Submit

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:51 am
If I see a user with nothing but the default underwear or a naked glitch, I treat the person the same as if the person were running around naked in my neighborhood in real life. That is to say, I shun the person and if there is any reason to talk to the person I don't take him or her seriously unless doing so is convenient or rewarding for me.

But I generally treat online people the same as if they were acting like that in real life.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:13 am
Just out of curiosity, how would you treat someone who runs around everywhere in real life in a one piece bathing suit, wings, and legwarmers?  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:56 am
ThisEmptySoul
Just out of curiosity, how would you treat someone who runs around everywhere in real life in a one piece bathing suit, wings, and legwarmers?
An angel: Respect and admiration for beauty.

Human: How weird.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:07 am
ThisEmptySoul
Additionally, the swimsuit is supposed to be a bodysuit or something, not a swimsuit..  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:46 pm
Many of the nekkid avis may be trying to get the Nudist Colony Achievement.

Both my accounts have been running around in just their undies for a short while, to get the Achievement.

The whole point about Gaia is, it's *not* real life. I wouldn't run about in grey knickers IRL, nor would I wear thigh-high white boots, cat's ears and bodice. Some of us are built for jeans and jumpers, Gaia is an escape from that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:58 pm
*Glomps September Wolf* THANK YOU!  

Liada Trovaras

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:00 pm
What about people who deliberately layer their outfit so that Gaia glitches and doesn't censor the chest or crotch? That bugs the hell out of me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Why? It's a bunch of n****e-less, hair-less, package-less pixels. The only part of a person's gaia account that's worth treating as if it were real life - is what they post. That's the only part that's real. The rest is like playing dress up with a doll, and anybody who takes that seriously should either learn to chill or take up a career in fashion.  

purpleravenhawk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:59 pm
Regardless of what it's supposed to be, it's still a swimsuit. A skin tight body suit with the same shape would still show off just as much skin.

In any case, people's avatars, while they can represent something about their personality, it does not always reflect them as a whole. As the saying goes, "you can't judge a book by its cover." Some people will have naked avatars or exploit "nude" glitches simply because they think it's funny rather than being people who would expose themselves in public.

Seeing a nude avatar is pretty much akin to seeing a mannequin that hasn't been dressed yet.

Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games