictures/stories here! Make me feel better about my blinds! lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:13 am
Isabelle chewed up a cable cord in the spare bedroom.
Zeppelin keeps finding paper to eat and got ahold of a plastic star thing last night.
;D

Sarahmooo

Laurylina

Chatty Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:51 pm
My doggy dug up all the irrigation pipes in the backyard.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:43 pm
LMAO, why buy new ones she will kill those too :p

Rascal has you beat. I have those blinds, plus the long curtains, he likes to wrap the curtain around himself. So he paws at the curtain and screams at me to open it so he can see out the window. Scratch marks ALL UP IN THERE.

When Cowboy was a pup, he wasn't into chewing shoes, nope nope nope. He had a thing for WALLS! He liked (still does) wood, so the corner of the wall, the handmade wood bench. Yaaa, destroooyyyeedd. I love how Im like, here's a puppy proof room...come back, piece of wall is missing eek
Now he just chews the branches outside. He hasn't chipped a tooth or swallowed anything yet, so, I just let him. Good for the teeth lol, good source of fiber xd  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:09 pm
When Bandit was a puppy, he chewed through my dad's laptop power cord. He kept chewing on my dad's acorn collection. He had tried to chew through the vacuum cleaner cord while it was still plugged in, followed shortly by him barking at it. He never chewed on another cord after that one. He still destroys plastic bottles (I think he loves all the noise they make). When he gets into any of his goofy moods, he'll try to chew on everything he's not allowed to, and then bark at you if you tell him no. I have recently started to turn this energy to giving him boxes to shred, and he has a blast doing so! biggrin

Charcoal has made the back of my computer chair look like a pin cushion. She also has scratched a bit of a hole in my wall (I put a product called "sticky paws" on that spot and stopped her scratching that spot (she never scratched any other spot in my wall that I know of). she was funny when she first noticed it too, she cowered, cautiously approached it, and smacked it several times before losing interest in it. XD) She has knocked many things over and broken them. >.< If anyone leaves any rolls of toilet paper or paper towels where she can get them, she'll have the whole roll shredded. Back when she was kept in the bathroom, she shredded the shower curtains. She has my window curtains somewhat shredded.

Country had pushed a screen mostly out the window (he had bent it pretty badly too) and was working on climbing out the window (he was half way out when we noticed) once when the whole family was out doing yard work. Now if we have any windows open, we have the top part of the window open, not the bottom. He also had destroyed a curtain jumping up on the window when I was out playing fetch with Bandit once. We also had to get a stronger screen designed to withstand pets for our sliding door because Country kept destroying the screens. Country had destroyed a pair of wooden shoes I had gotten as a kid when I went to Michigan to visit an Aunt. He has also destroyed several stuffed animals while downstairs (he seems to think that the rules that apply upstairs do not apply downstairs).

I'm sure there is a lot more that I'm not thinking of at the moment. If I think of anything else, I'll post it. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:01 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

LOL true story. I'm hoping maybe I can get some cheap wooden ones... it's really weird having holes in my blinds since I'm on the ground floor of my apartment complex, people can see in /hiss

LOL @ assuming the room is puppy proof and he chews the WALL. Awesome. xd

Haaahahaha these stories are great, I definitely AM feeling a bit better about my blinds, lolol. CrissAngel, I am forever trying to get my kitties to stop clawing the carpet, I know how it is re: the back of your chair. xd  

horseluvrelisha

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:33 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Your cat has beautiful blue eyes! :O

When I was a little kid my parents adopted a puppy that chewed anything and everything-- including my face while I was sleeping. I was really young so I got very scared and stood on top of the toilet screaming and crying while she thought this was a game and tried to n** at my feet. Other things include: my mom's hearing aid, library books, the carpet and wall, furniture, my backpack, and wires. She only chewed when we were sleeping, and never while we were gone. We didn't have her for very long. sad

Much to my dismay, my cat Malcolm loves to eat any kind of string, and anything that looks like a string. I used to toss my raincoat on the chair next to the door until one day I saw that he had crawled inside of it and was gnawing away on an elastic string that's attached to the midsection of it. When he was a kitten, he chewed the thin wire for our Wii sensor bar. Thankfully, he doesn't seem to pay attention to wires anymore, but I still have to be careful about everything he could eat.

