Submit

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:20 pm
I know this is a stupid question but what do you measure on a dog for a harness. I wanted to order one off the net that I really like *the money helps animal shelters* and I want to know what to measure on Taison and Simba to get them one. =) so please help me here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:09 pm
Doesn't the website give you measurements? Like length, chest etc? Because even if you measure you don't know the size of the harness itself  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:20 pm
It does but I dont know how to take measurements on my dog. Taison is a mutt and they go by breeds on there with the measurements.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:42 pm
You'll want to measure around the base of the neck (just before the shoulders) and the dog's girth (just behind the forelegs). 3nodding Got a tailor's tape measure?

If your dogs are broad-chested like bully breeds, then take that measurement, too. Here is the article I found.  

Eizoryu

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:43 pm
Here's a nice website that would likely help:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5170334_measure-dog-harness.html

I had that issue with picking out a haltie brand head harness for Bandit since they went by breed, not muzzle size and Bandit is a "mutt". Size 2 was too small, but size 3 was too big... I wish they would use measurements, not breeds to help determine which size to use for any kind of harness or product, as not everyone has pure breed dogs... I went with Gentle Leader since the part that goes around the muzzle was size adjustable. biggrin  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games