Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Hiro is having a lot of stuff under his eye.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:15 am
I have no idea what the English word is, but most of the time after sleeping cats get this stuff under their eye. Like we humans have to in the morning.

My boyfriend told me that Hiro our cat has this stuff under his eyes and it has only gotten worser and also along the day when he doesn't sleep. I haven't been home in a while. We don't think it's something really bad and he's keeping an eye out on him. I told him to clean his eyes with warm water and a tissue.

But my boyfriend told me it has been this bad that it's even running towards his nose. He doesn't rub in his eyes much with his paws, but the fact that it's so much that it's running down to his nose bothers me a little bit. And he's using the litterbox more than usual.

What could it possibly be?
He's taking him to the vet next week if it's still that worse.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:02 pm
In regular English? I would probably just call it "eye goop." xd But technically it would be called discharge, and if there is a lot it can me a sign of an URI, so probably best to get it checked out. While it could be something minor (equivalent to a human cold), they can get pretty nasty and are SOMETIMES signs of something more chronic like a problem with the tear ducts. I would definitely get Hiro a check up if it continues.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:43 am
Well, it looks like he's a little bit sick. Threw up, so we're thinking of making an appointment with the vet. Well, he is. I can't come along. :B I'm on the other side of the country.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games