Submit

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:45 am
People in America who preach racism, segregation and racial or other forms of genetic purity are often Christian. Jesus had 2 ancestors that weren't Jewish or Israelite. They, in fact, came from the surrounding nations. Ruth was from Moab and Rahab was from Jericho.

Not only that, but he was a Jew, and middle eastern. A white man would stick out in the time and place he was supposed to have been born and raised in and was supposed to have lived in.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:19 am
I would have to disagree with you on that. There are many people in America who are not white who preach racism. I think its kinda funny that you would generalize though, seeing how that is part of racism.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:39 am
Vengence of Areashine
I would have to disagree with you on that. There are many people in America who are not white who preach racism. I think its kinda funny that you would generalize though, seeing how that is part of racism.
I wasn't saying all racists are white, I only brought up the subject of Jesus's race because he is traditionally depicted as white due to the classic art of him being done by Europeans.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:57 am
Rei Inaba
Vengence of Areashine
I wasn't saying all racists are white, I only brought up the subject of Jesus's race because he is traditionally depicted as white due to the classic art of him being done by Europeans.
I didn't say that you said all racists are white, you said that most racists are white, which is a generalization, which is part of racism.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:03 am
Vengence of Areashine
Rei Inaba
Vengence of Areashine
I didn't say that you said all racists are white, you said that most racists are white, which is a generalization, which is part of racism.
I don't recall saying that. confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:07 am
Rei Inaba
Vengence of Areashine
Rei Inaba
Vengence of Areashine
*looks back* Ohhhh man!! I'm sorry!! You are absolutely right!! Maybe I shouldn't be reading so early in the morning. sweatdrop My apologies.

I suppose my argument is still the same though. I'm fairly certain that there are other religions out there that can preach racial authority, but I have no proof of what I am thinking.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:15 am
Vengence of Areashine
Rei Inaba
Vengence of Areashine
Rei Inaba
Vengence of Areashine
*looks back* Ohhhh man!! I'm sorry!! You are absolutely right!! Maybe I shouldn't be reading so early in the morning. sweatdrop My apologies.

I suppose my argument is still the same though. I'm fairly certain that there are other religions out there that can preach racial authority, but I have no proof of what I am thinking.
I suppose any religion, unless it's the most peaceful religion on Earth with no violence or hate in it's history whatsoever, could be used to preach hate.  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games