Blaze's scary night.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:17 pm
This is old news. Blaze is doing much much better now. But... I thought I'd share it lol.

So last night, I was rounding up the vermin after a long free roam. They get an almond for going in their cage when told too. I was literally about to go to bed. I was planning on getting up early to workout. (plus I'm finding it harder and harder to wake up in the mornings and needed to get back on schedule, I thought the workout would give me energy as adrenaline usually does. That's totally off topic but ya) But then I noticed Blaze heaving as if she was chocking. She was still breathing though and having gone through it once with Aida I knew it would most probably pass so I just watched her nervously as she began to drool big globs.

She continued to heave and retch. She tried to settle but couldn't get comfortable and was getting up to retch every two minutes. She was very lethargic, was taking the stairs very slowly and carefully. After maybe 20 minutes, her nose started running REALLY bad. Which was quite the sight since her snots were bright blood red. I checked with Cowgirl but luckily I had heard before that they have red secretions. Had I not the sight of that would have brought me to tears. I was already shaking seeing her hack away and look so stressed and painful.

After a good HOUR the retching seemed to be getting less and less frequent. But she was refusing to drink, or even eat ice cream. I opened the cage a few times to stroke and reasure her. She kept wanting to run out and go hide which I grabbed her and stopped her cause I wanted my eye on her I figured in her stressed state I wouldn't see her again the rest of the night if she got out. So I let her go in my house coat. She slowly attempted to waddle off like twice and finally gave up and got comfy in my sleeve.

She snuggled in my sleeve for close to an hour. BLAZE...SNUGGLED... eek It must have been a really stressful experience. I didn't want to go to sleep because I was kind of just enjoying it. And also watching the fabric of my housecoat move up and down and know that she was still breathing. At midnight I was getting pretty tired. I was afraid of falling asleep with her in my sleeve. So I plopped her back in the cage to snuggle with Aida. Only Aida was no where ready for sleeps. I felt bad cause Blaze really wanted the company, but...I didn't wana accidently squish her while I slept so I left her in the cage and went to bed. Woke up twice in the night and checked on her she was sleepy but otherwise fine. She even slept most of today.

She's drinking now, I gave her a small wedge of banana and I saw her munching her lab blocks so she seems to be over it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:40 pm
Im glad shes doing much better biggrin  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash