A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
Medical Advice?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you done something like this before yourself?
Yes...many times too ^^;
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Nope. Never done this before...>.>
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hmm....well there was this one time...
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
*clickies this option*
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:58 pm
Ok, I've managed to burn my hand by spilling hot boiling water over it while making a cup of tea. Already ran it under cold water (fkn freezin at that) so anyone have any ideas about how to stop it from stinging? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:25 pm
Pain killers? Sorry, i think your kinda burnt (no pun intended).

Keep it under cold water and stuff I guess, or find the First Aid app or website.  

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:27 pm
SakuraTheBlueTiger
Ok, I've managed to burn my hand by spilling hot boiling water over it while making a cup of tea. Already ran it under cold water (fkn freezin at that) so anyone have any ideas about how to stop it from stinging? sweatdrop

Not really. It's on your hands, so my normal remedy is useless. Burnt hands: My weakness. And it's probably a second degree burn. i normally ework with hands that are third degree. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 pm
Sorry to hear you got burned, Sakura, but you have already done the best thing by holding it under cold water. Here's a couple of links that might help ... How to Treat Hot Water Burns and Hot Water Scald Burn Treatment.  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:28 am
I'm super late on this, and sorry.
You can get burn gel at some place like Wallmart or Walgreens.
I needed to buy myself some because I am extremely prone to burning the $@#*% out of myself.
It's main ingredient is aloe but it has special burn cleansers in it too.
It actually coats the burn so it can pull out the heat and condition the skin.
It works really well.
When I get home tonight I can look up the exact name for you if you'd like.
I think it's just simple though, like Burn gel first plus or something.
Let me know.
I can't live without it User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:31 am
lady ayami chan
I'm super late on this, and sorry.
You can get burn gel at some place like Wallmart or Walgreens.
I needed to buy myself some because I am extremely prone to burning the $@#*% out of myself.
It's main ingredient is aloe but it has special burn cleansers in it too.
It actually coats the burn to it can pull out the heat and condition the skin.
It works really well.
When I get home tnight I can look up the exact name for you if you'd like.
I think it's just simple though, like Burn gel first plus or something.
Let me know.
I can't live without it User Image

3nodding Thaks Ayami, that's a huge help and I'll take a look for it when I go shopping tomorrow blaugh *hugs*  

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:34 am
No problem I understand your pain User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:21 am
SakuraTheBlueTiger

Company is Water-Jel the gel is called Burn Jel Plus
Walmart link so you know what you are looking for if you go there.
I thought it had aloe in it but i don't see it now..
Who knows what I was thinking.

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:40 am
Maybe you were thinking of sunburn treatment stuff... which usually have aloe. Spouse and I had gotten an aloe vera gel when we both got really bad sunburns a few years back.

Though not the kind of burns this topic was about, here's a word of advice about aloe vera and sunburns: use it on the first day, but not after. Nice, cool and soothing on the first day, then it stings like a b***h the next day stressed Or at least that was our experience with it stare

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:05 am
stare I just burnt my OTHER hand with oil this time...was cooking something in the oven and the tea towel soaked some of it up when I got it out. I picked it up and *bang* hand straight into boiling oil stare ....anyone want to cook for me or take away all heat producing items? sweatdrop  

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

bandaidd
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:17 pm
How are the burns doing? Best initial treatment is cold water if there are no blisters or if the blisters are not broken. Cold water until:
1. you can take it out of the cold water for one minute without it burning, or
2. 2 hours
whichever is shortest.
If you have very full or broken blisters on hands, feet, face, genitals or larger than the size of a US quarter [2.5 cm diameter], then wrap in cool wet gauze if possible and go to nearest doctor.
If the burn isn't that bad, you can use a water soluble burn lotion or compress and loose bulky dressing to protect it. I like lotions with tea tree [melaleuca] in them. Change the dressing daily. The burn will often look worse after 24 hours.
With an oil burn I would add just a bit of soap to the initial cold water rinse to get the oil off.
While healing, burn care is a specialized part of medical care and lots of doctors and nurses would call a burn unit for advice, especially for a hand. Let me know how you are doing if you have any questions. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids and eat real food. You will need extra protein and extra sleep.
Your new skin will feel tight and lots of people need physical therapy, but there are exercises you can do at home depending on the severity of the burns and how you are healing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:01 pm
sweatdrop yeah they're doing alright...just kinda wish I wasn't in one of those periods of clumsyness that I ten to get from time to time. It's a bit of a irritant when it happens as it tends to last a while is all  

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:55 pm
You'll also want to cover up your burns if you are going to be putting them near heat sources, such as ovens. The heat really makes the burn hurt more!  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games