Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Today I prettied Flame up... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:45 pm
He was NOT happy about his bath hahaha, but was very cooperative for me while I fixed his face up / applied his horsey makeup afterward, and the EXTREME EFFORT that goes into grooming was IMO totally worth it to get this picture today!! I'm so proud of it! smile

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:23 am
that is fantastic! hes so pretty!! (though I prefer the fuzzies on their muzzle myself haha) is he a gelding or a colt? and if a colt are you keeping him a stally (considering his breeding I mean) or gelding him? (just wondering cause I know stallys can be very naughty,but hes got good breeding and hes a beauty)  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:46 am
Thank you!! <3 Haha, I like their noses and eyes cleaned up, but a lot of people prefer them 'natural' - big debate in the Arab world, which I think is kind of dumb... to each her own, that's how I look at it!! =P

He is a colt, so far he hasn't been studdy/bad, just some normal naughty foal behavior and spookiness due to lack of general exposure to the world, especially since he hadn't had much handling when I got him. If he ever gets nasty, off they go, but because of his quality/breeding I want him to have a go at the show ring and see how well he does first. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 pm
horseluvrelisha
Thank you!! <3 Haha, I like their noses and eyes cleaned up, but a lot of people prefer them 'natural' - big debate in the Arab world, which I think is kind of dumb... to each her own, that's how I look at it!! =P

He is a colt, so far he hasn't been studdy/bad, just some normal naughty foal behavior and spookiness due to lack of general exposure to the world, especially since he hadn't had much handling when I got him. If he ever gets nasty, off they go, but because of his quality/breeding I want him to have a go at the show ring and see how well he does first. smile
that sounds like a good way to go,not all studs get naughty,but many do,with his breeding and things he could do decently in a show ring,it would be a pity for you to invest sooo much to have to geld him,especially with how beautiful he is,and I agree about to each their own,my horse is a "quarab" and hes all natural,but,I dont show him or anything,and I like to play with his whiskers xD  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:59 pm
Part of it is just the individual horse, some of them are just prone to go the aggressive route and need to be gelded... but I have had the privilege of handling some EXTREMELY nice stallions who were absolute perfect gentlemen, you would NEVER have known they were intact from their behavior. I'm hoping Flame goes that route. wink He's a good boy most of the time, just went and messed with him a little while ago today and he was so calm and so sweet, he just makes me melt. <3  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:21 pm
horseluvrelisha
Part of it is just the individual horse, some of them are just prone to go the aggressive route and need to be gelded... but I have had the privilege of handling some EXTREMELY nice stallions who were absolute perfect gentlemen, you would NEVER have known they were intact from their behavior. I'm hoping Flame goes that route. wink He's a good boy most of the time, just went and messed with him a little while ago today and he was so calm and so sweet, he just makes me melt. <3
yea,I have known a few who were well behaved xD most of the mean ones are bred only for conformation,they really should work on conformation AND personality Dx  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:41 pm
True true! I've been in love with these particular bloodlines since I was a little girl, I researched and asked people who own horses out of this bloodline how their tempers are - including my colt's older full brother's owner - and everyone had nothing but good things to say, which was one of the things that finally pushed me into buying Flame, since I bought him sight unseen. smile Had to trust the genetics!! hehe.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:05 pm
What a gorgeous horse. I am not a horse person, really, but he is beautiful!  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:58 pm
What an awesome horse!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:05 am
horseluvrelisha
True true! I've been in love with these particular bloodlines since I was a little girl, I researched and asked people who own horses out of this bloodline how their tempers are - including my colt's older full brother's owner - and everyone had nothing but good things to say, which was one of the things that finally pushed me into buying Flame, since I bought him sight unseen. smile Had to trust the genetics!! hehe.
xp THAT is a gutsy move haha  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:45 am
Thank you, Eileen!! heart And Kipluck!! biggrin biggrin

Cowgirl - Yep! He was a weanling, and his breeders live in California, I live in North Carolina, going to see him first wasn't really an option, but his breeders are a very big/well-known/reputable farm so I had a prepurchase exam done and paid to have him shipped to me. He'd never been off the farm and the trip took a week, he was furious with life when he got here, hahaha.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:22 pm
horseluvrelisha
Thank you, Eileen!! heart And Kipluck!! biggrin biggrin

Cowgirl - Yep! He was a weanling, and his breeders live in California, I live in North Carolina, going to see him first wasn't really an option, but his breeders are a very big/well-known/reputable farm so I had a prepurchase exam done and paid to have him shipped to me. He'd never been off the farm and the trip took a week, he was furious with life when he got here, hahaha.
rofl rofl sounds like my brothers horse,but,he never grew out of it,I think hes a car short of a road trip >.>  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:11 am
Haha, oh dear! x.x

Fortunately Flame has adjusted nicely, he's a total puppy, he's constantly all up in errbody's business begging for love. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:03 pm
horseluvrelisha
Haha, oh dear! x.x

Fortunately Flame has adjusted nicely, he's a total puppy, he's constantly all up in errbody's business begging for love. xp
xD my horse is like that (maybe its an arab thing o.O) but roy,hes ALWAYS focused on food,you would swear we never feed him for how he is with food,hes always been that way  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:08 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
ALWAYS focused on food,you would swear we never feed him for how he is with food,hes always been that way

This = pony I sold last year. .....And probably all ponies, for that matter. twisted  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff