Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Goodbye Coca Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:36 am
I know this belongs in Rainbow Bridge, but since she was sorta one of the representatives of the Rodents population in The Guild, I felt that it might be appropriate in the front for a while.

Coca, my oldest guinea pig (about 10 years old) has passed away. I discovered her body about 10 minutes ago. It looks like she either had a heart attack or seizure, as her eyes are open and her legs are sticking through the divider. I'm in shock. For about 10 years, that little muffin butt was my constant companion, my little honey, who loved to snuggle. I learned a lot through her, and she will never be anywhere but my heart. One of her favorite tricks was to jump from my knee to my chest when my legs were up. Shed always cuddle into my hair and purr.

I don't know what to do with Lila. She'll probably realize Coca's death soon enough, and she kinda lead me over to the body. She has NEVER been alone before. When we first got her she had her littermate, Lucie, and when Lucie died she had Coca, then when Moo came into the picture and then left, she still had Coca. I really don't know what to do. I can't get another companion for Lila and I want her to be the happiest she can be. Help?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:41 pm
Aww, Sorry to hear that. crying *hugs*  

CrissAngelLover12345

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:07 pm

Oh Azu! I'm so sorry! Coca will be missed very much. 10 years is a long time though, she had a really long life. Can you think about adopting an older pig that's around Lila's age, or maybe a little bit older? Other than that, just do your best to be around her when you're at your mom's, and play her videos of GPs on youtube so she can hear them talking.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:14 pm
awe Im sorry Azu sad  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:04 pm
We're gonna make Lila a cage in the living room, a sort of x-pen deal since she can't handle the big cage. I picked her up a few minutes ago and she looked so confused and scared, my poor girl. I put her in the main part, and she sat and stared at the spot where Coca was for a few minutes before running back under the ramp.

We have a Machioro cage that we're gonna put her in, since it's pretty large, and then we're gonna put some sort of pen around her to keep the dog away and give her enough room to run around if she wants. It'll be a great time -unenthusiastic woo-

Someone on CL was selling a double unit FN with accesories for $150. I. Wanted. That. Thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:28 am

That'll be good, then she can be the center of attention. Poor girl.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:43 am
I was cuddling her this morning and she just looked so lost, like she didn't know how to function without her big momma around.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:47 pm
Azusanga
I was cuddling her this morning and she just looked so lost, like she didn't know how to function without her big momma around.

Give her a big cuddle for me.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:37 pm
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga

Oh for sure. We're thinking of selling the cage, if you want to buy it that'd be great. I know you don't have pigs or anything right now, but I'm going to build/buy different cages since I probably won't have pigs again until I move out. Plus it's C&C so it's easy to store.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:44 pm
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga

Oh for sure. We're thinking of selling the cage, if you want to buy it that'd be great. I know you don't have pigs or anything right now, but I'm going to build/buy different cages since I probably won't have pigs again until I move out. Plus it's C&C so it's easy to store.

I wish I had the money for that type of thing right now, I would.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:49 pm
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga

I wish I had the money for that type of thing right now, I would.

Saaaad. It's up on Craigslist sad Here it is
It's so sad, you know? Like, that cage has held so much... and now it's going to go. It's had all 3 lives pass through it, but the 4th won't.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 pm
Okay, so the cage has been sold

The cutest damn thing ever today. We have a stuffed animal in Pumpkin's cage, right? Today she went and layed down next to it, looked at it, got up, and stretched out on top of it so her little feet were poking over the edge of it <3

I've pretty much renamed Lila to Pumpkin, since my brother finally gave me full ownership of her and I never liked the name Lila.  

Azusanga

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 pm
Azusanga

The cutest damn thing ever today. We have a stuffed animal in Pumpkin's cage, right? Today she went and layed down next to it, looked at it, got up, and stretched out on top of it so her little feet were poking over the edge of it <3

I've pretty much renamed Lila to Pumpkin, since my brother finally gave me full ownership of her and I never liked the name Lila.

=O I didn't know you had a brother, I thought you had a sister. 0.o anyway, that's a really cute name, I almost named Cinnamon pumpkin but I thought it was too girly. Not that cinnamon isn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:33 am
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga

=O I didn't know you had a brother, I thought you had a sister. 0.o anyway, that's a really cute name, I almost named Cinnamon pumpkin but I thought it was too girly. Not that cinnamon isn't.

Brother and a sister. Lucie was my sisters before I claimed ownership. And Pumpkin was clearly my brothers, as mentioned. Cinnamon is manly, whatre you talkin' bout? My mom suggested Nutmeg as a name too  

Azusanga

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 pm
I am so so sorry. I know how you feel. Every night Lilo and Nani bark for their ********* I break down and bawl again. I know how hard losing him is for ME... and I have the human ability to reason about it, and, honestly, my religious beliefs to comfort me. I wish terribly I could truly comfort them. Explain that barking will not bring him back. But I think animals understand on some level, really. They just... well, the girls DIDN'T see ********* die. They saw him leave for the vet. I don't know what they think. I don't know if they sensed he was sick.

Be there for Lila/Pumpkin, that is important. You might look into adopting an older rescue piggie, but I understand you might not want to take that on. It's hard when our pets get older, planning things nearer the end. crying  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff