Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Cowboy's OFFICIAL return to the sport. (MORE pics and Vid!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:31 pm
In case anyone new to the guild etc doesn't know. Cowboy, 6yr old Aussie, winner of 2010 Hudson Pet Idol and 2010 Freestyle Frisbee at the National Pet Show. My baby, had an injury the last week of December 2010. So he started off the new year with rest but this was a stubborn soft tissue injury that just kept popping back each time he exercised. So after 5 months I decided at only 6 my dog deserves to play without getting sore. So we started rehab. He went twice a week for one month for laser therapy, massage and I was taught how to do stretches and strength exercises. After only a month of rehab, he was given the okay by the vet to gradually return to sports. Of course being Cowboy he suffered a bit of trauma cutting his leg open and needing 5 staples in his leg. So that set us back another week.

Well I am pleased to announce that Cowboy's recovery is FANTASTIC! And Saturday July 9th, he will be competing in his very first USDDN qualifyer in Ottawa Ontario. With virtually no practice of an actual routine lol. I expected his comeback to be somewhat more of a blow the crowd away routine but I think we need to start somewhere, the season is half over and we haven't done a single competition. I need to play with my dog in front of a crowd. Cowboy needs to remember what it is to play with a crowd cheering for him. We both need this to get focused again and back on track.

And YES there will be a video. I am also working on getting a friend to tag along as our photographer lol

I am SOOOO nervous about trying on a new organization, with new rules and new faces. But there was a time I didn't think I'd be able to ever do this again so I;m also nervous this event will bring me to tears. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:14 pm
I can't wait for pics/vid Gaby! Hooray Cowboy!  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 pm
ugh, practice tonight sucked. He gets tired sooo easily. I guess 6 months of rest will do that to you. And I went just like 1-2 weeks without throwing the frisbee and suddenly I suck. I dunno lol. This is gona be kind of pathetic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:54 pm
Right so the video is taking a while to edit since I'm rarely free. But I think I'll be done tomorrow morning. Hopefully cause then I'm working overtime and well Thursday is workout and then Harry Potter and Friday I get the pleco... you see how editing video doesn't want to fit in my schedule lol.

BBbuutttt, I have a few pics in the meantime.

This is prob my favorite, just cause it is so Cowboy. Catch the frisbee, stop, and allow the crowd a moment to admire him. No rush. Not like we're BEING TIMED! or anything lol

User Image

Victory Lap

User Image

You can actually SEE his collar!
User Image

Yes I juggle frisbees, not balls, ONLY frisbees lol.
User Image

Dog catch disc catch dog...well okay he missed the disc but you get the point.
User Image

MULTIPLES! the only move were good at cause it was the only thing he could practice when he was resting.
User Image

And finally, one very tired dog
User Image  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:10 pm
Cant get over how cute that first pic is! He's so silly lol Cant wait for the vid =D

Also- "YEAH!" to Harry Potter LOL  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:14 pm
Cowboys back! Hurray. biggrin

We demandz video!  

11 Cardinal 11

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:43 am
I ADORE that last pic! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:40 am
Thanks guys. The video is basically done but seeing as it's 4am it will need to wait till after work tomorrow.

P.S Harry Potter ROCKED!! Seeing it again Saturday  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:43 pm
mkay, so much editing for a short video lol, but HERE IT IS!!!

ALSO pics from round two freestyle are up and here are my favs.

User Image
How does he KNOW to look at the photographer when I can't remember lol

User Image
Succesful dog catch, didn't count lol, time was called.

User Image
Love it, might buy this one. They're $4 each for 4x6

User Image
A difficult throw that I honestly don't remember what is called lol. Feel like such an amateur at this event. Every trick, throw, movement has a name lol.

User Image
Behind the back throw (most prob not called that lol)

User Image
Under the leg shot

User Image
This is our synchronized roll but just looks hilarious.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:07 pm
I think I might buy the vault photo. The one you like Savage was not the photographer but a fellow competitor so that one is free yay.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces