Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Professor Offices
Professor Amorocho's Office Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to
Professor Amorocho's Office

Ravenclaw Head of House

Hidden behind an impressive stack of parchment, and ancient leather bound books, Professor Juan Amorocho could be found in the depths of a thickly bound book with latin scriptures etched into the front cover. His office was filled, if not, booming with intricate trinkets, alchemical symbols crammed onto rolls of parchment and one very elusively vicious snargaluff plant located beside the only window to the room.

About the Professor
Yes, my surname does mean 'love', and the number 'eight,' in Spanish, ironically enough I'm the first of eight children in my family. I graduated at the top of my class in Hogwarts, and upon my graduation, I had set into the world to explore. Of course, life isn't always exactly the way you plan it, and so with a slight plight with the Ministry I've been allowed to- "serve my time," as they so eloquently put it, filling in the role of a professor at Hogwarts.
You can imagine how excited I was.

My Schedule
Every Sunday assignments will be updated

Tutoring
If you fail a test, you will be allowed to raise your grade by coming into tutorials.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:43 am
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Third Year

User Image Jessica approached Professor Amorocho's office and politely knocked on the door with a slender hand, waiting for her Alchemy instructor to open the door or ask her to enter.  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:14 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Seated upon the plush midnight blue armchair with shining shoes propped upon his desk amidst the array of parchments, tomes, and notes, Juan Angel Amorocho darted chocolate eyes away from the thick latin text depicting alchemical branches from ancient history. The sound of the knock came suddenly, and without warning, which had caused the brows upon his tanned forehead to raise with curiosity. Instead of shouting across the room, with far too many books acting as sound barriers to be heard, he made a gesture for the door, which then swung open to reveal Jessica Sasserath standing at the other end.

"Ah, Miss Sasserath, what a pleasant surprise-- is there anything I can help you with?"

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:48 am
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Third Year

User Image Jessica nodded and she entered the office and shut the door behind her. The very plae redhead took a seat after carefully moving book and letting it rest in her fingers rather than placing it on the floor. Tired green eyes rested on the handsome professor in front of her, Thank you for your time, Professor. You had suggested that I come here to ask and answer questions from out first class.... You asked me why I had asked the question I did in reguard to the full abilities of the Philosopher’s Stone....," Jess frowned and looked down at the professor's desk for a moment before looking back up into Professor Amorocho's brown eyes, "I'm..... I'm dying. When I was ten, I and a friend of mine were poisoned with an unknown toxin. Miles died within hours, and the physicians at St. Mungo's thought that I only had a couple of months to live. I've proved them wrong; however, my father is a firm believer in 'survival of the fittest' and abandoned me at St. Mungo's. I refuse to succumb to this poison that seems to keep regenerating itself in my blood. My willpower not withstanding, my affliction is gradually getting worse. I'm guessing that, if it isn't purged from me, the toxin will rob me of my ability to do physical task such as walking and talking.. and eventually the ability to breathe. If there is anything that can be done to stop this.... That is why I asked the question in the first place, Professor."  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:38 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

When the severity of the situation had sunken in, Angel immediately closed the book in his hands and dropped his feet to the floor, straightening his posture with curious eyes, a furrow to his brows as he noted her hesitance at deliverance. At first, he only nodded. His fingers intertwined within one another as he closed his hands together, his elbows on his desk, a contemplative look upon his features for the moment. Suddenly, a look of sympathy over washed him as he dropped his hands down to his lap. ”Wow, Miss Sasserath, that’s, unbelievably difficult, and trying, I can’t imagine what it must be like,

“But, as much as I’d like to say otherwise, I can’t condone that a Philosopher’s Stone will be able to combat this sickness. If it’s a poison, my dear, a potioneer should be able to determine what it is, and, effectively stop it.

“Many people die on their quest for the stone… It isn’t an ideal option, but, what is an option is Hogwarts. The best potioneer’s are at work here, how about this, I’ll send my best colleagues an owl, likely, I’ll be able to get them to come on a visit if I speak with the Deputy Headmaster.

“You don’t have to worry, we’re here to help.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:53 am
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Third Year

User Image Jess slowly bowed her head to Professor Amorocho, "Thank you, Professor. I'm.... I truely appreciate any help that you can lend me. I want to live. I can't give up...," the pale redhead's voice faltered, as she tried to keep herself from crying. With everything she has gone though, the dam was about to break.  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:46 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

For just that moment, a smile had washed over his features like a sea of dreams, and cast its hook into the depths. Endearing, and warm, Angel could only wonder what trials and tribulations the young Slytherin had undertaken, and, felt a compelling obligation to assist her in any way he could. It wasn’t until he realized that she was several inches from crying, did he feel a pulse pounding need to ease her stress and cause tears to vanish without a trace.

He never could handle the tears of a woman.

”Please, Miss Sasserath, don’t worry, we’re going to get you the held you need. Just leave it to me, alright?” Those wavering chocolate eyes unfurled with sympathy. ”I’ll call you to my office when I have the details sorted out, until then, just try to relax, okay?”

