Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Advice on what to wear [I'll explain in a mo]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Come on Balthazar

3,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:09 am
Whenever i've gone out, whenever it be to Prom, Weddings or the ike; I've been forced into dresses, corsets and skirts.
As a f2m this made me really uncomfortable, angsty and depressed for the most part.

I'm going out to a friend's 19th today, it's been mentioned we're going for a meal then clubbing. Which raises the bar to no trainers and no jeans.
I asked my gaurdian for advice and she flourished a black lacy corset like top at me.
(which when i put on everyone complimented on how wonderful i looked)

So i don't know, do i stick to the lacy corset thing and put up with being uncomfortable for the night, or stick to my guns and wear something that i'll feel more comfortable in (and be able to wear a binder as well)

The reason i'm asking is becuase i've only just breached the topic of being trans to my group of friends, and i'm afriad that appearing like this, they'll think i'm only saying it for attention.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:42 am
I say wear whatever it is that you think is comfortable and prefer.

If you're going to, the point is to have fun, correct? If you'll be able to be more comfortable in a certain outfit, the chances are you're going to end up having more fun, as you won't be worrying the whole time about your top.

Also, I just wanted to say, that your friends probably won't jump the gun and believe that you are just saying trans for the attention simply because you choose to wear a certain outfit over another. I'm sure they're all aware that everybody has their own opinion when it comes to clothing.
Plus, if they are truly real friends, they'll have already accepted your word for it without question.

Go in what you want, that's what I think you should do, at least ~

iSports Fanatic

Rainbow Fairy

11,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:58 am
ftm*

And yeah, wear what makes you comfortable. You should probably talk to everyone about how uncomfortable it makes you to wear dresses/skirts/looking feminine. Even if you have to become repetitive in saying how it makes you feel.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:58 pm
Always be who you are comfortable being. Bottom line. Don't compromise yourself. smile  

Yurdarkreverie

Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff