Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Introducing Link, the King Betta!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:52 pm
Apparently, asking the simple question of "These Panda Corries dont have a tag. How much are they?" is waaaay to complicated for Pet Supermarket to figure out.

That simple little question sparked a 30 mintue long quest that included, but was not limited to, fishing out and netting a Corry and bringing it all the way to the front of the store, all the way back to the back of the store, me being told that they werent supposed to have them, and that they would just give them to me for $3.99 each (which I wasnt about to pay $4 each for fish that had to be kept in a school of 6), and then putting the poor thing in a completely different tank all alone. Just for me to say (for the third time, I might add) that I wasnt going to buy them yet, I was just price shopping.

Needless to say, I had ALOT of time to kill, and started looking closer in each of the tank. Turns out, 4 or 5 of the tanks had something in them I had never seen out side of PetCo cups. Kings Bettas! I fell in love with one that was in a tank full of about 30 Mollies and 5 or so 5 inch plecos, one of them dead, that he was munching on, so he's a bit on the fat side ATM lol They were marked as $8.99, but I honestly think they really wanted me out of their store, and they put $6.99 on the bag. SCORE! (they are $30 at PetCo here, BTW).

He's a great, deep red color, with lighter, richer, blood red fins. But what really caught my eye was the length of his fins! For a King, they are really long! And they are almost perfect. Theres really no describing him... So pretty...

But boy is he nuts! I was eating brakfast the morning after I brought him home (his tank, the 3 gallon Kritter Keeper, was on the kitchen table untill I can play Tank Swap), and the lid of the tank was cracked, just under an inch, from when I fed him. He leaps out of the tank, and makes it 3 feet away from the table and hits the tile with this really gross slappy sound. I honestly thought he was dead. I gave him a little poke and he didnt mave at all o.o So I scooped him up (not sure what I would have done with him), and he actually tried to wiggle up into my hand, like "Save me!!". So I real quick put him back in the tank. He looked ok, dazed, but other wise fine. We left an hour after that, on a 10 hour trip, for four days, so I couldnt watch him to be sure... I left the recipt (and a note to make sure the lid was absolutly closed) for my sister, incase he ended up not makeing it (it was a long fall, just to hit tile D= ), but I got home and he was fine, thankfully.

And heres pics:

Still in the bag. Kinda gives you an idea about his fins, but with no other King to compare them to, its kinda hard lol

User Image

"Hey, you. Let me out!"

User Image

His tank, for now. Ayame, my fisrt ever Plakat, and first eve Betta to be in a permanent community tank, just died, so he will taking Ayame's place in the 30 gallon.

User Image

"Shhhh! I'm hiding!"

User Image

And the best one out of the lot! Really gives you a good idea about his colors heart

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:22 am

Beautiful. Makes me want a betta, but my red eyed tetras would tear him apart.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:25 pm
Ooh, He's beautiful! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:43 pm
Thanks! He sure is a handful LOL

I hope he'll be ok in the 30 gallon. I have Endlers in there, and even full grown, they are less then 1/4 his size, and could very well be a nice snack for him. We'll see though. I think I'm gunna put him in the breeders net for a few days untill I can get some more Cherry Barbs, then add him after they get settled in (the Cherries arent much bigger then the Endlers LOL). Wish me luck!  

Akari_32

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:18 pm
I had a King Betta that a local pet store was selling as a "former show betta." As I have yet to hear of a BETTA SHOW here in UTAH, I am dubious but I still bought him as he was beautiful. Dark, dark black. I have yet to find his equal and I have been looking ever since. Because, see, my feral cat friend, Cali, who comes into the house now, yeah, she ate him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:07 pm
I have a few internet friends that breed for shows. Great looking fish they produce! MartinisMommy (On AquaBid.com, FishLore.com and I'm sure many others) has a line of BIS winners, mostly HM's.

In the link are fish that she has sold (and bred). You have to click on the blue links to the right of the chart to see the fish =3

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/vfb.cgi?&&vfb&Martinismommy  

Akari_32

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:48 am
WOW, really reminds me of the imbellis from the pics I saw when I was researching it  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:59 am
so pretty. because of my little patch i have a thing for the red ones now lol  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Akari_32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:23 am
Shanna66
so pretty. because of my little patch i have a thing for the red ones now lol