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:58 am
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Third Year

User Image Jess could have kissed him, but she knew that would be bad. The gesture would have been simply made in gratitude, however, it would only serve to get the professor in trouble. Slowly standing, Jess politely bowed tears rimming her eyes, "Thank you for your kindness, Professor. I don't think you know what that means to me. Kindness is a commodity that has been in short supply around me, Sir. It seems there are precious few people that I can trust."  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Fourth Year

User Image In the following year.... Jessica Sassareth slowly made her way to Professor Amorocho's office, ashamed of missing a class for a favored professor. Gently knocking and pushing her way in when she was permitted, the ailing redhead slid into a seat facing the Alchemy professor, "Professor, please forgive my absence earlier. I was not... well, and I didn't feel well enough to attend. Will you please go over what I missed, Sir?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:04 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

”Oh, it’s quite alright, Jessica, I hope you’re feeling better. He began immediately with a warm and caring smile alit on his bronze features. ”Has Professor Caesar and Mr. Flint had any progress? You’re improving, little by little, I can see it, and your magic has gotten quite stronger because of it, too.” He nodded affirmatively, and then a spark of recognition flashed in his mind as he recalled the true reason for her appearance. ”Ah yes, you missed our lesson on Albus Dumbledore—actually—no one attended that lecture. I had half a mind to see their Heads of House, to make sure they’re all alright. But thank you, Jessica, for at least coming in, no one else has.” He chuckled, trying to hide his concern for the other children, but, he suppose, they could have all skipped class for some quidditch game, or only Merlin knows. ”Ten points for Slytherin, now, if you’ll take out your notes, we’ll begin.

“Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was one of the most loved Headmaster’s at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer—served as Supreme Mugwump of of the International Confederation of Wizards and as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He was a half-blood wizard, the son of Percival and Kendra Dumbledore, and the elder brother of Aberforth and Ariana. His father died in Azkaban when Dumbledore was young, while his mother and sister were later accidentally killed. His early losses greatly affected him early on, even at his death, but in turn made him a better person. Albus Dumbledore was considered to be the most powerful wizard of his time. He was most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald which granted him the use of the Elder Wand, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicolas Flamel in constructing the famed philosopher’s stone which was being hunted down by the Dark Lord Volemort. Albus Dumbledore was a crucial aspect in Harry Potter’s quest to achieve the seven horcruxes and defeat Lord Voldemort once and for all; he died at the hands of Severus Snape, whom in fact, was a true member of the Order of the Phoenix….

“Any questions”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:13 am
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Fourth Year

User ImageJessica scribed her notes dutifully, occasionally peeking up at her professor smirking at him whilst the one-on-one lecture continued. When Professor Amorocho finished, Jess did ask one question, "Professor, if Severus Snape was a member of the Order of the Phoenix, why did he kill Albus Dumbledore?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:22 am
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin Prefect, Seventh Year

User Image Jessica Sassareth found herself walking down a familiar hall toward her Alchemy professor's room. The willowy redhead hated it, when she missed her first lecture this year with Professor Amorocho. Taking a deep breath before knocking politely on the door, Jess waited for a response before entering.  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:38 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Hovering dangerously close to the docile snargaluff plant, Professor Angel gingerly held a water pail in his hands as his ungloved fingers tentatively slipped away the slow humming and thorny vines to reach the roots of the plant and douse it with cool water. The knock on the door pricked his ears and his plant twitched and vibrated with warning, its vines writhing ever so gently as if threatening it might attack. He hushed the plant gently, cooing to it as he quickly dropped the last few ounces of water in the thick flowering bed where the gnarled stump resided and then turned his head to the door. ”Come in,” he declared as he stepped away from the snargaluff plant and set about watering the rest of the foliage in his office.

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:57 am
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin Prefect, Seventh Year

User Image The willowy redhead entered one of her favorite professor's office with a sheepish grin. Bowing before taking a seat opposite his desk, Jess spoke, "I'm sorry for missing your first class this year, Professor. I had to... I had to sign for ... the rest of my possessions from the orphanage and fill out several pieces of scrolled parchment over my legal status. At least, in the eyes of the law, I'm officially an adult. Again, I'm sorry for missing your class, I really wanted to be there."

With that, Jess' cheeks blushed, whilst she dug out her parchment and quill to take notes.  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:43 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Creases frowned on her features as his brows furrowed and his lips grew tight with loss of what to say. But he offered an encouraging smile. "It's quite alright child, no need to worry. And, I'm truly sorry, that... must have been hard for you, but you've done absolutely brilliantly in school, you'll have no problem finding a job, anyone would be lucky to have you.

"As for the first class, we're simply reviewing spells from all of our previous years for your NEWTS, we began with a spell created by an unknown alchemist in the late seventh century, Scutum,

“As you know, this spell will actually transform your wand into a shield with a simple incantation, SKEW-dum, and there is no need for wand movement, the focus of this spell is entirely dependent on concentration and focus, and as such, this spell has had many reported findings that its strength and skill actually increase in dire and stressful situations. The notes are on the board behind me if you'd like to write them down because there is a possibility that some of the spells we go over this year will be on your NEWTS.”

Quote:
Name of the spell: Scutum
Pronunciation of the spell: SKEW-dum
Meaning behind the name: Scutum is Latin for shield.
Effects of the spell: When casted correctly, this spell will transmute your wand into a deft wooden shield impervious to most spells, even dark magic spells.
Wand movements: N/A
Is there a distance requirement?: Wand must be in hand
Are the effects lasting?: No, recite the spell and it reverses, or, when the caster exerts too much energy the wand will naturally take to its shape.
Anything else?: Spell is strongest under stressful situations

Juan Angel Amorocho

Professor Offices

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out