Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:21 am
I realize the new Usdia sub-breeds information just went up for customs and there might be plans to expand it. But I have questions for the interim.

The main one being, Pixie Wings. Pixies are not flutters, but at the same time, the wings are similar. Does that mean they edit similarly [IE - would be a moderate edit that is not a mutation]? Basically - does anything that says 'Flutter & Flutter Crosses only' apply to Pixies. Or are Pixies going to only have the one wing option unless it is a mutant?

And while I'm asking about the mini-breeds. . . If you custom a Quinlin [or other mini] - the rp guidebook says 'quilin is easily defined by some unusual features' - does this mean that not having one of the things listed as a defining characteristic makes it a half-breed?

What kind of edit is it to change a Quinlin's eyes?

Is is possible to custom an Imp with small electrical 'sparks' around it?

Will there be pictures put up for the Pixie and the Putti, even if they don't have standard breed variants?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the amazing owners/colorists/staff for listening to us when we asked for Usdia variants. I absolutely adore all the new breeds and am grateful for all the time, thought and effort that went into these wonderful new cuties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want keep this thread for general questions about mini-breed customs - This is not a place for opinions beyond those answering specific questions. Please feel free to add any general custom questions you may have. Anything specific to an individual custom should be asked of a colorist who allows those questions when they have open customs or you have won a slot. I also encourage you to thank the amazing folks of Soq who worked to hard to bring us these new breeds in your post.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:28 am
As a reminder to those who may not have noticed - all Mini-breeds are restricted to Minor/Moderate Edits only. Please keep this in mind when posting questions.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:56 am
I was actually curious if the edit rules applied to usdia breeds as well. Particularly, if we can get unique antlers on nymphs without it being a 'mutation.' :>  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:41 pm
1. Pixie CAN have custom wings without it being a mutation.

2. Quilin can have default Usdia eyes for no extra charge, much like a Kalona CAN have a regulars face, without being a halfbreed. However it needs scales to count for it. Minicorns can be pure with or without their extra long fetlocks, etc. However its the major things, such as Quilin horns, back scales (Pures CAN go without the belly scales), and tails make them halfbreeds if they don't have them.

Nymphs of either gender can have no antlers and still be pure, much like a female Ceryeni, since both genders can grow equal sized antlers.

3.You can see Pixies and Putti in the main "Subbreeds" sheet. If they gain variations, they will get their own Sheet. It just was figured to be redundant posting them repeatedly.

:3 We already have a couple Mini's with Custom horns and antlers (Mostly the Leaders). And the Pixie leader even has custom wings. Overall, the Mini's fit within the same edit rules of the full sized soquili, only they are limited to a maximum of Moderate in standard customs

Putti and Imps cannot get custom headwings without being a mutation edits wise, much like a wind cannot have custom wings without being a mutation edits wise.

Essentially they follow the same parallels of the larger soquili edits wise, in what is allowed. :3 Tails, fins, ears, horns.. As well as Inteni and bug wings (Since flutters are allowed to have inteni naturally as well). The main difference between Cerynei and Nymph editing abilities are that Females and males are capable of Equally Non-existent to impressive Antlers, where as Cerynei females must have smaller, less complex antlers than males usually do.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:41 pm
Thank you very much - I appreciate the information.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:50 am
So then, just to clarify(Because I don't want to make a whole new thread for this very related question, lawl), if I were to get, say... An Imp/Nymph cross and wanted it to look like, say, a big-horn sheep... I could get it custom horns like big-horn ram horns? *Has ideas for goat-y Usdia*  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25