Submit

iNigel

Inventive Designer

18,125 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:09 am
almost the half of my friends knows im 21 but ppl could think im younger than 21 cuse i look more like 17 , yeah its kind of annoying when ppl thinks ur under the age you realy are , and if you see the mayority of the new users of gaia are kids or teenagers you can just notice in the way they type to you and the no sense of what they find funny to put a lol [ i type lol when i find some funny into it]and the end of nothing, or just the no sense of laugh about something thats not funny  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:27 pm
I feel weird sometimes like I'm still in limbo in regards to age or maturity. But then again I'm a child at heart. Never experienced being basically called a ***** before on the site.  

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Demarkual

Tricky Tactician

3,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:39 pm
Children will be children, let them act like the children they are its of no concern. To even acknowledge their negative behavior is giving them what they are after.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:34 pm
Oh goodness I know that feeling, most people will assume I'm younger since I like to talk a lot and make jokes all the time but till now no one has being rude to me about my age (yet) but after reading all the stories here, I think it's a commong thing in gaia, we should be the ones banning kids for being so rude! and I enjoy talking with people who are 20+ more than I do with younger ones since they don't measure what comes out from their minds, have no respect nor manners at all. Then again, not all of them are like that but sadly, most of young people think they have the world in their hands.  

Vinny0816

Vicious Kitten

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:53 pm
I got some static form a 16 year old the other day.

She was mega buttmad because I wouldn't discount my stuff in the marketplace.
She called me a spoiled rotten thirteen year old and I only have expensive items because I stole my parents credit card. rofl

I was like... Excuse me?
I have been here since 2004 and I mailed in donations to get my items. I also used to be an avid vender, I fish, and I quest a lot to get my stuff. And I told her my actual age which is 21.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:54 pm
Pink Fregia
I too have had others assume I am younger cuz I like talking, doing puzzles and rping. They start talking and the age question always comes up. Once they hear 50 they freak out! rolleyes I've been asked to leave rps cuz I'm too old.WTH?
I had some kid say she was going to report me for being old and on Gaia. I told her go ahead. Kids think they own everything. If it wasn't for an adult(s) the kids wouldn't have Gaia to begin with.

I know the feeling. I hate when they send me friend requests then figure out im 43 and befriend me immediately. Im on here cause I like playing and socializing with all. When will they understand we are not *****, weirdos, etc. I first got on with my daughter. As she got older, she got on less but I continued cause I liked it. Oh well...to hell with them.

Oh by the way....I lov your avi!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Project Momma

Friendly Gaian

22,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:46 am
Project Momma
Pink Fregia
I too have had others assume I am younger cuz I like talking, doing puzzles and rping. They start talking and the age question always comes up. Once they hear 50 they freak out! rolleyes I've been asked to leave rps cuz I'm too old.WTH?
I had some kid say she was going to report me for being old and on Gaia. I told her go ahead. Kids think they own everything. If it wasn't for an adult(s) the kids wouldn't have Gaia to begin with.

I know the feeling. I hate when they send me friend requests then figure out im 43 and befriend me immediately. Im on here cause I like playing and socializing with all. When will they understand we are not *****, weirdos, etc. I first got on with my daughter. As she got older, she got on less but I continued cause I liked it. Oh well...to hell with them.

Oh by the way....I lov your avi!!!!!!!!!!!!

My beginnings were the way only for me it was my son. He was a young teen when he joined. He liked the RP part of Gaia. I was surprised at how he really got into it! He would research stuff to make sure things he wanted to do with his characters would be plausible. It played out in his favor. Now hes in college and his teachers/professors love his writing skills.
I would play the games n do the puzzles to earn him gold.
One day he surprised me with PINK!
He also grew up and went on to other things. He will come on here n there but not for any real time. I however am still on and active. I still do puzzles n games.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:28 pm
This has never happened to me before. But I usually peruse forums that users my age are on such as the GCD and SF. I assume everybody is close to my age (which is currently 23), but people surprise me sometimes. : O

Thanks for all of the great stories, you guys! It was fun reading some of the age confusion stories. xD

Happy _Tropical_Flower

Etta Blade

Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:12 pm
Wow and I though Minecraft was bad, but I'm glad y'all don't let them push your buttons. When the age question pops up I just say I'm an adult or ignore it and leave it at that, unless I feel they can handle the truth. I'm not one for confrontation mainly because even if I'm right I end up losing.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff