Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Politics and Debates
Secession

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you support the creation of South California?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:18 pm
I wanted to see what everyone thought of this really interesting article I stumbled upon? I for one, think it's probably the best idea to come out of California in forever. I fully support the creation of South California. The people who live in those counties don't deserve to be taken advantage of anymore by the crazy loons from the north and LA.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:31 pm
51 states? eek gonk stressed scream *OCD freakout*
Seems rather pointless to me sweatdrop  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:35 pm
Shilberu Erikku

It all depends on how you look at it. Like the article said, the state is so diverse, that the two parts of the state are completely different, with the southern part basically getting screwed because of the states budget woes. It seems a little extreme I know, but in all honesty, I think it would be good for the southern half to get away from the northern half. At the least, it will get some discussion going.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:50 pm
kh.ikari
Shilberu Erikku

It all depends on how you look at it. Like the article said, the state is so diverse, that the two parts of the state are completely different, with the southern part basically getting screwed because of the states budget woes. It seems a little extreme I know, but in all honesty, I think it would be good for the southern half to get away from the northern half. At the least, it will get some discussion going.

At least it's better than the previous California seperation suggestion (a few years back some guy suggested seperating the state into east and west Cali). Also, it may seem like a good idea at the moment, but in a few years it could just turn out to be a waste of time and money. The only people who'd really benefit from this are politicians.  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:59 pm
Shilberu Erikku
kh.ikari
Shilberu Erikku

At least it's better than the previous California seperation suggestion (a few years back some guy suggested seperating the state into east and west Cali). Also, it may seem like a good idea at the moment, but in a few years it could just turn out to be a waste of time and money. The only people who'd really benefit from this are politicians.

I agree. It wouldn't make much sense to separate it into east and west Cali. States are always separated into north and south, such as North and South Dakota and North and South Carolina. The funny thing about the new separation lines, is that it separates the conservative counties and the liberal counties into two separate Californias. I don't think people in California have a concept of money, the way they spend in their legislature lol. The politicians are what is wrong with that state in the first place.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:04 pm
kh.ikari
Shilberu Erikku
kh.ikari
Shilberu Erikku

I agree. It wouldn't make much sense to separate it into east and west Cali. States are always separated into north and south, such as North and South Dakota and North and South Carolina. The funny thing about the new separation lines, is that it separates the conservative counties and the liberal counties into two separate Californias. I don't think people in California have a concept of money, the way they spend in their legislature lol. The politicians are what is wrong with that state in the first place.

So basically, pretty much all the split will accomplish is making politics boring.  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:09 pm
Shilberu Erikku
kh.ikari
Shilberu Erikku
kh.ikari
Shilberu Erikku

So basically, pretty much all the split will accomplish is making politics boring.

Well the way politics are now, is too divisive. If you look at the counties, you'd see how different they are. Take San Francisco for example. One of the most progressive cities in the world. A city famous for it's tolerance for homosexuality, drug use, and anti-war demonstrations. Then you go south to San Diego, which is a military city, home to the largest naval port on the side of the country. You can easily see the differences right there. One city that hates anything military, and one that's local economy is based on it. You can do the same with the other counties. This isn't your normal conservative/liberal divide.  
Politics and Debates

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games