Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:23 am

He's been giving me a lot of trouble when it comes to putting him in the run and getting him out of it. All of a sudden one day he wouldn't come to me and he pretty much hasn't ever since. Claudie on the other hand just walks right up to me like she's next in line, lets me pick her up and put her where ever she needs to go. She's such a good girl!

I'm thinking Jacob might be a rooster, so maybe that might be why he's acting so different?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:02 am
My Rooster, Cornflake, (who turned out to be a Mexican Fighting c**k...) tried to eat any one who went in the coop. The Hens, Fluffy, Peeps, and later Sweetheart, were all pretty well behaved (untill FLuffy broke her leg, then she was a brat), so it could be that he's being a brat because if his gender lol  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:13 am
Akari_32
My Rooster, Cornflake, (who turned out to be a Mexican Fighting c**k...) tried to eat any one who went in the coop. The Hens, Fluffy, Peeps, and later Sweetheart, were all pretty well behaved (untill FLuffy broke her leg, then she was a brat), so it could be that he's being a brat because if his gender lol

He's not violent or anything though, he just runs away when I try to pick him up. I've been trying the "hug" thing, where you take the chicken and tuck it under your arm while you do your chicken chores. I think that's mostly for aggressive roos but hopefully it will calm him down a bit. He's a sweet little guy when you're sitting down with him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:33 pm
How is he when you pet him?  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:22 am

Well if I'm holding him and I pet him he's fine, otherwise I can't get near him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:42 am
maybe its cause your bigger when he is down there and you are standing up,and you intimidate him  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:33 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
maybe its cause your bigger when he is down there and you are standing up,and you intimidate him

I kneel down so I'm not as big, slowly waddle over to him and extend my hand. I think he hates me >.>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:13 pm
Vanilla eXee
Cowgirl-with-heart

I kneel down so I'm not as big, slowly waddle over to him and extend my hand. I think he hates me >.>

Maybe you can try feeding him from only your hand for a few days. Show him that you (and hands) are nice, and he shouldnt be afraid of you. Feed him something really really yummy, that only comes for you. When we still had our chickens, we crushed up cereal, crackers, ect, and those were treats.

Dunno, just an idea lol  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:38 am
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee
Cowgirl-with-heart

Maybe you can try feeding him from only your hand for a few days. Show him that you (and hands) are nice, and he shouldnt be afraid of you. Feed him something really really yummy, that only comes for you. When we still had our chickens, we crushed up cereal, crackers, ect, and those were treats.

Dunno, just an idea lol

They only get their meal worms by hand, and I got them some oats and wheat that they also get by hand only.

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games