Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
See my babies? ^_^

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Totally didn't forget this the first time...
  >_>
View Results

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:33 pm
So anyone who sees my talk regularly is aware that i play/am currently in love with Roller Derby xP

WELL lately we have started a Derby Brats team (junior derby for 7-17 yo boys and girls ) and i am super proud of them all...they made our local paper ^_^
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Derby as a sport is really starting to take off in Aus...im soo happy to be a part of it ^_^

So anyway...im bored and trawling FB...i need entertainment xD
Tell me what sports you play/would like to play/like to watch??  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:31 pm
I don't like nor watch any sports, but congrats! biggrin  

[Mithra]

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:24 am
What a cute bunch of kids!

I think Derby is gaining popularity everywhere, I hadn't heard about it before you started but I see it in more and more places now... though often in association with lesbians.
Derby has been both the GWS and Manly Guys comics for example!

My two sports of choice are BMXing and airsoft.
BMXing is doing tricks and riding small nippy maneuverable bicycles, most people know that though XD

We're in the middle of building our own funbox for riding our bikes on. So far we've made a kicker ramp, which looks very similar to this.

Airsoft is like paintballing except we use replica weapons that fire plastic ball bearings... I don't like comparing it to paintball though because it's way better. Cheaper, hurts less, cooler and it's played tactically (which is the team sport aspect) which just never happens at paintballing because your usually playing against a stag party/bunch of cunts.
I usually play in an underground bunker, with 25+ others, because it's indoors so not weather dependent. During summer I play outside with 100 a side teams though smile

A couple of month a go I attended an invite only event which took place in an British Army training base, which is a mock town designed to look like a German Village.
This is the place from the sky, it's huge, it was ******** awesome. Most of those buildings are bigger than my house, the tallest was a 5 story tower block.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:54 am
scrub
What a cute bunch of kids!

I think Derby is gaining popularity everywhere, I hadn't heard about it before you started but I see it in more and more places now... though often in association with lesbians.
Derby has been both the GWS and Manly Guys comics for example!

My two sports of choice are BMXing and airsoft.
BMXing is doing tricks and riding small nippy maneuverable bicycles, most people know that though XD

We're in the middle of building our own funbox for riding our bikes on. So far we've made a kicker ramp, which looks very similar to this.

Airsoft is like paintballing except we use replica weapons that fire plastic ball bearings... I don't like comparing it to paintball though because it's way better. Cheaper, hurts less, cooler and it's played tactically (which is the team sport aspect) which just never happens at paintballing because your usually playing against a stag party/bunch of cunts.
I usually play in an underground bunker, with 25+ others, because it's indoors so not weather dependent. During summer I play outside with 100 a side teams though smile

A couple of month a go I attended an invite only event which took place in an British Army training base, which is a mock town designed to look like a German Village.
This is the place from the sky, it's huge, it was ******** awesome. Most of those buildings are bigger than my house, the tallest was a 5 story tower block.

That sounds awesome...i have only been paint balling once...and that was for my highschool graduation, so yeah not that good >_>

And and...we only have 2 lesbians (a couple by the way) on my team...not as many as people seem to think xD
but yeah i always get "isn't that a lesbian sport" or " you're not fat enough to play derby" or im not butch enough or too pretty...i then tell them where to shove it and get "oh yeah...i see the derby now" >_<  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:35 am
Assumptions don't match up to reality, what a surprise razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:10 am
D'aww they so cute with all their wittle helmets heart

I'm not much of a sports person. I blew through a bunch of different team sports growing up and never stayed interested.

But I wanna get back into Tae Kwon Do or perhaps try a different martial art. Of all the sports I participated in as a child, Tae Kwon Do is the only one I regret leaving behind. It was fun to learn, and I was a beast at tournaments.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 am
Karate is about as far into martial arts as i ventured xD  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:01 pm
I did Tae Kwon Doe as well! I'm not very sporty (volleyball and tae kwon doe are about all I ever did, and gave them both up...) but I wouldn't mind doing a martial arts again. Maybe Tae Kwon Doe, maybe not. Roller derby is one of those things I'd like to watch but not actually *do* (even though I love roller blading)  

Annai-chansan

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff