Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:45 pm
Ugh, I'm irritated. There was this sweet little cat named Worm up at the local farm, and they euthanized her. They had this thing going on up there where little kids visit, and the kids just couldn't leave Worm's kittens alone.

This cat was not aggressive. She was the sweetest damn cat ever; she literally climbed onto me to be held at one point. I had held her kittens when they were very young and the most she did was chortle at me.

But I guess there were way more kids around, probably not handling these kittens like they were supposed to, and she got overwhelmed. She got defensive, like any other mother cat would, and scratched a kid.

I guess because this cat 'attack' was so public, it was required that she be euthanized. That pisses me off, a lot. Because some kid wouldn't quit messing with these kittens, an innocent cat is dead.

The kittens she left behind aren't doing very well, either. Last time I visited, they were younger, but they were all pretty healthy. Now, they're a bit thin.

Edit:

I need to explain this situation better, I think. Worm wasn't actually owned by anyone. The farm is well over 100 acres.

Worm lived on the property, though. People dump kittens there all the time and Worm happened to be one of those kittens; the only one besides my cat Shadow that survived.

It's a horse boarding farm pretty much. People bring food for all the local farm cats just wandering around. The cats aren't really owned by anyone. They're strays, but extremely friendly strays.

They were holding an event there, which is where a bunch of kids started ******** with her kittens. It's quite hard for the 'owner' of the farm to keep an eye on all these people, since the place is huge, but the parents should have been watching them.

I, personally, was not there when Worm scratched a kid. My aunt, who goes up there all the time, told me what happened.

Anyway, R.I.P Worm (who has dirt on her face in that pic because she just came down from the hay loft)

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:16 pm
crap like that just ticks me off,A.if the owner had gotten her spayed,she would still be alive,and had no need to attack anyone,and 2.if the people would have been smart,you dont let a bunch of random kids hold little kittens,cats dont like it,especially strangers,and thats not even taking into account htat kittens need lots of sleep AND they could have been given diseases by people. scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:11 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

That is such crap. D: Things like that tick me off so much. I hate it when people refuse to respect an animal's space, and then they get pissed when the animal defends itself. WE show it when we're not happy, so why aren't our animals allowed to? I've been hurt by my pets, but 98% of the time it was completely my fault and I accepted that and learned how to avoid it in the future. And when I'm messing with my cat, I pay attention to his body language and back off when it goes from playful to irritated.

I wish people would just (a) teach their kids how to act properly around animals & (b) pay attention to their kids, their pets (like, when someone lets their dog run around and it goes and harasses other people's pets), and the animal in question. An animal shouldn't have to die because people are too lazy or too ignorant to monitor the situation and make sure they weren't making the poor thing feel threatened enough to defend itself.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:55 am
thats horrible. why the hell dont people keep a better handle on their dang kids when it comes to animals? i hope the kittens pull through. poor cat was put down for being a good mommy, thats just sick  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

ladycrotalus

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:01 am
What have you done about it? Personally i would have told them face to face what they did was wrong, then i would have proceeded to make flyers explaining what happened and posted them around the town.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:39 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
crap like that just ticks me off,A.if the owner had gotten her spayed,she would still be alive,and had no need to attack anyone,and 2.if the people would have been smart,you dont let a bunch of random kids hold little kittens,cats dont like it,especially strangers,and thats not even taking into account htat kittens need lots of sleep AND they could have been given diseases by people. scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream

I've explained the situation in the edit above.  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:41 am
ladycrotalus
What have you done about it? Personally i would have told them face to face what they did was wrong, then i would have proceeded to make flyers explaining what happened and posted them around the town.

I wasn't actually there, my aunt just told me what happened. She was already dead by the time I got the news  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:30 pm
I'm so sorry. Parents piss me off. If I had kids I would make dang sure they treated animals with kindness and I wouldn't let an animal die because of my or their stupidity. Do I get bit? Scratched? Daily. It's not the animal's fault. They are just being ANIMALS.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

MC scarlet96

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 pm
Kipluck
I'm so sorry. Parents piss me off. If I had kids I would make dang sure they treated animals with kindness and I wouldn't let an animal die because of my or their stupidity. Do I get bit? Scratched? Daily. It's not the animal's fault. They are just being ANIMALS.
True , I get bitten and scratched by my dog and I have scars to prove it, R.I.P Worm:For being a protective mommy.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games