Submit

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 am
I may be one of the younger in the 3G here but I agree and find it's hilarious that they assume that only children are here and should be the only ones here. I tell others straight up how old I am and I still manage to make friends with some of the youngsters and offer any advice if I can and their down. I find that the result of that dreaded age question is either they think it's great or they completely flip out and panic rofl I'm usually on several RP's at once when I'm online but I'm happy to join in for a chat n RP if anyone is lonely 3nodding After all...with age comes wisdom and experience...but also the ability to be a kid when you want xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:35 am
I've been through very similar circumstances. It's gotten to the point that I don't even share my age with anyone in towns or whatever. If anyone asks, I'll say I'm 16: believable, and not too old yet. *sigh*  

koopabrat

Sparkly Genius

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:16 pm
I actually typically get mistaken for being older, because of my manner of speaking and how I present myself. In my experience, the age that you will be presumed to be has more to do with these factors than any others. Even those who I speak with that are older than I often joke about how I seem to be the older of the two of us.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:37 am
Me. I am a twenty-something year old female and whenever I talk about anime, some people assume I am an obnoxious 14 year old fangirl, which I am not. Honestly.... some people... equal: ARGH!  

cutereader86

Super Giver

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Magnus DeWinter

Savage Husband

18,640 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:06 am
I know the feeling. I remember getting the original pokemon red (Oh how I loved the old massive game boy)when it came out. I head into the threads and people assume I'm twelve. then someone drops the age question.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:13 pm
I'm 51 and I made the first page in the Bleach Poll. I had to tell my daughter what happened in episode 63 of Full Metal Alchemist, because she can't stay up that late anymore.
I use to explain my age before accepting a friend request. Now, most friend requests get declined, because it's just easier that way. Unless I am in a Guild, I don't mention my age.  

Purtie

Obsessive Elder

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:05 am
sweatdrop I normally don't go onto Gaia that much but since I've been involved in RPs since the beginning of this year I've been a little more active than before. I also avoid the main Gaia forums like the plague. I'm quite boring. lol. I just stay within the confines of the guilds I'm in.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:54 am
I clear up that problem with calling myself everyone's creepy uncle  

Lex The Forgotten of BoB

5,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200

thaskarin

Familiar Phantom

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:59 am
I used to RP all the time in Gaia. I've kinda found myself drifting away from them. I sometimes feel a little uncomfortable telling my age in towns.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:41 am
Happened to me several times, not even going to name them due the waist of energy it would take.

We all have had our share of the " act your age " crap.

What younger souls don't realize is the simple fact of the matter is that one should enjoy themselves regardless of age not place petty limitations for fear of some a** hats or Idiots viewing them a certain way.

If those sheeple really cared they would stop wagging their tongs, flapping their jaws, and start enjoying themselves instead of causing themselves more stress just because someone of a older age decided to have some fun rp ing  

Demarkual

Tricky Tactician

3,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Alan Kinoki

Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:18 am
When they ask me how old I am I tell them the truth.

I'm old enough to be creepy. Wanna be friends? ~_^

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 am
rofl rofl rofl rofl I...love that!  

Liada Trovaras

thaskarin

Familiar Phantom

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:01 pm
Usually people are completely unsurprised to hear my age.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 pm
My response to the age question ... "Old enough to know better." 3nodding  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items