Oh, and my rats shredded sections of my pajama pants. sad Their cage is currently on our bedroom floor, and when he was sorting the dirty laundry he tossed the pants in their direction. He didn't notice that it was close enough for them to grab and pull inside of their cage, and by the time I realized what happened it was too late to save them. ;_;

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:08 pm
wow I feel lucky. My dogs will destroy cardboard boxes if their bored, or sparky might rip his toy apart and send stuffing everywhere, and that's it. I let him have stuffing toys too, because he never swallows it, and I can't forbid him from the fun he has ripping the toys 'guts' out.

Though my cat's bound to ruin something anytime now...  

DeeSpark

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:27 pm
My bunny Sammy is quite the chewer. his most expensive chew was the ex's $200 optical cable (good bunny, lol) and he has gotten my unplugged laptop cord twice when i left it laying, and the cord to the wii sensor bar.

other chews, the legs on the chair and sofa, the rubber seam on the patio door, the curtains, the wood baseboards, the wood on the entertainment system, the boxes for vcr tapes, any paper in his reach, and a few cloths have holes in them from when he decides to walk up and bite us. (which thankfully is a thing of the past)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:28 pm
DeeSpark
wow I feel lucky. My dogs will destroy cardboard boxes if their bored, or sparky might rip his toy apart and send stuffing everywhere, and that's it. I let him have stuffing toys too, because he never swallows it, and I can't forbid him from the fun he has ripping the toys 'guts' out.

Though my cat's bound to ruin something anytime now...
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

My border collie did that. She would play with it for awhile, and then one day it would be dead on the floor in a pile of stuffing. Though, there's a couple of toys that she has kept in tact for a long time.

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:06 am
horseluvrelisha
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

LOL true story. I'm hoping maybe I can get some cheap wooden ones... it's really weird having holes in my blinds since I'm on the ground floor of my apartment complex, people can see in /hiss

LOL @ assuming the room is puppy proof and he chews the WALL. Awesome. xd

Haaahahaha these stories are great, I definitely AM feeling a bit better about my blinds, lolol. CrissAngel, I am forever trying to get my kitties to stop clawing the carpet, I know how it is re: the back of your chair. xd

Charcoal also claws the carpet, though she hasn't done it so much since I got her the cat tree. biggrin

Bandit has put tooth marks in one of my binders, apparently trying to chew on it (I randomly remembered this one lol)... >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:40 am
I got two cats, and my window blinds are also at their dead ends.

Just like some spots on the walls (living room, hallway and bedroom, they have scratched the wallpaper off) Thank god the wall paper was already there when we moved in.

They managed to 'push' my boyfriends beloved and very expensive speakers over. They are still working, but one of them has a huge crack in the wood on the side of the speaker. He still wants to get that fixed, and you have no idea how mad he was at the cats.

Our bed has fabric at the outside, like the footboard and the head board. Instead of using their nails on the scratching poles they do that on our bed.

We've tried everything, but they just continue. :B

Except when my boyfriend's around, then they listen. stare  

pompoennetje

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:56 pm
@Celestial - Thank you (about her eyes)! heart

@Levina - Oh geez, re: the $200 cable, my cats have never chewed up any expensive electronics, but they have peed on them before. I spent a week at a friend's house and when I got back my bag smelled like her animals, which they disliked, so basically the instant I got home (I went and got in the shower or something, came back like half an hour later) they peed all over the bag/everything in it. They ruined the bag itself, my camera charger (thankfully the actual camera was in my purse), and some other things I don't even remember. When it happened I just started crying LOL, I didn't really know what else I could do at that point.

Dianda, kitties + blinds = death, I suppose sad also, you have the cutest sig EVER. OMG.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 am
horseluvrelisha

Dianda, kitties + blinds = death, I suppose sad also, you have the cutest sig EVER. OMG.

They just bite in it. D: I dunno.

&& Thank you. 4laugh  

pompoennetje

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:17 pm
Yw. heart I'm impressed you got a cat to hold still with a sign long enough to take a picture?! lol!  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff