Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:49 pm
This is a serious question I was contemplating last night while flipping through some lover rock pages to stave off boredom. Is Seathi couples breed, then the male get's pregnant. But what happens when a seathi and a Nixie mate, since this can happen.
If it's a male seathi and a female Nixie, I expect the male will get pregnant. But what happened when it's a female seathi and a male nixie. Who carries the babies then?
Just a thought I was curious about.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:02 pm

God Sweeny stop the drama!!! J/k Ilu c: Good question!

Ktns

Lunatic

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:03 pm
KITA WHY YOU HATIN SO MUCH GET OUT OF MY LIFE YOU DON'T KNOW ME!
I know it bb, ilu too.
xD
It made me go User Image .  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:04 pm

*ttly non thread related but, omg watergrifflets soon*

Ktns

Lunatic

Renegade Athena

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:20 pm
This is an interesting question and im sure it will have an interesting answer.*wants to know aswell*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:52 pm
I could have sworn has been answered I think a few times before, but I cant find where.

When A female seathi and a Male Nixie Mate, the babies are carried slightly longer by the female, but not enough for it to really show, before being born prematurely, and spend more time in the enchanted shells that keep them healthy and finish developing.

When a Female Nixie and a Male Seathi mate, the Female Nixie gets pregnant.

This is because Female Nixie's are unable to impregnate Seathi stallions, and Male Nixie's lack the pouches they carry the premature offspring in.

My best guess in Seathi to Seathi breedings, seathi Stallions fertilize it within the female, but the chemical reactions of their bodies cause a reaction in them both, that, should it be a successful breeding, causes the unborn children to be transferred in a quick reaction, so fast that and subtle that neither parents realize it has happened until the male's belly begins to grow.

Because of the Chemical differences between Nixie and Seathi, that reaction doesn't happen, and thus the female seathi holds onto the offspring until the unborn foals are big enough to safely transfer to and let it spend the rest of the 9 months from conception in the shell.

While The Female Nixie can simply carry for Seven months and then go into labor, and the offspring spend the remaining two months in the shells, just like in a regular soquili pregnancy.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:10 pm
Ah, thank you mindsend!
I wasn't sure of the female seathi had the "equipment" to carry babies.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:23 pm
They do, but don't -- They can't carry them to term, so depend heavier on the shells when with a nixie stallion. They don't even really show it beyond a faint swelling, not even really enough to bother making a template for before they give birth.

However, in Seathi!Nixie hybrids, its basically all depends on how many legs they have.

If They're a SeaNixie, A Nixie with Seathi attributes, they act like a full blooded Nixie when reproduction is Involved. If a NixSeathi, A Seathi with Nixie/Nixie hybrid attributes, they follow the breeding laws of the Seathi.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:54 pm
Fair enough!